• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Paris Hotel FAQ Threads

I, personally would prefer all the Hotel FAQs to be links in one sticky. If we are going to be having 8+ hotel AND the trip report stickies at the top of the board it's going to take up a lot of space. Plus, when someone posts a question on a sticky it's not always noticed because the thread doesn't move anywhere - I only tend to notice a question when it's posted as a new thread. Or is that just a problem I have?!

But if most people want them all individually stuck, then fine. It was JMHO!!

I agree with Bexx - it would make much more sense to have one sticky thread (IMHO) with links to each one. Then people could still comment on the individual threads and they would be "bumped" rather than staying at the top anyway. I am like Bexx and tend not to notice threads unless they are "bumped"!

What Cyrano said about having to read every post isn't true, I don't think... unless I'm misunderstanding. You just click on the link you're interested in, right? :confused3

Bonnie said:
What Cyrano said about having to read every post isn't true, I don't think... unless I'm misunderstanding. You just click on the link you're interested in, right? :confused3

Yes that's right. If there was one "Hotel FAQ" sticky, it could have links to the individual hotel threads. You could choose which hotel you wanted to read about and click on that link to go striaght to the relevant thread.

Regards

Rob

I like the idea of one sticky I must admit. Like they have one on the WDW Resorts Forum here I think separate stickies might take up a lot of space otherwise.

But hey, we can be trailblazers over here if you prefer :teeth:

Looks like the vote is for one stickie :teeth:
Lets go for it and see how it looks :cool1:

Reid

Richard, as you did all the initial work on the Hotel FAQs I think it's only fair that the Hotel FAQ Index is under your name. Do you want to do a quick post with links to the individual threads? Once you have done that it can be made sticky and we can add future FAQs that other people are working on in due course.

Regards

Rob

Bexx said:
I, personally would prefer all the Hotel FAQs to be links in one sticky. When someone posts a question on a sticky it's not always noticed because the thread doesn't move anywhere - I only tend to notice a question when it's posted as a new thread.
QUOTE]

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Now I understand having seen it in action!!! Yes, much better with 1 sticky and separate threads inside it. "Duh" for me!!! :rolleyes1

"Duh" for me!!!

Hardly, Di! :) It would have been great having separate threads if there had just been a few stickys - but I just thought that 8+ would have taken up a lot of space. (Have a look at the Seaworld board!!) And I hadn't even cottoned onto the fact that once you ask a question on one of the links it gets bumped up to the top of the current threads - that's great. I just thought that if people wanted to ask a question about a hotel they could start a new thread. So "Duh" for me too!!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter