Disneyland Myths and Legends

I also had a cast member show me the parking lot sign inside the que of Indie (it's inside the projection room behind the projector. Very hard to see if you don't know it's there)

You are not kidding. I have looked & looked for it but have been unsuccessful.

We saw a Disney Cat on Friday. I was so excited to see it. Later in the day I was talking to a cast member about it and he told me that there is an orange cat that likes to sit on top of a rock that over looks Fantasyland. They call him Simba. I never made it back over to find the rock but I will be looking for it in December.

I also had a cast member show me the parking lot sign inside the que of Indie (it's inside the projection room behind the projector. Very hard to see if you don't know it's there)

I also asked many cast members on rides where some hidden Mickeys are but I could not make them out on the first ride. I plan on researching these for our Dec trip.

There is a Hidden Mickey book, that is very good...and small enough to slip in a bag.

You are not kidding. I have looked & looked for it but have been unsuccessful.

Ask the cast member next time you are in the room. She had to shine her flash light on it for us to see it. The next time through we looked for it our selves and because we knew where it was we could see the outline.

I had a former CM tell me this one. If a CM is required to point to something, they always point with both their index and middle fingers together (I verified this by asking a CM for directions).
The myth is, the reason this is done is because that is the way Walt liked to point. He did this because he often had a cigarette between those two fingers.

It might have started that way, but nowadays, I think how to point is more a general thing. It also happens like this way at airports and airlines (either with 2 fingers or even 4). In some cultures pointing with one finger is considered rude.

I just found out about this. I will have to buy one and study it. Thank you.

The book is great, it is broken in two. The first half will give you clues where they are and the second half will direct you right to it. We often make a game of it when we go to see who can find the most. The book is also constantly changing because they are constantly adding and taking away the hidden mickeys.

I also had a cast member show me the parking lot sign inside the que of Indie (it's inside the projection room behind the projector. Very hard to see if you don't know it's there) .

They removed it on the last refurb.

Along the same lines as the parking lot sign in Indy (or was in Indy), Max, Melvin, and Buff from the Country Bears are hanging out in Winnie the Pooh. If you look up and behind you as you exit the Heffalump room, you'll see them!

Not really a secret, or myth but the last post reminded me that the animals in the riverboat scene of Splash Mountain are from "America Sings".

The myth I'm thinking of was that Walt Disney himself didn't allow Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev to visit Disneyland. There are varying accounts of what happened, but the most likely in my opinion was that the LAPD was charged with his security during the Southern California trip, and that they weren't comfortable with trying to arrange security all the way down to OC on such short notice.

I had a former CM tell me this one. If a CM is required to point to something, they always point with both their index and middle fingers together (I verified this by asking a CM for directions).
The myth is, the reason this is done is because that is the way Walt liked to point. He did this because he often had a cigarette between those two fingers.

I read this as well, but I read they do it because pointing is offensive in some cultures.

The myth I'm thinking of was that Walt Disney himself didn't allow Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev to visit Disneyland. There are varying accounts of what happened, but the most likely in my opinion was that the LAPD was charged with his security during the Southern California trip, and that they weren't comfortable with trying to arrange security all the way down to OC on such short notice.

I perpetuate the myth that the Cuban Missile Crisis was a result of Khruschev being upset over not being allowed to go to Disneyland. I tell it every chance I get.

There was a book (name escapes me now) that discussed this very topic. The one story that stands out to me is about the cats. How they used to have carts that sold lemonade and hot dogs in the parks. The carts attracted rats. So they tried putting poison in some of the hot dogs and leaving them out over night to kill the rats. Before park opening they would have to clean up all the uneaten hot dogs. They missed one and a toddler boy found one laying on the ground, ate it and got sick. That's when they started bringing in the cats.

Anyone else remember that story or what book it was from?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter