Disneyland Leap Day Meet? Feb. 29

Which meet times would you be interested in? (Choose any)

• 6am - Let's start this party off right!

• 2pm - Check in while we're fresh

• 6pm - 12 hour mark, who's still in?

• 2am - Let the coffee flow!

• 6am - We survived! Let's go get breakfast.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi All!

I've been a reader for a long time, but finally got a screen name so I can post. :cool1: I'm arriving on the 27th and leaving on the 2nd, so I'll be there for all 24 hours, but agree that I may need some help in the wee hours.

Count me in for your 2am meet, and any others you set up, and I look forward to meeting all of you. (I'm not on Facebook - I must confess I'm not super techie.)

Cindy

Hi All!

I've been a reader for a long time, but finally got a screen name so I can post. :cool1: I'm arriving on the 27th and leaving on the 2nd, so I'll be there for all 24 hours, but agree that I may need some help in the wee hours.

Count me in for your 2am meet, and any others you set up, and I look forward to meeting all of you. (I'm not on Facebook - I must confess I'm not super techie.)

Cindy

Congrats on your first post! :cool1:

Awesome! I have a Google Voice number that I use to text peeps both in the park and out - if you want to ask a question, meet up for a ride, need help finding something, let me know!

415-DISNEY2 (I got to pick the number!)

I am in! Do you guys really think people will camp out? I like to be early but that generally means arriving at security an hour before opening. I really want a good nights sleep. Yikes!

I doubt I'll be camping out - we're going to be there 24 hours anyway, I don't know if I can make it any longer!

It's a weekday, that might postpone locals who may come by after work. And by that time, we'll be in and maybe taking a nap at Carnation Gardens!

I have not found much info about the events for Leap Day. Can someone please share what web site they got their info from. Thank you so much :goodvibes:goodvibes

I have not found much info about the events for Leap Day. Can someone please share what web site they got their info from. Thank you so much :goodvibes:goodvibes

There really is not that much info out there. We got the restaurant hours by calling Disneyland Dining. Since so many restaurants in different lands are open most of the wee hours, we expect the rides around them will be too. As for the Fantasmic showing at 1am and other entertainment etc, that was an editor's update on miceage. He is often right, but it is far from confirmed.

We are only a week and a half away now. Cast members should have their schedules. I was hoping more info would be announced/released by now.

But I am going! Started packing today! Sooo excited!

I live up here in the middle of nowhere, so I don't have a Home Depot, which means no access to Lime Green Mickey Heads. A friend from the big city (Sacramento) is meeting me in LA, so I'm going to task her with making us nametags. What do you put on them? Your Disboard name and your real name? Does anyone have a pic of what I'd be shooting for? TIA

Cindy

DisneyParksBlog just posted this:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/02/guests-celebrating-one-more-disney-day-at-disneyland-park-could-receive-limited-edition-commemorative-ear-hats/

Big news for those planning to spend One More Disney Day at Disneyland park on February 29! Guests entering the park when it opens at 6 a.m. will receive a limited-edition ear hat commemorating the event, while supplies last. Ear hats are limited to a supply of 2,000 for guests who enter through the designated turnstiles when Disneyland park opens at 6 a.m. on February 29.

Here are some things you should know if you are planning to join us when Disneyland park opens at 6 a.m. on February 29:

•Guests may begin lining up no earlier than 10 p.m. on Tuesday, February 28.
•Guests planning to line up before Disneyland park opens must park in the Pumbaa Parking Lot on Disney Way between 10 p.m. on Tuesday, February 28 and 6 a.m. on February 29. Please note that the Pumbaa Lot will not begin to offer shuttle service to the East Esplanade until 6 a.m. on February 29. Click here for a map of Disneyland Resort parking areas.
•Restrooms will be available for guests who line up before Disneyland park opens.
•A special ticket booth will be available prior to Disneyland park opening for guests needing to purchase park admission for February 29. Valid park admission is required in order to enter Disneyland park and to receive the commemorative ear hat.
•Commemorative ear hats will be distributed, while supplies last, to guests who enter through the designated turnstiles beginning at 6 a.m. on February 29, when Disneyland park officially opens. Limit one ear hat per person, and you must be present at the time of distribution.
•Please remember that being in line and entering the park does not guarantee that you will receive a commemorative ear hat. Ear hats are limited to a supply of 2,000 for guests who enter through the designated turnstiles when Disneyland park opens at 6 a.m. on February 29.
•Be sure to check the list of items that are not permitted inside Disneyland park as you plan what you will bring with you that day. Admission to the park is subject to capacity restrictions.

I was at Disneyland for the 50th and I got in line at about 4am for that, Is this event:confused3 gonna be as big as that one was? I am flying in from Denver the night before and I really would like to get some sleep???

I think we got there at 5am for the 50th (both the kickoff and the actual birthday), and once the line got going it didn't take long for us to get in

10pm the night before? Aww hell no!

The ear hat, while it sounds cool, is not worth lining up an extra 8 hours for.

Sounds like parking might be wonky if arriving before 6am - anyone know how long the walk is with no shuttle? I was hoping to park in the main parking lot, so we could tram out to it and pick up extra supplies if needed.

Is anyone actually planning on spending the night in the Esplanade in line?

10pm the night before? Aww hell no!

The ear hat, while it sounds cool, is not worth lining up an extra 8 hours for.

Sounds like parking might be wonky if arriving before 6am - anyone know how long the walk is with no shuttle? I was hoping to park in the main parking lot, so we could tram out to it and pick up extra supplies if needed.

Is anyone actually planning on spending the night in the Esplanade in line?

I might be crazy about trying to spend 24 hours in Disneyland but I'm not crazy enough to line up at 10 pm the night before. I don't even do that for Black Friday!! :lmao: I'd love a hat but I agree it's not worth lining up that early for.

We're going to be driving down from Northern Calif the evening of Feb 28 so we're going to need to sleep a few hours before we get in line. Worse case I get in line about 4 am and the husband joins me with the kids about an hour later.

What time is everyone thinking of getting to the gates?

After seeing the photo of the hat. I think I'll sleep. If the park is full at 1pm (about the time I plan to be done with DCA...I'll just spend more time over there and check back for when DL reopens.

I'm flying in the afternoon before and won't have a hotel room for the 29th. So I'm going to get as much sleep as I can before planning to be awake for at least 26 hours. (to get home in the bay area)

I agree with everyone else...geez standing in line for 8 hours for that hat...not worth it.

It's good to see I'm not the only non hotel roomer for the 29th. I'm still trying to figure out how to make this work with no suitcase and no room...going to be tricky.

Is there anything else special about getting there at 6? I might sleep in a bit and start at DCA at 8.

How about downtown disney places opening early...I could really use a smoothie and steel oats from Jamba for that morning.

After seeing the photo of the hat. I think I'll sleep. If the park is full at 1pm (about the time I plan to be done with DCA...I'll just spend more time over there and check back for when DL reopens.

I'm flying in the afternoon before and won't have a hotel room for the 29th. So I'm going to get as much sleep as I can before planning to be awake for at least 26 hours. (to get home in the bay area)

Bay Area represent! Redwood City over here, Woot Woot!

I was thining of gettin in line at 5. 4 Is the earliest. I also won' t have a hotel on the 29th. I won't sacrifice my whole experience for lack of sleep just for ears.
I saw on the poll that a few people want to have breakfast after the park closes. I am up for that. I will have some time to waste before I have to go to the airport. Hopefully we will all have some magical experences to share:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter