Disneyland Paris Hotel Reopening - I booked the Castle Club!!!

So jealous! Ever since I saw the "Pink Hotel" as myself and younger sister dubbed it in early 90's, I have wanted to stay there. Unfortunately, unless I win big on the lottery, its way out of my price range!
I feel the pain 😄
I've been in every other hotel at DLP, except the Disneyland Hotel. Every time I look at staying there, the prices scare me away.
But I have bought DVC resale in 2012 and I've staying at the Grand Floridian on points, so I sort of realized the dream somehow.

Anyone staying in a Deluxe room soon? MouseSteps is reporting on their experience. A lot of positive reviews, but they feel the Deluxe rooms weren't ready to receive guests.
Go back to the 25th of January.

twitter.com/Mousesteps

If you are staying at the Disneyland Hotel, take your time out of the park to take advantage of this!

Disneyland Hotel in Paris - new Royal Banquet restaurant only available for Disneyland Hotel guests

Initially the restaurant would be open for guests of other hotels for lunch only. Now this decision has been reverted and it's only available for guests who are actually staying in the Disneyland Hotel.

The new dining location is a character dining spot where several princesses (with or without princes) meet.

If you are staying at the Disneyland Hotel, take your time out of the park to take advantage of this!

Disneyland Hotel in Paris - new Royal Banquet restaurant only available for Disneyland Hotel guests

Initially the restaurant would be open for guests of other hotels for lunch only. Now this decision has been reverted and it's only available for guests who are actually staying in the Disneyland Hotel.

The new dining location is a character dining spot where several princesses (with or without princes) meet.

While this does disappoint me, in a way I understand.

I have stayed at Disneyland Hotel in 2016, before the closure. Full transparency, I didnt PAY Disneyland Hotel rate, I got a free upgrade from the old Hotel New York.

Yes you pay for the location, but other than that, only the pool was exclusive to hotel guests. Paying the huge price difference, even in standard rooms, didnt get any other different perks than all the other onsite hotels. The only notable difference was that luggage was brought to my room from the luggage store and collected from my room at check out.

Having a restaurant exclusive to hotel guests is a big draw and good business sense to me. For people who are that price point, and may be deciding between the Marvel Hotel and Disneyland Hotel, having an exclusive character restaurant will be a deciding factor.

I know the Disneyland Hotel is out of price range for most Disneyland Paris guests, but thats the point. Disney are creating a product for the guests who are at the upper price point level. Disney are very good at knowing their different type of guests and creating products specifically for each type.

I do get it, especially if Disneyland Hotel guests were unable to get a restaurant reservation due to other guests.
However, that they have removed the lunch option for non- Disneyland hotel guests is a pity.

Do they allow walkups if there aren't enough reservations?
The news item didnt say. With the restaurant just open, probably not a lot of people have tried it.

On one hand, it is Disney and money is money. On the other hand, they are French.

I do get it, especially if Disneyland Hotel guests were unable to get a restaurant reservation due to other guests.
However, that they have removed the lunch option for non- Disneyland hotel guests is a pity.
I believe this has been confirmed as a 'technical error' and Royal Banquet remains bookable for lunch for those staying in any of the Disneyland hotels.

Disneyland Paris makes new change to get access to Disneyland Hotel

After the loads of vloggers (and curious people) getting into the Disneyland Hotel after its long refurbishment... DLP has made a new change to their system to have a look.

First it was: no one can come in, unless you have a hotel reservation.
Second: Only a handful at a time, queue up outside.

And now they are re-introducing the Lineberty App back to the parks, but this time to get access to the hotel. You cannot use the amenities or eat there (unless you already had a reservation before the changes), but you can look around and go into the giftshop.

Oh, they do have some guidelines:
FB_IMG_1708120532863.jpg

The reviews are so bad for this reopening... which I'm guessing is partially the reason they implemented this change with non-guests.. but it still doesn't fix what a lot of guests are mentioning, such as rooms not being ready until hours after check-in, amenities missing from rooms, having to call multiple times to have things like towels brought up, etc.

I have it booked for April but at this price point, wondering if I'm better off switching to another resort while they work on whatever they need to work on. It's way too expensive for that noise. 😂

The reviews are so bad for this reopening... which I'm guessing is partially the reason they implemented this change with non-guests.. but it still doesn't fix what a lot of guests are mentioning, such as rooms not being ready until hours after check-in, amenities missing from rooms, having to call multiple times to have things like towels brought up, etc.

I have it booked for April but at this price point, wondering if I'm better off switching to another resort while they work on whatever they need to work on. It's way too expensive for that noise. 😂
Have the reviews gotten better? We have a castle club room, but at nearly 8k after taxes for just 3 nights, I’m not going to be pleased if it’s still a mess in July.

Have the reviews gotten better? We have a castle club room, but at nearly 8k after taxes for just 3 nights, I’m not going to be pleased if it’s still a mess in July.
What are your expectations for 8k and what do you value? If you care about whimsical Disney touches, but do not care if there is some chipped paint in your room, it is a different experience than when it is the other way around.

And of course keep in mind that the early reviews often come from very detail focused critics/fans. So how honest are those first reviews. I do think a lot of kinks are being taking care of.

To get your money's worth with Disneyland Hotel Castle Club, you do have to spend time in your room, use all the amenities, go to all the restaurants. And spend less time in the parks. Otherwise, I would really feel like I am just throwing money at Disney.

Me and my Disney buddy are contemplating to do one night in low season at the Disneyland hotel, when the standard rooms are about 500 euro per night, but we will treat it like a resort visit, not a park visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter