Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

It’s best to believe everyone is infected at the park and plan accordingly.

WDW CMs are upset because WDW HR is informing COVID-positive CMs to work as long as they aren’t sneezing, coughing, or have a fever. Disney doesn’t want to provide Paid Time Off for the full 10-14 days.

This text was sent by a current WDW entertainment CM:

“Also talked to HR today and the only symptoms they care about are coughing, sneezing and temp. So you can have Covid and as long as you don’t have these 3 symptoms, you can come to work.”

Hopefully, when DLR opens, they will follow more stringent guidelines.

WDW CMs are upset because WDW HR is informing COVID-positive CMs to work as long as they aren’t sneezing, coughing, or have a fever. Disney doesn’t want to provide Paid Time Off for the full 10-14 days.

“Also talked to HR today and the only symptoms they care about are coughing, sneezing and temp. So you can have Covid and as long as you don’t have these 3 symptoms, you can come to work.”

Well I certainly hope that something got lost in translation. Isn't there a mandatory quarantine by the state for a positive test ? But then again who knows in Florida !!

CDC guidelines for general public:
10 days since onset AND
24 hours no fevers AND
symptoms improved.

--they don't get past #1 criteria --
--for HealthCareWorkers - it's a different set of criteria; but somewhat surprised this is the rule.

That probably won't fly in CA, but Orange County CA is a different beast of county system.

Saw on various WDW blogs that some of the on-property hotel re-openings have been delayed until Fall. I imagine the demand just isn’t there to fly to Florida right now? 😬

Saw on various WDW blogs that some of the on-property hotel re-openings have been delayed until Fall. I imagine the demand just isn’t there to fly to Florida right now? 😬
I heard about that too. Those resorts are massive. It cost a lot of money to keep them running. If it saves money to keep them closed , then it's probably smart to.

Lots of international travel that's completely wiped out. Domestic is limited too with the FL surge is experiencing.

I'm sure once it tampers down, East coast will start visiting more again.

I bet there's so much pent up local demand for DLR anything that DLR offers will fill up quite readily.

Heck, we haven't visited Knotts in a decade and planning to go to Calico taste of in two weeks just to substitute for DLR.

I saw on the news this morning that FL announced there has been no increase in cases based on theme parks reopening. Sounds like all the precautions are paying off. Good news for other parks!

I'm really happy to hear this, but I wonder what they base this on. I can see that FLA seems to have less daily cases overall between July 11 and now. Are they extrapolating the overall reduction and assuming that because the overall cases dropped that means theme parks didn't affect the rates? What did they use to determine who had visited a theme park? Many people visit from out of state (or country) so would FLA even know if those people tested positive? These are all rhetorical questions, of course.

Under normal circumstances I would be just fine with this but these are not normal times. You have no idea who might have Covid so everyone should follow the same rules. Shame on Universal.
I went to the San Diego zoo on Saturday and there were a few people in line for the COVID check without masks. One was just in front of us and they let her go in without a mask. I asked why they are admitting people without masks, and I was told that the City of San Diego is making them if they claim ADA. They want to enforce it, but the city isn't letting them.

I went to the San Diego zoo on Saturday and there were a few people in line for the COVID check without masks. One was just in front of us and they let her go in without a mask. I asked why they are admitting people without masks, and I was told that the City of San Diego is making them if they claim ADA. They want to enforce it, but the city isn't letting them.
Oh man. I was actually debating on driving down to the zoo this weekend too. Maybe I'll rethink that....

Oh man. I was actually debating on driving down to the zoo this weekend too. Maybe I'll rethink that....
I would say that 90 to 95% of people were compliant. Most of those who were not, were just wearing their masks incorrectly. A small few didn't have one on at all. They are, of course, noticeable. I wish the City of San Diego didn't force the zoo to allow ADA exemptions. People take advantage of that.

I had a little trip down to San Diego in my mind for September since I cancelled my WDW trip. Just a way to get away for a few days to enjoy the zoo and the area down there. But if masks are not 100% required, that will not work for me. Sigh.

We went to the San Diego Wild Animal Park this last weekend and mask compliance was not enforced. We heard no announcements, saw lots of exposed noses, saw some people flat out bear faced, and saw no one corrected. Maybe 90% compliance overall, but it still made us uncomfortable.

Regarding Disneyland reopening, what's the consensus at this point? I have an early September trip scheduled that I'm HIGHLY tempted to reschedule for WDW this week if things don't look promising. I'm also looking at the long lines in DTD to get into stores, midweek, without any hotel guests...makes me wonder about how bad DTD will be once hotels and/or parks reopen.

... I'm also looking at the long lines in DTD to get into stores, midweek, without any hotel guests...makes me wonder about how bad DTD will be once hotels and/or parks reopen.
No help here with guesses on the parks reopening, but the last time we went to DTD was on a weekday evening and there were no/short lines. The lines did get longer as it got closer to closing time, but earlier in the evening, things were not that crowded. We had a very short line for Marceline's and walked right into WOD. Remember that not everything in DTD is open right now, so the places that are open can have lines. And the lines may look long, but when there have to be spaces of 6' between each party, that can make any line look very long.

Regarding Disneyland reopening, what's the consensus at this point? I have an early September trip scheduled that I'm HIGHLY tempted to reschedule for WDW this week if things don't look promising.

I’d imagine if the parks opening in September is a go, we’d hear something by mid-August. Everytime I turn on the news they make it sound like the sky is falling out in CA with the amount of cases which makes me think Newsom won’t be allowing it just yet. I haven’t been following OCs cases much anymore tho, I kinda gave up and pushed our trip out... again.

If I were more comfortable with it, Id switch to WDW. Looks like inside the parks the experience (and safety!) has been going well. So that’s up to you!

I’d imagine if the parks opening in September is a go, we’d hear something by mid-August. Everytime I turn on the news they make it sound like the sky is falling out in CA with the amount of cases which makes me think Newsom won’t be allowing it just yet. I haven’t been following OCs cases much anymore tho, I kinda gave up and pushed our trip out... again.

If I were more comfortable with it, Id switch to WDW. Looks like inside the parks the experience (and safety!) has been going well. So that’s up to you!
The cases are beginning to plateau so there are some good signs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter