Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Got it. All these rules are confusing. Lol

I second this! They had already modified the county tiers. Now we are basically scrapping that and going to regions? Will they re-introduce the county tiers after this as a re-opening plan?

And then throw in literally "pages" of exemptions. And I still have no clue what this would mean for DLR. If restaurants switch to takeout only and retail drops to 20% capacity, I think they could keep it going, right? Although doesn't sound like a great time unless you just want some ambiance.

Is there a chart listing where each region falls as far as this metric? I couldn't watch the press conference.
It says the state released a map with projections. But I haven't seen it yet. It will popup soon, I'm sure.

The state released a map of five regions and their current ICU capacity, as well as projected dates when regions will fall below the 15 percent threshold. The regions are:
  • Northern California: Del Norte, Glenn, Humboldt, Lake, Lassen, Mendocino, Modoc, Shasta, Siskiyou, Tehama, Trinity
  • Bay Area: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Monterey, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma
  • Greater Sacramento: Alpine, Amador, Butte, Colusa, El Dorado, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, Sierra, Sutter, Yolo, Yuba
  • San Joaquin Valley: Calaveras, Fresno, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, San Benito, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Tulare, Tuolumne
  • Southern California: Imperial, Inyo, Los Angeles, Mono, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura

I second this! They had already modified the county tiers. Now we are basically scrapping that and going to regions? Will they re-introduce the county tiers after this as a re-opening plan?

And then throw in literally "pages" of exemptions. And I still have no clue what this would mean for DLR. If restaurants switch to takeout only and retail drops to 20% capacity, I think they could keep it going, right? Although doesn't sound like a great time unless you just want some ambiance.

I think the county tiers are still in effect, but there's nothing higher than purple tier in that system. This regional thing basically calls for stay-at-home orders, basically you can think of it as a tier worse than purple

I give until tomorrow or saturday

It won't happen that fast. It is based on ICU availability which doesn't drastically change day to day. In OC, for example, we are predicted to run out of ICU beds on Dec 18 IF no surge capacity is added, and they are adding it around the entire state.

The entire region needs to dip under 15% of available ICU beds. That has not happened at any time during the pandemic, even when we had more daily cases and hospitalizations back in July.

https://www.politico.com/states/cal...california-based-on-hospital-capacity-1340904That's the best I could find. Nothing is locked down YET, but if you are thinking of getting a haircut, I'd do that now.
Lol I just made a nail appointment for this evening.

I saw a picture on Twitter but couldn’t find it. I saw that Southern California region is LA, Ventura, Santa Barbara, Inyo, San Bernardino, Orange, imperial, riverside, San Diego...I could be missing some though.

Maybe they can do to-go? That’s technically what they are doing now minus Carthay and the other restaurants

Here is the visual map. And I continue to read these similar quotes, but I didn't hear it myself and I can't stand to re-watch the video.

"Newsom said the expectation is that the Bay Area will reach that threshold in mid- to late December, and the four other regions in early December, probably this week. "

"None of the regions met the threshold for the new rules as of Thursday afternoon. However, Newsom noted that all regions but the Bay Area are likely to meet the stay-at-home order threshold within a day or two."

Also note once the threshold is met, they have 48 hours to implement. Based on previous actions they have taken, and IF the above quotes are accurate, it sure seems they could announce triggers this weekend, to be implemented Monday/Tuesday time frame for at least some areas.

https://www.timesheraldonline.com/2...a-regions-for-coronavirus-stay-at-home-order/

The problem is where would people eat the food if they shut down outdoor dining?
Their hotel room? But if it hits this, it seems like he said hotels would only be for critical travel/workers. So.... that’s out too. It doesn’t sound too good for DTD. The shopping could stay open but if there’s no eating in any meaningful way, it seems unlikely since it’s much more of a specialized destination than your typical outdoor mall.

Hi everyone,

Weighing in again regarding political posts.

What's allowed:

If it's important to cite the source of the information you are sharing, then it's okay to refer to political figures.

What's not allowed:

We are not to use these forums to further our political agendas or share our opinions about political procedures or figures. If we see posts that are political they will be deleted.

Thank you in advance for working with us on this. I appreciate it.

LA County (except Pasadena) already is shut down. It is bleak - 2nd Street in Long Beach is usually tough to find a parking space - now a total ghost town. Food has to be to-go, as in take it home, not just outside. I don't see how DtD could remain open.

Hang in there CA folks- this all sounds so tough. My county (I’m in CO) has recently added quite a few restrictions but nothing quite to the extent happening there.

I cannot wait until the day comes when Disneyland can finally open. Hard to believe just two months ago how hopeful we were for reopening news and now it looks like Downtown Disney cannot even be open. 😓

Hang in there CA folks- this all sounds so tough. My county (I’m in CO) has recently added quite a few restrictions but nothing quite to the extent happening there.

I cannot wait until the day comes when Disneyland can finally open. Hard to believe just two months ago how hopeful we were for reopening news and now it looks like Downtown Disney cannot even be open. 😓

Newsom said, and I quote, "this will be the last shutdown."

He better not be yanking our chains.

[Mod edit: Deleted comment about COVID vaccine in CA]

I hope you are right, but the first batch he talked about today would only vaccinate 0.5% of the population. Every little bit helps, but that really is just a little bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
[Mod edit: Deleted post about the new CA Regional Stay At Home Order metrics]

What's my region's ICU capacity
Here is the current status of ICU capacity for each of the five regions, according to the California Department of Public Health:
Northern California: 18.6% ICU capacity
  • The order is not in effect.
  • The region includes these counties: Del Norte, Glenn, Humboldt, Lake, Lassen, Mendocino, Modoc, Shasta, Siskiyou, Tehama, Trinity
Bay Area: 25.4% ICU capacity
  • The region includes these counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Monterey, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma
Greater Sacramento: 22% ICU capacity
  • The region includes these counties: Alpine, Amador, Butte, Colusa, El Dorado, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, Sierra, Sutter, Yolo, Yuba
San Joaquin Valley: 19.7% ICU capacity
  • The region includes these counties: Calaveras, Fresno, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, San Benito, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Tulare, Tuolumne
Southern California: 20.6% ICU capacity
  • The region includes these counties: Imperial, Inyo, Los Angeles, Mono, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura
https://www.desertsun.com/story/new...ifornias-stay-home-order-covid-19/3779962001/

[Mod edit: Deleted comment referring to the CA governor and the COVID vaccine]

It's still a bold claim to make. He really doesn't know. A few weeks ago, he claimed that his tier system was "working as expected." We have all seen how that turned out.

A few weeks ago, we all thought Orange County would be in the Orange tier by now. Nothing about this situation has been predictable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter