Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Now that’s a scenic place to get your vaccine! I wonder where they’ll do this? In the hotels I imagine?

Definitely not. They need to do these in places that can handle a large influx of traffic. My guess is the Toy Story lot. It is set up with lanes and parking spots. The structure would be problematic. I believe the goal is to allow people to stay in their cars to get the vaccine, then park and wait for 15 minutes before leaving.

I was having fun pretend imagining vaccines with a castle backdrop. 😂 The way CO is doing vaccines isn’t using drive thrus (at least in my area) so that’s why my mind didn’t just go there. When my mom (74) receives hers she’s been told she’ll have to wait 30 minutes in the clinic to assess any allergies before she leaves.

In all seriousness, that’s great they’re doing this.

A bit of a different direction but I’m nervous about what might get cut at Disneyland after seeing so much go under the chopping block over at WDW so quickly... not all just for safety but for purely budgetary reasons.
Same. DME doesn't exist at DL, so don't have to worry about that. But I do wonder about things like magic morning, live shows, parkhopping, etc.

Now that’s a scenic place to get your vaccine! I wonder where they’ll do this? In the hotels I imagine?
Almost certainly in parking lots. Probably Toy Story, maybe Mickey & Friends. They will do as MUCH of this as possible via drive thru (understanding that not everyone can drive through so there will be other options).

I got my first vaccine today (healthcare provider) at a Northern California drive through site at our local event center/fairground. It was the first afternoon of distribution of this site. I got my appointment this morning and color me extremely impressed with the detail put into planning. There was an orderly switchback lane of cars up to the check in station. Then you were guided to one of 13 vaccination stations where they first filled out and gave you the card, then pulled forward and were given the vaccine and your release time was written on a plastic card put on the windshield. Then cars were routed to an organized holding area for the 15min observation time with EMS and other folks available if needed. Once the time was reached, your car was released. Toy Story would work perfectly for this type of set up. M&F would be more complicated but could still be done, I'd think.

Same. DME doesn't exist at DL, so don't have to worry about that. But I do wonder about things like magic morning, live shows, parkhopping, etc.

I have a feeling we won’t be seeing magic morning or live shows. Now for how long will they be gone is the real question... ☹️

And if they’re not using FP like at WDW, there goes maxpass at first... which also means no cheap photo downloads.

I’m bracing myself haha. BUT I think we’ll just be happy to see them open. I’m praying for a Disneyland xmas. ❤️

It's crazy to think about no MaxPass/FastPass at DL. That's such a part of the experience.

I'll just be happy when they'll be able to open again. We're keeping our fingers crossed for Christmas as well.

It's crazy to think about no MaxPass/FastPass at DL. That's such a part of the experience.

I'll just be happy when they'll be able to open again. We're keeping our fingers crossed for Christmas as well.

I know, I’m nervous about the potential budget cuts coming to DL after seeing how much WDW has slowly cut things piece by piece... 🥲

Luckily we’re a lot smaller with less on-site hotel presence so maybe it won’t impact DL as much.

My speculation is we’ll start to see rumblings about Disneyland by March... they’re gonna keep quiet until CA is out of the woods I think. Not an opening date necessarily... just less radio silence on the whole issue. Just look at how sad and abandoned our little speculation form is compared to what it was!

I know, I’m nervous about the potential budget cuts coming to DL after seeing how much WDW has slowly cut things piece by piece... 🥲

Luckily we’re a lot smaller with less on-site hotel presence so maybe it won’t impact DL as much.

My speculation is we’ll start to see rumblings about Disneyland by March... they’re gonna keep quiet until CA is out of the woods I think. Not an opening date necessarily... just less radio silence on the whole issue. Just look at how sad and abandoned our little speculation form is compared to what it was!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for maxpass. Since it's a paid service, hopefully disney won't be inclined to scrap it.

I am realllly worried about passholder situation. We are coming up on a year of closure. Almost everyone's passes will be expired soon..

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for maxpass. Since it's a paid service, hopefully disney won't be inclined to scrap it.

I am realllly worried about passholder situation. We are coming up on a year of closure. Almost everyone's passes will be expired soon..

I’m wondering if when they bring back MaxPass they will be the only thing brought back... making Fastpasses only a paid option and not free anymore. With the way the wind is blowing....

They haven’t even started up WDW passes yet so I’d be worried too. Maybe today feels extra gloomy because of the loss of the extra magic hours and DME announcements but I’ve been following along closely and it’s just been one little thing after another whether it’s the no package delivery to your hotel or whatever.

... Just look at how sad and abandoned our little speculation form is compared to what it was!
Things have been much more quiet around here -- which isn't necessarily all bad -- but I am just thankful each time I see one of our regulars post around here because it means that person is still okay. Silence can take on a much more ominous meaning these days...
So, a big wave hello to you, @TikiTikiFan! Good to see you and glad that you are well! :)

Reminder to everyone participating this thread: Please keep the discussion here on topic, i.e. related to DLR. Discussion which is focused mainly on COVID and the vaccine can go in the main Community Board.
Posters have been doing a great job so far of keeping the discussion of the day's news on topic and clearly related to DLR. Gold stars all around!

"COVID-19 vaccines to be administered at Disneyland, Orange County’s first ‘super’ distribution site.
Health officials will begin distributing COVID-19 vaccines this week at Disneyland, the Orange County Board of Supervisors said Monday, making the resort the first “super” vaccination site in the county"

(Don Kelsen / Los Angeles Times)

https://www.latimes.com/california/...es-to-be-administered-at-disneyland?_amp=true
See post #8238 on the previous page and the posts following to see how this topic is being discussed. Response so far is quite positive. There is even a video which was posted earlier this evening of the tents set up in the Toy Story lot! Nothing like Disney fans for being on the ball with Disney news.

ETA: The DIS article -- https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/disneyland-to-serve-as-covid-19-vaccination-super-site/

Last edited:
See post #8238 on the previous page and the posts following to see how this topic is being discussed. Response so far is quite positive. There is even a video which was posted earlier this evening of the tents set up in the Toy Story lot! Nothing like Disney fans for being on the ball with Disney news.

You're welcome.

Things have been much more quiet around here -- which isn't necessarily all bad -- but I am just thankful each time I see one of our regulars post around here because it means that person is still okay. Silence can take on a much more ominous meaning these days...
So, a big wave hello to you, @TikiTikiFan! Good to see you and glad that you are well! :)

So true.... stay safe Disneyland friends! :grouphug: And a big wave right back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter