Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

If the criteria is "YELLOW" tier for any reopenings, all of this talk is moot. No county in CA with a theme park will be in "Yellow" tier for months, if ever, before a vaccine.
My guess is Disneyland will open early November with no "dumb" travel restrictions. The logistics of checking everyone's ID or whatever would be crazy and probably fraught with people trying to "cheat" and, possible lawsuits from parks and maybe potential guests could happen. I don't think Disney or other parks want to be a part of that sort of thing. You know what I wonder is if the rumor from yesterday may have just been something that a person in a meeting just threw out there as a possible idea and the idea was noted but shot down. If any of you have been in meetings before you know some crazy ideas can be given out. Anyhooo, I hope that made sense.:tongue:

In a weird way I am offended! Not seriously, just feeling unwanted! 😬I live in a neighboring state that MANY Californians visit, and actually as an individual utilize very safe practices to keep myself as healthy and “Virus free” for my employment, family AND upcoming trips to Disneyland. As an “out of state“ AP holder with trips planned in October and December, I am heartbroken by the rumors.
I hear you. We are in a nearby state and our National Parks are flooded with many visitors in and out of state. It doesn't seem right to have a restriction like this. Just use the Park Reservation system that WDW has and start at a very low capacity. We have tickets purchased in Feb. and would really like to use them! They have a January 2021 expiration date and we bought them from Undercover Tourist. Does anyone know if the expiration date will be extended or can we get a refund? They also have MaxPass which I'm hoping we can get a refund for if we can't use MaxPass when they open.

My guess is Disneyland will open early November with no "dumb" travel restrictions. The logistics of checking everyone's ID or whatever would be crazy and probably fraught with people trying to "cheat" and, possible lawsuits from parks and maybe potential guests could happen. I don't think Disney or other parks want to be a part of that sort of thing. You know what I wonder is if the rumor from yesterday may have just been something that a person in a meeting just threw out there as a possible idea and the idea was noted but shot down. If any of you have been in meetings before you know some crazy ideas can be given out. Anyhooo, I hope that made sense.:tongue:
From your mouth to god's ears! Lol brightside: we will have confirmation by tomorrow night

I'm working right now and I have this page open in a hidden browser that I just keep refreshing. Like guidelines! Where! When! Now? NOW?

Breatheeeeeee.
I'm a stay at home mom and I just keep opening up the site. I need to get some work done around here. I do something then I come back. I do something then I come back. I have MAJOR butterflies right now.:butterfly:butterfly:butterfly:butterfly:butterfly:butterfly:butterfly:butterfly:butterfly:butterfly

Wowsers! This thread really got away from me! I checked it yesterday morning, come back now and had to go through, like 8 pages of updates!

The distance requirement would be interesting considering there is no distance requirement for anything else. Movie theatres, mini-golf, zoos, museums, etc are open where I am, no distance limit. Although they aren't the 'mass gathering' places that DL would be. To me it would make more sense to say that to visit a 'mass gathering' place you must live in a county that equals or betters the county the venue is in. 🤷🏼‍♀️

The distance requirement would be interesting considering there is no distance requirement for anything else. Movie theatres, mini-golf, zoos, museums, etc are open where I am, no distance limit.

While that's true, people are not traveling from all over the country / world to go to a movie theatre or play mini golf in Anaheim

While that's true, people are not traveling from all over the country / world to go to a movie theatre or play mini golf in Anaheim
I'm guessing their would need to be a major legal reason for them to be able to put distance restrictions on.

I hear you. We are in a nearby state and our National Parks are flooded with many visitors in and out of state. It doesn't seem right to have a restriction like this. Just use the Park Reservation system that WDW has and start at a very low capacity. We have tickets purchased in Feb. and would really like to use them! They have a January 2021 expiration date and we bought them from Undercover Tourist. Does anyone know if the expiration date will be extended or can we get a refund? They also have MaxPass which I'm hoping we can get a refund for if we can't use MaxPass when they open.
Others have reported they were able to get a refund from UCT minus a 5% restocking fee, although it took an extended amount of time. Expiration extensions and what becomes of maxpass are still unknown.

I nabbed this from an LA Times article. If it is true that the initial direction was not to open theme parks until herd immunity was established, then opening in yellow could be viewed by the state as a compromise or "lenient". As an aside, I've also read articles suggesting that true heard immunity/weakening virus and a return to "2019-back-to-normal" is not likely until 2024 or 2025, even with a vaccine. So there's that.

"State public health officials have been meeting with amusement park representatives since the outbreak first began, with recent talks focused on the complex natures of those attractions, which have drawn millions of visitors annually.

Ghaly noted that initially, Disneyland and other parks were not expected to open until the final stage of the pandemic recovery, when herd immunity was established.

'When you think about an amusement park, there’s components that are indoor and outdoor and there’s different things, like there’s water rides,” Ghaly said Wednesday. “People usually come to the parks for weekends or weeks. It’s a family event. You’re in hotels and restaurants. If you keep your guard up while you’re in the park, you may take your guard down when it comes to transmission in all these related activities.'"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter