Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Do you remember what time the guidelines were added for the playground? Maybe they will quietly update the theme park guidance at the same time?

It was either early this morning or late last night. My city councilmember posted about it on FB at 8am today. My city and county posted about it several hours later.

They won't say anything about theme park guidelines.

They will just post randomly one morning.

Why.. then He has to answer why and believe be the press will smell blood and go after him.. I don't see him and Josh hugging it out. Newsom wants this off his plate.

His people release it with a prepared statement saying how happy he is to be able to give back to the community yada, yada, yada. They say it now up to Disney and how people respond to keep to Covid, effectively washing his hands of it.

Tomorrow is another day....

Reminder for everyone participating in this thread: Please remember that there is a difference between posting facts/news updates about politics and politicians vs. posting opinions/preaching/ranting/venting/complaining/etc. about those same politics and politicians. Political posts will be deleted. Also, please don't feed the trolls -- plain and simple. This thread is for discussion, not endless argument. Don't fall for the game. Using the Ignore button is an option.
And no matter what the near future holds for DLR, let's keep the CMs in our thoughts. This is not an easy time for them.
Now, back to the discussion!

Why.. then He has to answer why and believe be the press will smell blood and go after him.. I don't see him and Josh hugging it out. Newsom wants this off his plate.

His people release it with a prepared statement saying how happy he is to be able to give back to the community yada, yada, yada. They say it now up to Disney and how people respond to keep to Covid, effectively washing his hands of it.

Tomorrow is another day....

So consensus seems to be around a silent update vs an inappropriate press conference, do you think that will come this week (Wednesday/Thursday) or they’ll dump it on Friday ahead of the weekend?

Part of me thinks, given current national distractions from this evening (presidential debate), makes sense to drop it tomorrow AM. Less press/less publicity...better for gov, better for DL, and we get our November opening date!

I’ll go to sleep with that happy idea

Went down the twitter and internet rabbit hole and found the statement from the Union that represents the DL CM's. 950 CM's from DL within this union will be laid off by Nov. 1 :sad:
http://www.unitehere11.org/news/disneylayoffs
So a tiny fraction of the 28,000 being blamed on Disneyland not being open. Other than maybe losing health insurance (which PT CM’s likely didn’t have) how is their being laid off any different than their currently being furloughed?

So a tiny fraction of the 28,000 being blamed on Disneyland not being open. Other than maybe losing health insurance (which PT CM’s likely didn’t have) how is their being laid off any different than their currently being furloughed?
With furlough the employee keeps their benefits such as healthcare. So with a lay-off that goes away. Yes it’s a small fraction of the 28,000 but still very sad 😔

Went down the twitter and internet rabbit hole and found the statement from the Union that represents the DL CM's. 950 CM's from DL within this union will be laid off by Nov. 1 :sad:
http://www.unitehere11.org/news/disneylayoffs
Not sure if it is the same for all unions, but the ones I know usually require a 30 day notice to employees when a change in employment/schedule is on the way. That date fits with yesterday's announcement.

With furlough the employee keeps their benefits such as healthcare. So with a lay-off that goes away. Yes it’s a small fraction of the 28,000 but still very sad 😔
But most PT employees don’t have health care & benefits (don’t know about Disney, specifically). So really nothing’s changed.

Glad I’m not the only one who checked too lol

Teamwork makes the dream work, lol.

But I did notice the playground guidelines were dated 9/28, but were really made public 9/29. I even went so far as to deleting “playground guidelines”(or something) from the PDF title and replacing it with “theme parks.”

Sadly nothing, either. Keep looking!

That is just one of 12 unions representing DL employees. There are also plenty of non union employees. The impact at DLR will be far more than 950 layoffs.

They also lose seniority. I have many CM friends and many have taken to re-posting this in response to the layoffs. I have removed the name of the original CM.

CM Letter 2.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter