• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland or Disney World?

ColdNeverBotheredMe

Try Everything!
As a Disneyland veteran who has never been to Orlando, I was curious as to how many of you guys have been to both, or either, and if both, which you like better. I apologize for my weird sentence structure...

I've been to both. I think they both have their own unique things, but our family normally travels to WDW due to the larger size and cheaper resorts.

I've been to Disneyland once and Disney World five or six. I like WDW the best because it's so much bigger and there's a lot more to do there.

I've been to Disney world eight times and Disneyland 0. I really would like to go to disney land though. I like Disney world better just because...

I heard somewhere that Disneyland actually has about the same amount of rides as Disney World, they're just way less spread out. But I REEEEEALLY want to go to Disney World, I could spend much longer there. At Disneyland you can do everything in a few days. BUT World of Color is one of the most amazing things ever and I'm pretty sure they don't have that at Disney World.

I think as far as attractions, resorts, and parks go, Disney World is better. But Disney Land is an incredible experience because you get to step where Walt stepped and see Walt's vision come to life. I think that's incredible.

Yes, I agree. I think I would go with WDW only beacause it is bigger, and has much more to offer for the kiddies.:dance3:

I've been to Disney World 20+ times and Disney Land once. WDW is so much bigger, it's a different vacation. There's so much to do there. I did Disney Land just to see what it's like. So much history and tradition there. WDW is definitely better though

I've been to Disneyland 1 time and Walt Disney World 21 times with my 22 trip due up next month! I love WDW with all my heart, but I really would prefer going to Disneyland next. I want to see the new additions that have happened after I went such as Soundsational and World of Color. If I had to decide, I would choose WDW though because it's size and variety of things to do. Don't get me wrong though, Disneyland is still amazing!

I have never been to Disneyland, however I hope to visit one day. I've been to Walt Disney World a whole total of 5 times.

This I can tell you: When it comes to scale, Disneyland can fit into Magic Kindom's PARKING LOT..... TWICE. ;)

I feel like they're two very different experiences, and someday I'd love to experience both, but for now I'm pretty happy with Disneyland. It's easy to walk everywhere because of close proximity, it actually has just as many rides as Disney World, it's closer to where I live, and it's the original. I dunno, I feel like you can't beat that. But it's interesting to hear your thoughts.
(also World of Color wins)

I've been fortunate enough to visit both, but WDW will always be home to me. I love Disneyland because when I was there last summer, all I could think was that I could really /feel/ Walt there and picture him strolling down the path, but I absolutely love how in WDW you are completely set away from the outside world. When I pass under the arch suddenly everything is Disney, and all of my worries just drift away. I think WDW's slogan "Four parks. One world." is very fitting because it really does feel like it's an entirely different world, while I didn't feel the same way at Disneyland because it's right in the center of a busy area and you can see the parks from the street. Both are amazing, but I will always have a special place in my heart for WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter