Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

I’m wondering how close DL will mirror what Shanghai is implementing. We have a trip booked for mid-July and it will be my kid‘s (3 & 5.5 yrs) first time there. While I don’t necessarily mind having to social distance from the characters, wearing a mask, etc. I just think it would be too restricted of a first time Disney experience for the kiddos. We are still holding on to our booked vacation package at the moment to 1) see if they actually do open by mid-July and 2) to see what kind of restrictions in place but I have a feeling we’ll end up cancelling even if they are open due to a more limited experience.

I defiantly think the masks, the no contact characters, the table spacing, the taped space on the ground will be in Disneyland. Also things like paper menus and contactless payment will be recommended

Some of the procedures in Shanghai are Government mandated, such as the QR Code. I'm guessing these are things that Bob Chapek was referring to when he said that what happens in Shanghai may not happen in USA. However I do think that hotel guests and possibly those with restaurant reservations may be a way of limiting capacity, and that AP holders in all levels , not just Flex will have to reserve a day.

There are so many better (and more convenient) areas to dine that Downtown Disney would be a ghost town if it were not for parks and hotels serving a relatively captive audience.

The offerings there just aren't enough to entice me to go, but they're just good enough that I'm not trying to leave if I'm a GCH/DLH guest.

I mean... maybe Salt and Straw? Earl of Sandwich?

I don't know. We live 15 minutes away and some of our favorite restaurants are at DtD, and we live in a city with a HUGE number of varied restaurants. We really love Naples, Catal, Ballast Point, and Uva Bar, in particular. EoS is a favorite for a quick lunch. We go frequently.

I don't know. We live 15 minutes away and some of our favorite restaurants are at DtD, and we live in a city with a HUGE number of varied restaurants. We really love Naples, Catal, Ballast Point, and Uva Bar, in particular. EoS is a favorite for a quick lunch. We go frequently.

ah I sort of forgot about those, haha. I think part of it...I just don’t want to clear security to eat (once dine in opens). I lived in Irvine, so my options would be.... Irvine Spectrum? Fashion Island? Anaheim Packing House?

Now that I think about it, a DtD devoid of park guests sounds like a good time...just doesn’t sound like a profitable time given the rent there.

and that AP holders in all levels , not just Flex will have to reserve a day.

What’s the equitable solution to those who have existing Premiere, Deluxe, and SoCal passes? If I paid $500 for a so cal pass intending to go on weekdays (for example) and now you throw in “reservations required” I’m going to be a bit mad.

the fine print says admission not guaranteed, but historically DLR compensated for changes (or outright closures like this). That’s my $64,000 question.

ah I sort of forgot about those, haha. I think part of it...I just don’t want to clear security to eat (once dine in opens). I lived in Irvine, so my options would be.... Irvine Spectrum? Fashion Island? Anaheim Packing House?

Now that I think about it, a DtD devoid of park guests sounds like a good time...just doesn’t sound like a profitable time given the rent there.

I live in Irvine and there are plenty of restaurants outside those three areas you mentioned. Anaheim packing house is not convenient at all. We hardly go to either Spectrum or Fashion Island to eat. We eat at places elsewhere in the city.

What’s the equitable solution to those who have existing Premiere, Deluxe, and SoCal passes? If I paid $500 for a so cal pass intending to go on weekdays (for example) and now you throw in “reservations required” I’m going to be a bit mad.

the fine print says admission not guaranteed, but historically DLR compensated for changes (or outright closures like this). That’s my $64,000 question.

They might do something like reservations open to AP holders first and then whats left go to non AP holders. California is very different to WDW, so they can't just limit to those with hotel reservations

It gets a lot of local traffic. All you have to do is look at how full the parking lot gets. We go all the time without visiting the parks. If they opened DtD, it would be packed with locals, IF they relax the parking fee situation. If they announced DtD open with FREE parking, it will get quite crowded with locals. People are dying to go ANYWHERE.
I agree with this. The local Disneyland Vloggers all met up at Knots Berry Farm that had opened up one of their restaurants for take out only. They all were soo excited just to be in the park and able to do a little shopping - they had the market open as well as the restaurant. And I got excited just watching them them do a little shopping and eating take out!

If Disneyland is still closed when I take my San Diego Trip in September. I'll still spend the day in down town Disney. I drive from SF bay area so I like breaking up the 10 hour drive with trips to Disneyland on either end. Just to walk through downtown Disney and hear the music would help!

We have until June 30th (currently - although they might extend again) to refund the points for our flights without penalty, and full payment on the package itself is not due to July 10th or so. I just hope we have a clearer picture before that time so we can make a call one way or another for August.

I'm sure all the AP holders would like an indication at some point where the summer is going too...

We live in Maryland, and have been even slower than California opening things back up, so I get it. Right now we haven't even got to our phase 1, but they did start allowing elective surgeries, and certain recreational sports to resume yesterday (golf, fishing, hunting, boating, tennis). Anyways, I digress...
San Francisco Bay Area (6 counties) is still in a pretty tight lock down. They just allowed some other stores/activities you stated above to open this past Monday. Our beaches are still closed unless you live within 5 miles and non essential stores are not allowed to open for pickup. I'm finishing up my 8th week of Shelter in Place. As much as I believe this is all necessary I'm ready to put my toes in the ocean!

I heard that Orange County is one of the counties in CA moving forward with opening.

What’s the equitable solution to those who have existing Premiere, Deluxe, and SoCal passes? If I paid $500 for a so cal pass intending to go on weekdays (for example) and now you throw in “reservations required” I’m going to be a bit mad
I totally get where you are coming from @mentos.

They might do something like reservations open to AP holders first and then whats left go to non AP holders. California is very different to WDW, so they can't just limit to those with hotel reservations
I really think Disney will be in the proverbial between a rock and a hard place spot with this. If they did open up rezzies to AP holders first then they are alienating all of the visiting tourists (the category our family fits into) and if they open it up to tourists first then you are potentially ticking off the AP holders. Either way you are likely going to have some unhappy people.

Looks like Sea World, Legoland, SD Zoo are making plans (no dates of course) also in conjunction with the San Diego Tourism Authority.

I could not post the links but it mentioned trying To have theme parks open in phase 3 versus 4.

Overall it appears the local counties, authorities are trying to help a little.

To be clear, I do NOT want to start a ‘mask or no mask’ debate here (I am so over hearing about that fight) but I’m curious how they will navigate eating/drinking with masks if that is a requirement. A lot of folks said they won’t go if masks are a thing but I would so I’ve been wondering the specifics..

Churros are our power walk food! 😂

Has anyone heard what other places might have done with this? Like remove them for eating and put them back on? Designated areas maybe? Wonder what Shanghai will do...

To be clear, I do NOT want to start a ‘mask or no mask’ debate here (I am so over hearing about that fight) but I’m curious how they will navigate eating/drinking with masks if that is a requirement. A lot of folks said they won’t go if masks are a thing but I would so I’ve been wondering the specifics..

Churros are our power walk food! 😂

Has anyone heard what other places might have done with this? Like remove them for eating and put them back on? Designated areas maybe? Wonder what Shanghai will do...

i like to have a bottle of water at all times when outside walking in places like Disney so that I don’t get dehydrated. It’s going to be tough to stay hydrated if I have to keep the mask on until I find a spot where it’s okay.

Not DL related, but apparently WDW is no longer allowing people to book hotels until July 1st, just like DL. Their site hasn't changed yet, but multiple sources reported it, and travel agents were told of the change.

So now, who knows when either park will open! :O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter