• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Paris: April 10th-12th, 2005

kelleigh1

<font color=purple>Disney Baby<br><font color=gree
We have never been to Disneyland Paris, but we'll be spending a day there while visting Europe in a few weeks.

I am looking for any tips or advice from those who have been there. Not sure exactly which day we'll be going to the park, but most likely it will be either Monday, April 11th or Tuesday, April 12th.

There will be 4 adults, all in our 30's and 2 kids. My niece is 11 and my nephew is not quite 10. I don't believe that we'll be staying at the resort, so I'm really just looking for information about the parks themselves such as best plan of attack for rides, where to eat, etc.

Thanks!!

Hi,

go on tuesday, cause it might be the less crowded day.
Be there early and go straight throught the castle to Fantasyland to do Peter Pan and IASW and the other rides. There is FP for Peter Pan. Go and get you a FP for BTM if the waiting time is longer than 30 minutes and do Phantom Manor on the meantime. Be sure to see the Tarzan show and go to the other rides. If you love coasters dont miss the new Space Mountain (FP).
And you should try to get either at 11am or 3pm tickets for the Lion King show.
Greets Renate :wizard:

Hi!

I'm also a veteran of the day-trip-while-on-vacation-in-Europe thing. Lot's of fun! ::MinnieMo Even if it's only one day, it'll be a great one, and you won't have to give up much time from your European holdiday.

My main tip, which I'm sure everyone else will echo, is to just visit Disneyland Park. The Studios are nice, but don't have nearly enough to warrant going to when it's your first trip.

As for choosing when to go...well, the park will be more crowded on the weekend, so good choice avoiding those days. As for Monday vs. Tuesday, see what you want to do in Paris on the day you do not visit Disney. If you want to visit the Louvre on that day, for example, keep in mind that the Louvre is closed on Tuesdays. Or, if you wanted to do nothing but shopping on those days, remember that some small shops (not nearly a majority, but a good number- definitely not the major department stores) are closed for half a day on Monday.

Also, are you using a Paris Museum Pass? They are a great option for visiting the museums, IMO, but they require that you use them on consecutive days, which is another thing to keep in mind.

One more thing: possibly keep your visiting date flexible, just in case it turns out that you hear right before your visit than one day will have terrible weather and the other will be beautiful.

As for the park itself, my main tip is to get there shortly before the official opening time. Each time I've been, whether the park opeened at 9 or 10, things did not start to pick up at all until around 11:30-12, so basically every ride was either walk-on or close to it.
Plan to stay at the park until closing time. I love the park at night, it's so magical!

As suggested, do get tickets for the Lion King show. If they only have tickets left for one of the French shows, still get them. About 90% of the show is sung, and the singing is in English in all of the shows. It's just the 10% (less, actually) that's spoken that alternatives between French and English.

The only rides that I've ever seen get very long lines are Peter Pan and Thunder Mountain. Either ride them early, or get a Fast Pass sometime before the early afternoon (the fast passes get distributed rather quickly sometimes).

If you're a WDW veteran, some of the attractions will be very familiar (for example, Start Tours, Honey I Shurnk the Audience).
My favorites include Phantom Manor (DLP's version of the Haunted Mansion), Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Peter Pan, It's a Small World (DLP's is better than WDW, IMO), Snow White, Pinocchio, and the Lion King show. Space Mountain is also great, and I think it will be open by then (a new version they're preparing!) But really, everything is great, and even with one day, you can see everything, as long as the park is not terribly crowded that day.

See the parades! I love them!

As for meals, for regular sit-down restaurants I'd recommend Blue Lagoon and/or Auberge de Cendrillon. These are my favorites in the park. For a character dinner, consider Inventions at the Disneyland Hotel (this hotel is literally over the entrance to the park).

HAVE FUN!!! :cool1: :flower: :earboy2:

I may add something later if I forget, but I do hope that this helps! ::MinnieMo

Thanks for the info. I'm going to have to share this with my sister. They live in Germany and we're sorta just tagging along, although I am trying to get as much info as possible to share with her. She set up a tentative itinerary for our entire trip and noted those 3 days for Paris...one of which will be Disneyland Paris.

We did all go to WDW (with the exception of my husband) a few years ago, and my sister pretty much mapped the whole trip with her handy little guide. We started calling her Julie, our cruise director.

I haven't been able to find a good Disneyland Paris guidebook, so she hasn't had her highlighter out yet.

The best book for DLP is Simon Veness's 'A Brit's Guide to Disneyland Paris'.Even though you are in the States I think it would help alot with your planning.You should be able to get it through Amazon.

Great thanks! I'll have to look for that. My ancestors came to the states on the Mayflower, so we were British at one point. :teeth:

Darn! Just checked Amazon, and it's currently unavailable. Also checked Barnes & Noble and they don't have it at all.

The American version of Amazon may never sell DLP books. Try www.amazon.co.uk
The shipping may be expensive, but it's probably the best way to get the book. Depending on the price, it might not be worth it for a one-day trip...

They did have some DLP books, but it just said that particular one was currently unavailable but to check back.

There was one by the author who put together the WDW book that I'd bought a few years back. That one was great, but his DLP one has gotten some really bad reviews. Most people said that he should stick with WDW because he didn't really seem to know about DLP>

Hi Kelleigh, I found you! :banana:

The DIS rocks for info, and if you think TOF is addicting, watch out for this place!! :rotfl2:

Amanda...yeah, I think I'm in trouble! I definitely need lots of info though. Wish I'd found this place a few weeks earlier though, because we leave for Europe in less than 3 weeks and I don't know much about DLP! At least I've got time before WDW....although all this rate/code talk is confusing me.

Kelleigh have you looked at the offical DLP website?
There is loads of info on rides,parades and restaurants.
Other than that ask away with any question however silly you may think it sounds.There are lots of helpful and knowledgeable people who will probably know the answers.
I've learnt LOADS from this board.

I did check out the website and I ordered the brochure...but was disappointed to find that the brochure was Sept (or was it Oct.?) to March. I ordered it again after the site said it was updated, and I still got the same one. We'll be there in April and I was really hoping to have the updated brochure.

I also need to talk to my sister to see what she knows about the place. She's the big sister...so she usually runs the show. I usually just follow...but she's good at planning, so it's not like I'm ever disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter