• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Well, if Cali opens up on 6/15, our 7/3 trip is a GO!
It is interesting conundrum in the interim though. I agree that everything points to you being allowed, but will the system allow you to book park reservations next week? Or will they hold some back to allow for them to be made later? I would imagine that theme parks will still have capacity limits to account for the mitigation factors he mentioned. How stressful though!

The fact that only California residents can only book AND the unwillingness of former passholders paying for a ticket and parking for one day like myself makes me think getting tickets and going shouldn’t be an issue except for the first day or so when all the vloggers and news want to be first.

It is interesting conundrum in the interim though. I agree that everything points to you being allowed, but will the system allow you to book park reservations next week? Or will they hold some back to allow for them to be made later? I would imagine that theme parks will still have capacity limits to account for the mitigation factors he mentioned. How stressful though!
I wonder all this too. Our trip is June 27-29, on the way to Aulani, and we have tickets purchased for last year's trip, so questions are....when they open the reservation system on April 12, how far out will it go and will out-of-state folks be able to make reservations for late June and beyond? Guess we'll soon know some of those answers.

I dunno who's looking at the app, but right now I see Buzz, Matterhorn, and Jungle Cruise down April 30 to May 18 (last day in the app calendar). GRR down April 30 to May 4.

Hours are 9am-7pm until May 14 when they go to 9-9pm.

I'm slightly concerned how they will handle opening times at the same time considering the crowds that develop for ToD currently in the esplanade.

I dunno who's looking at the app, but right now I see Buzz, Matterhorn, and Jungle Cruise down April 30 to May 18 (last day in the app calendar). GRR down April 30 to May 4.

Hours are 9am-7pm until May 14 when they go to 9-9pm.

I'm slightly concerned how they will handle opening times at the same time considering the crowds that develop for ToD currently in the esplanade.
Correct, those rides WILL NOT be open unfortunately. At least not immediately upon reopening. This along with Pinocchio and others.

I’m booked VGC in July, out of state. If I buy tickets and can’t get reservations, I’m screwed because I’ll never come back to DL. Heck, I’m only going to DL because I can’t get a WDW AP.

This suddenly feels like a huge risk with over 300 points. WHY doesn’t VGC have priority??

https://abc7news.com/health/live-newsom-announces-plan-to-fully-reopen-ca/10491250/
This was shared in the other thread- plopping it here too! Just talks about the June 15th target date for reopening and possibly removing the tier system altogether.

Part of me wants to race to come in July and do WDW later but I'm holding back for those trip reports and knowing what's totally open and not... All the mixed feelings gahhh! I do think the 'reservations on a rolling basis' is a good sign that they're gonna either set slots aside or not release the calendar too far in advance. 👍

I wonder all this too. Our trip is June 27-29, on the way to Aulani, and we have tickets purchased for last year's trip, so questions are....when they open the reservation system on April 12, how far out will it go and will out-of-state folks be able to make reservations for late June and beyond? Guess we'll soon know some of those answers.
I heard something about reservations being on a 60-day rolling basis for now so hopefully we out-of-staters will have availability to book, when the time comes.

I heard something about reservations being on a 60-day rolling basis for now so hopefully we out-of-staters will have availability to book, when the time comes.

Yes, Disney's site says reservations will be available "up to 60 days or more in advance", which really makes no sense, but it seems they will open it up 60 days at a time, but may extend that, perhaps to cover holiday periods like July 4, Labor Day, etc., so people can book trips in advance.

Rides that will be open starting April 30th:

Hmm, it shows Pirates, as well as HM and IJ. Yay, 3 of my favorite rides. Yet their dining page doesn't allow you to make reservations for Blue Bayou. This despite the announcement that BB will serve alcohol. Just a matter of the web site not fully updated? Or will the restaurant actually be closed?

Yes, Disney's site says reservations will be available "up to 60 days or more in advance", which really makes no sense, but it seems they will open it up 60 days at a time

Would be great for that “or more” to mean on site hotel reservation priority.

I dunno who's looking at the app, but right now I see Buzz, Matterhorn, and Jungle Cruise down April 30 to May 18 (last day in the app calendar).
On the website, Buzz is closed through June 25th, Jungle Cruise and Matterhorn are closed through June 28th.

Hmm, it shows Pirates, as well as HM and IJ. Yay, 3 of my favorite rides. Yet their dining page doesn't allow you to make reservations for Blue Bayou. This despite the announcement that BB will serve alcohol. Just a matter of the web site not fully updated? Or will the restaurant actually be closed?
They actually haven't released the reopening date for Blue Bayou yet. It is possible that it won't officially reopening with alcohol until early May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter