Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Unfortunately, or fortunately, the required proof of residency will be required at the gate. One thing I am not looking forward to-in the event of this restriction going through- are the lines for that to get into the park. Social distance or not it's going to be quite a wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't Legoland "open" in some form for guests? Places have been able to operate by going for the food and retail guidelines. I think the distance limitation would apply if a place decides to add rides.
Just the outdoor model portion. If you buy something at the store you can walk around there.

This rumor has taken the wind out of my sails. We will be heartbroken if Disneyland reopens after all these cancelled trips and we aren’t allowed in. At this point, I just feel like a sad deflated balloon.

No ID/no entry, this is what will happen at esplanade:

okay hope that made you laugh-cry a little :shamrock:

i‘d put my money on a locals restriction being very temporary/short...

Last edited by a moderator:

Reminder to everyone participating in this thread: Please do not post about how to get around Disney's rules and regulations. The DIS Boards does not support that in any way. If you promote skirting or breaking Disney's rules, your post will be deleted.
For those who are keeping this discussion going with as much good humor as the ongoing stress will allow, thank you!
Now, let's get back to the nail biting...

[quo
Reminder to everyone participating in this thread: Please do not post about how to get around Disney's rules and regulations. The DIS Boards does not support that in any way. If you promote skirting or breaking Disney's rules, your post will be deleted.
For those who are keeping this discussion going with as much good humor as the ongoing stress will allow, thank you!
Now, let's get back to the nail biting...

so to clarify, does this include discussing circumventing theories that are posted by people on Twitter unaffiliated with Disney? Or just official/published Disney policy?

[quo

so to clarify, does this include discussing circumventing theories that are posted by people on Twitter unaffiliated with Disney? Or just official/published Disney policy?
The policy is pretty simple: do not post about how to get around/circumvent/cheat/break/etc. Disney's official rules and regulations here, no matter where you found the information. The DIS does not condone or support any violation of Disney policy.
If you are not sure whether your post will be allowed, check with a mod first, just to be safe.

This rumor has taken the wind out of my sails. We will be heartbroken if Disneyland reopens after all these cancelled trips and we aren’t allowed in. At this point, I just feel like a sad deflated balloon.
In a weird way I am offended! Not seriously, just feeling unwanted! 😬I live in a neighboring state that MANY Californians visit, and actually as an individual utilize very safe practices to keep myself as healthy and “Virus free” for my employment, family AND upcoming trips to Disneyland. As an “out of state“ AP holder with trips planned in October and December, I am heartbroken by the rumors.

If the distance rumor is true my son will gutted.

I understand what the governor might be trying to accomplish with such a thing but let’s be honest. He’s not preventing people from going anywhere else in California, nor is hepreventing Californians from visiting other states and returning... so what is it really going to do?

I understand what the governor might be trying to accomplish with such a thing but let’s be honest. He’s not preventing people from going anywhere else in California, nor is hepreventing Californians from visiting other states and returning... so what is it really going to do?
Yeah if that rumor is true that will suck..This was to be our surprise trip for our kiddos for Christmas.

This was exactly what I was thinking. I live in Southern Utah and our community has been flooded with Californians ALL summer. National parks full, state parks full, every cranny of forest service land full. Seems ridiculous to try to implement a travel ban now.

Didn't Legoland "open" in some form for guests? Places have been able to operate by going for the food and retail guidelines. I think the distance limitation would apply if a place decides to add rides.
The hotels, Miniland, and the aquarium are open, but it’s hard to justify a flight out there for just that. Plus my kid would be so sad to walk through Legoland and not ride the Technic or whatever that roller coaster is called.

The distance thing doesn't make much sense for me as (even though I'm not from California) everything I've read is that they are going out of their state on a routine basis and there are no travel bans in place. So in theory they could fly to WDW and back and that's okay????

What I'm nervous about is if the distance thing is true, I'll cancel my hotel and flights and then it will be changed due to outcry.
I am not cancelling until I see this and gain further clarification. I wonder if this will be talking points and perhaps that gets negotiated away. I cannot see any theme park being okay with just locals especially the hotels that service those theme parks.

Has anyone had luck on getting a refund through Disneyland on park tickets that were bought 3rd party with reward points?

with the rumoured residency requirements we won’t be able to travel now and will have to cancel.

id like to try and get a Disney gift card for the value of my tickets so that I could use it towards disneyworld. Think this is possible?

Has anyone had luck on getting a refund through Disneyland on park tickets that were bought 3rd party with reward points?

with the rumoured residency requirements we won’t be able to travel now and will have to cancel.

id like to try and get a Disney gift card for the value of my tickets so that I could use it towards disneyworld. Think this is possible?
Why are you so certain about the rumored distance restrictions? Nothing has been said officially about that -- as you said, it is just a rumor right now. Have you tried contacting Disney to ask about your issue? The wait times on the phone have been much shorter lately.

I think regardless of how they do it, everyone needs to be prepared that since there will be pretty strong capacity restrictions a lot of people will not be getting in. I think having an on-site hotel reservation is your best bet right now. Otherwise it is going to come down to a lottery at best or fighting good old Disney IT to secure a reservation on their website.

I live 26 miles away so would be fine with using residency if they did. However, I am in the dreaded LA County so they might not want us! I think they are probably trying to figure out a creative way to do this and the residency concept came up and got leaked before anything was final.

As in much decision making related to the pandemic, many won’t be happy no matter what.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter