** Disneyland Merriest Nights - Official Thread **

The thing about that is you can save money by buying a day ticket, getting 16 hours in the park instead of 7 hours, and riding rides with practically no lines before 11 am or during/after fireworks because the park clears out.

I don't want to hang out there for 16 hours. I can ride a load of rides in just a few hours with way less crowds - then I'm there. I never even bother going to the parks during the day on a day I have a party ticket. For me, the value is there for the after hours events with less people.

I don't want to hang out there for 16 hours. I can ride a load of rides in just a few hours with way less crowds - then I'm there. I never even bother going to the parks during the day on a day I have a party ticket. For me, the value is there for the after hours events with less people.
Yeah I am too old to hang out at the parks for 16 hours. Crowds increase my stress level so the lower crowd level at the after hour events/parties is worth the extra money (and I have a magic key for DL and AP at WDW).

Yeah I am too old to hang out at the parks for 16 hours. Crowds increase my stress level so the lower crowd level at the after hour events/parties is worth the extra money (and I have a magic key for DL and AP at WDW).
I bought tickets specifically for the lower crowd level and the ease of getting on most rides. Throw in some holiday cheer and we are good to go!

Where/How do you join the mobile waitlist for merchandise?

ETA: More specifically, do you need to be inside Launch Bay or are there signs with the QR code outside the building?

The signs with the QR code were outside the building, at the base of the ramp. Just walk up, scan the QR code, and hit join. When I was there, there was no one hanging around that area so it's not like I was ever waiting in a mob to do anything. I feel better in a weird way that the magnets and ornaments were already sold out at the start of the night, though it does seem like pretty poor planning on their part.

And someone earlier said it felt like you were shopping at a warehouse -- yes, it was a very...utilitarian shopping experience. Don't expect leisurely browsing through a bunch of cool stuff. The selection of items (even if everything was in stock) was pretty limited, and you just went to your cashier straight away and looked at a card that had the items on it and that was it.

That makes sense then. If your aim is rides and you don’t care for fireworks, more hours, and the higher price doesn’t make difference then this is definitely a good fit for you.

That outfit is great!

Thank you ! I got the skirt off ETSY and the top is one I've had for years. I was happy the petticoat actually worked with it too. I tied the jingle bell sipper strap into a small bow and at night really think it will add something. I so rarely really go all out for events.
I also have some knee high brown boots to pair with it and seeing what else I can add :)

Thank you ! I got the skirt off ETSY and the top is one I've had for years. I was happy the petticoat actually worked with it too. I tied the jingle bell sipper strap into a small bow and at night really think it will add something. I so rarely really go all out for events.
I also have some knee high brown boots to pair with it and seeing what else I can add :)
I love that outfit--everything, the skirt the top and the bag!! Maybe you can wear a Christmas-y necklace or a brooch too since you said you're seeing what else you can add? I normally dress very similar in the parks but for Merriest Nites I decided to wear my holiday Stitch leggings because I want a pic with Santa Stitch. But your cute outfit is making me want to go with a skirt and Christmas accessories lol! I'll be there on the 7th :)

Hey everyone, I have a weird question. I have a family member that's super weird about having his picture taken (for privacy reasons). I know DL usually takes a pic of you at the gate for certain tickets, are they taking your picture at the turnstile for these special event tickets like the Merriest of Nights? And if so are they asking you to remove your mask?

Hey everyone, I have a weird question. I have a family member that's super weird about having his picture taken (for privacy reasons). I know DL usually takes a pic of you at the gate for certain tickets, are they taking your picture at the turnstile for these special event tickets like the Merriest of Nights? And if so are they asking you to remove your mask?
I assume they are, but not sure (others can reply to that)…. However you should let him know he’s having picture and live HD video taken of him nearly every step he takes at the park. Disney security cams all over and hidden on attractions too.

Not sure what the difference is, as he shouldn’t go on private property business (or public) if he doesn’t want to be recorded or photographed.

Ye
I assume they are, but not sure (others can reply to that)…. However you should let him know he’s having picture and live HD video taken of him nearly every step he takes at the park. Disney security cams all over and hidden on attractions too.

Not sure what the difference is, as he shouldn’t go on private property business (or public) if he doesn’t want to be recorded or photographed.

Yeah, I know all about being under constant surveillance when there. It's just hard explaining that to the older generation. It's one thing when there are hidden surveillance cameras around the park, it's another when a CM is holding a camera in front of your face. Ya know?

I’m having a hard time picturing where to stand to have a perfect spot to watch the little Muppets show. Would anybody be willing to mark on a map exactly where to stand? We’re going tomorrow and that is my top priority. Thanks!

Are my X’s on this map in the right place? If so, which color X would be the best place for a perfect view of the Muppets? Thanks!

3F0740B4-8781-4436-9167-2B41346299CC.jpeg

To the left of the black X, in Main Street The bus stops with the side facing down Main St. We were about where the blue X is and had something of a view, but not great.

The bus drives up Main Street and around the hub so you can’t camp out in the middle of the street, but you can move there after the bus passes.

Yes, if your goal is low wait times for rides then you will love the party. Most people were watching the parades and standing in picture or merch lines. You will get to walk on rides. Enjoy!

Was just checking this thread for just this information, for indeed my goal is to breeze through as many rides as possible. Looking forward to tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter