Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Interesting. So I guess "outdoor dining" is still allowed as long as that just means you bring your own food to a table and bus it yourself when you are done. That might actually make Disney consider opening more QS restaurants in DCA and opening up more sections of the park for dining and shopping. Would allow them to increase capacity as a whole and spread out demand in the shops if they open more.
Slightly off topic, would Knotts still be able to operate then? I’m worried about my Merry Farm ticket...technically it’s takeout..

Interesting. So I guess "outdoor dining" is still allowed as long as that just means you bring your own food to a table and bus it yourself when you are done. That might actually make Disney consider opening more QS restaurants in DCA and opening up more sections of the park for dining and shopping. Would allow them to increase capacity as a whole and spread out demand in the shops if they open more.
Which seems kind of nutty. I'd rather have Disney busing tables and disinfecting between parties.

DH and I live in Winter Garden Fl, which is practical in Mickey's backyard. We are AP holders, and just spent yesterday at Epcot for the Festival of the holidays. Snacking around the world showcase.. We have been to Disneyland and loved it.. Total Disney Nerds...

I have a milestone birthday next year, and I would like to take a family trip. Sharing this trip would be DH and myself, our DD, SIL and little Grandson who would be 6 at the time of the trip.

We would of course get the vaccine and have no problem carrying a card and showing it to prove our vaccination.

I am really just wondering if even thinking about putting Disneyland and San Diego Zoo, on the list is even realistic?

As well we know several CM here, and alot of them think that Disneyland may never re-open, that it would be easier, and more cost effective to dismantle the park, and move and distribute it between the current parks... possible even another location to set up another park... ? of course is all just talk, and peoples opinions or thoughts whirling about... yet it makes you wonder what will happen...?

So my question is should we put Disneyland on the table or take it off ?

Thanks...

There‘s no way they will dismantle the park. This will pass. I do have a DVC reservation for July, I‘m going to move it to early December when my 11 month window hits. I originally booked it on rumors D23 would be in July, that has been pushed to September 2022. I have points to use for 2021, so a Christmas time trip sounds good, more likely to be open.

Maybe they will still clean but have maybe the custodian do it so it seems part of a typical cleaning protocol rather than a server do it?

Yeah, that is who is cleaning all those tables now. Custodial. I think the ban on outdoor dining means table service. They want to eliminate face to face interactions and the types of meals where people gather and linger.

There‘s no way they will dismantle the park. This will pass. I do have a DVC reservation for July, I‘m going to move it to early December when my 11 month window hits. I originally booked it on rumors D23 would be in July, that has been pushed to September 2022. I have points to use for 2021, so a Christmas time trip sounds good, more likely to be open.

I second this.

The historical significance alone of DL is enough to ensure that it will stay put. Sentiment and nostalgia aside though, while it is hemorrhaging money right now, it’s normally quite profitable and a return to normalcy after getting the pandemic under control will return that profit too. Disney knows it has an army of AP holders and repeat guests chomping at the bit to resume our visits.

I expect DL to reopen in 2021, but I’m not 100% sure we’ll have an experience that resembles normal operations till 2022.

DH and I live in Winter Garden Fl, which is practical in Mickey's backyard. We are AP holders, and just spent yesterday at Epcot for the Festival of the holidays. Snacking around the world showcase.. We have been to Disneyland and loved it.. Total Disney Nerds...

I have a milestone birthday next year, and I would like to take a family trip. Sharing this trip would be DH and myself, our DD, SIL and little Grandson who would be 6 at the time of the trip.

We would of course get the vaccine and have no problem carrying a card and showing it to prove our vaccination.

I am really just wondering if even thinking about putting Disneyland and San Diego Zoo, on the list is even realistic?

As well we know several CM here, and alot of them think that Disneyland may never re-open, that it would be easier, and more cost effective to dismantle the park, and move and distribute it between the current parks... possible even another location to set up another park... ? of course is all just talk, and peoples opinions or thoughts whirling about... yet it makes you wonder what will happen...?

Thanks...
It would absolutely cost billions of dollars to move or redistribute Disneyland. This idea has no basis in reality and will not happen lmao

Thanks...

When are you thinking about going? I think anything early in the year will be dicey, but second half of the year is realistic IMO. The later you can make the trip, the more likely DL will be open.

Disneyland site says all restaurants that cannot provide take out will close. Retail will remain open.

ETA: All Disney operated dining establishments will close. Third party take out dining can remain open, but no one can consume the food on property. So, really what is the point? I'm guessing most places will close. Maybe Earl will stay open.

Last edited:
Disneyland site says all restaurants that cannot provide take out will close. Retail will remain open.

ETA: All Disney operated dining establishments will close. Third party take out dining can remain open, but no one can consume the food on property. So, really what is the point? I'm guessing most places will close. Maybe Earl will stay open.
Can Naples, uva bar, tortilla Joe’s, and Ralph Brennan’s stay open or are those Disney owned?

Can Naples, uva bar, tortilla Joe’s, and Ralph Brennan’s stay open or are those Disney owned?

None are Disney owned, but with the exception of Ralph Brennan Express and the Taqueria at Tortilla Jo's, the rest don't do take out. I expect those to all completely close. It won't be worth the expense to stay open.

I really don't think this order prohibits actually sitting down somewhere and eating food outdoors, so it seems Disney is taking it a step further than they need to.

Like, I don't imagine the spirit of this order is to prevent someone from buying a pretzel at Wetzels and then sit down on a bench somewhere to eat it. Or an ice cream cone from Salt & Straw. But it seems that is how Disney interpreted it.

I really don't think this order prohibits actually sitting down somewhere and eating food outdoors, so it seems Disney is taking it a step further than they need to.
I saw a news report earlier that downtown Manhattan beach changed their outdoor seating to "public" seating. Public seating is still allowed. So people can purchase takeout food and sit down on their own. Anyone can sit there, even non-customers. I'm not sure if Disney can get away with that since they are private property.

I saw a news report earlier that downtown Manhattan beach changed their outdoor seating to "public" seating. Public seating is still allowed. So people can purchase takeout food and sit down on their own. Anyone can sit there, even non-customers. I'm not sure if Disney can get away with that since they are private property.
As of yesterday morning none of the outdoor dining platforms that were put up had tables/chairs on them. But in MB these are for seating only, reading the official press release masks must remain on.
http://nixle.us/CCYRW

I imagine the only places that will likely offer takeout if they stay open will be Starbucks, wetzels, salt & straw, Black Tap, earl of sandwich, and possible Naples as they have offered takeaway with napolini pre covid.

I imagine the only places that will likely offer takeout if they stay open will be Starbucks, wetzels, salt & straw, Black Tap, earl of sandwich, and possible Naples as they have offered takeaway with napolini pre covid.
La Brea could keep the Express side open with take-out sandwiches, salads, pastries, etc. They did that pre-COVID. Maybe Jazz Kitchen Express side only. The dim sum kiosk might stay open if everything is packed to go. Salt & Straw said that the pints can keep without a freezer bag for about a 40 minute ride (obviously longer if you bring a freezer bag) if they go right into the freezer when you get home.

This might be more work than it's worth, but do you think Disney would set up a curbside pickup for dining?
I think they would consider it if they thought it would really be profitable enough. Wasn't there a survey not that long ago about delivery for certain popular DL food items?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter