Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Didn't know where to put this, but seeing as almost everyone is in this thread, I thought this might make people smile

Extreme winds tomorrow may impact Disneyland vaccine site. At this point, the site is scheduled to remain open as able. If you have an appointment tomorrow but wish to postpone, your appointment will be honored on following days. Anyone with concerns should consider waiting.

Didn't know where to put this, but seeing as almost everyone is in this thread, I thought this might make people smile

Extreme winds tomorrow may impact Disneyland vaccine site. At this point, the site is scheduled to remain open as able. If you have an appointment tomorrow but wish to postpone, your appointment will be honored on following days. Anyone with concerns should consider waiting.
Update: it will be closed due to winds
C803957A-F28E-460C-8834-F75D6CCE2A65.png

I can't wait for DLR to reopen this year!!!!! I know some are saying October, some are saying March..... With vaccines rolling out I am Sure that these next few months will go by fast and places like DLR can start opening with small capacity!!!! I don't have a pass anymore, but I bought tickets last June so I am eager to get back to the parks!!!!

Question: I am not sure how or if this could be done, but do you think there may be a way for them to confirm vaccination or will it be like 'X' % of population has been vaccinated, so things can start moving? 🤔 I assume no, but I don't know for certain.

I wouldn't be surprised if they require proof of vaccination (like many airlines are planning on.) However - it will be interesting to see how this works with kids as it could be a while before the vaccines are even approved for kids, and presumably if entry was limited to vaccinated adults that would cut into a big chunk of their visitors.

I wouldn't be surprised if they require proof of vaccination (like many airlines are planning on.) However - it will be interesting to see how this works with kids as it could be a while before the vaccines are even approved for kids, and presumably if entry was limited to vaccinated adults that would cut into a big chunk of their visitors.

I would imagine any forthcoming vaccination requirements will only be applicable to those groups for which a vaccine has been approved.

I worry about this, because my adult (19 years old) daughter cannot be vaccinated. So will there be medical exceptions? I am definitely NOT an anti-vaccine person. I plan to vaccinate as soon as I am able (hopefully soon as I am an educator) and my husband also plans to vaccinate. She has a medical condition which makes it extremely difficult.

I worry about this, because my adult (19 years old) daughter cannot be vaccinated. So will there be medical exceptions? I am definitely NOT an anti-vaccine person. I plan to vaccinate as soon as I am able (hopefully soon as I am an educator) and my husband also plans to vaccinate. She has a medical condition which makes it extremely difficult.
Don’t worry. They can’t do that because of medical privacy laws.

I’m pretty sure there will be exceptions once we hit vaccine herd immunity but not before- in the same way that there are not medical exemptions for masks currently because it would put too many other people at risk. In the context of international travel and global vaccine herd immunity, that could be a few years. In the U.S. hopefully it’s a year or two depending on if we can hit herd immunity with just adults vaccinated.

You’re wrong. This is already something we do. Plenty of countries require certain vaccinations in order to enter for travel. It doesn’t violate medical privacy at all.
Who is ‘we’? DL is not a country so they have to abide by USA and California laws.

By the way, I don't think it was mentioned yet, but California ended the Stay at Home order a few days ago, so now we're back to the old tier system. Pretty much everyone is in purple now, and numbers seem to be improving. Fingers crossed that we have passed the worst of it.

Edit: nevermind, I see it was mentioned upthread, feel free to ignore, lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter