• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Paris Closures & Refurbs List Up To Sept 2017

BadPinkTink

Republic of Ireland is not part of UK
I just checked the official website and this is the new closures list up to September 2017

closures_zpsyxaiu71d.jpg

Thanks for the update. So lets see for us (March 20 until 27, 2016):

BTM....closed
Peter Pan.....closed
RnRC.....closed
Star Tours....closed

I know about BTM, PP and ST but RnRC is new to me.

:scared1:

They should mention what will be open so the list will not be that long.:laughing:

But we will have fun anyway.....:wizard:

Not happy BTM and the Train are closed over Christmas... Would have thought seeing as the park is rammed over that time they would be running everything...

damm we were going March 2017 - will need to change that now. I hadnt really looked at the list until now.

Not happy BTM and the Train are closed over Christmas... Would have thought seeing as the park is rammed over that time they would be running everything...

The park is rammed over Christmas, I was there Christmas Eve , Christmas Day 2013 and it was heaving. Saying that though, one one of the days only Main Street Station was open, ie that was the only place you could get on the train, all the other stations were exit only.

damm we were going March 2017 - will need to change that now. I hadnt really looked at the list until now.

The closures / refurbs are a major project, I guess people didnt really realise how major though.

I saw on another forum that Rock n Roller Coaster will close on February 22 2016 and reopen July 2016

It is to be expected they are trying to refurb the major attractions by April 2017 as that is their 25th anniversary so want it looking fresh for then and it will reduce the closures for that year, it was the same for 2011 when they were preparing for the 20th anniversary

My friend was going to visit next year to celebrate her 50th but decide to push it back a year, mainly because of the closures, she decided she'd rather wait and see the 25th celebrations the following year.

We decided back in 2012 we would be extremely sensible and use our heads, not our hearts and wouldn't visit again until 2017 ..... however if you've got a trip planned for next year, don't get too despondent about the closures however disapponting it is, you'll still have a fantastic time ..... after all, you're at Disney!

..... however if you've got a trip planned for next year, don't get too despondent about the closures however disapponting it is, you'll still have a fantastic time ..... after all, you're at Disney!

Best post ever about the closures at DLP!

:worship:

I'm in Disneyland in January can you still board the train at other stations or is it safe to say the train won't be on at all

It says Disneyrailroad including Main Street Station, so that means all stations are closed, no trains running. I have seen photos and read trip reports from people there in the last few weeks. There are no trains running and Main Street Station is all boarded up, with scaffolding and construction workers working there.

There is still plenty to do but I understand when people get disappointed.

We need an announcement of a new attraction, would be nice for one to open for the anniversary, toy story mania anyone?

Any idea how long the scaffolding will be up around Main Street station? It takes the shine off the entrance a bit :( will it be up right up to next September do you think?

Any idea how long the scaffolding will be up around Main Street station? It takes the shine off the entrance a bit :( will it be up right up to next September do you think?

I would say as long as Main St USA Station is on the list, then the scaffolding will be up, so yes right up to next September

Oh that's sad :( what about when the list reduces to just Main Street and discovery land station - will the train be running the full loop do you think just not stopping at those stations?

Oh that's sad :( what about when the list reduces to just Main Street and discovery land station - will the train be running the full loop do you think just not stopping at those stations?

I doubt it, as how can you do major refub work with a train passing through the station every few minutes. Think about it logically, if they are doing such a major refub they must be redoing the tracks, and alot of repair work which can not be done during normal maintenance when the train is running. It would not be safe for the workers OR guests on the train to have the train going through the closed stations

Yeah I agree I just thought that maybe the major engineering works would take place whilst the whole railroad was closed and then when the schedule dropped down to individual stations it would be more asthetic work taking place in which case maybe the train could pass through? I don't understand why they would list the railroad as being closed till January only if in actual fact it's really closed till September? Either way I'll keep my fingers crossed for our trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter