Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

I'm just slightly east of you and I don't see any of these additional requirements as a big deal. HOWEVER, as a test, I just sat outside the hospital where I work at and spent about 20 minutes of my lunch break in the 85 degree heat with my mask on and it was uncomfortable.

My personal belief is that the mask requirement will be in-name only. Seeing as, half the time, I'm walking around Disneyland eating something or drinking water just to stay hydrated.
Yeah, masks in the 88 degree heat these past few days was definitely uncomfortable. I plan to take mask breaks at the hotel room every 3 hrs. for my Aug. trip and will have cooling towels in tow. If masks are still required for my Dec. trip, at least the weather will be much cooler.

I had to go find it and yikes.... I thought the post was beautifully worded and full of kindness.

The replies are interesting, they're not blatantly mean, but you can visualize the person behind it mashing the keys on their keyboard, deleting expletives, and grinding their teeth :furious:

Actually, take that back, I think someone asked, "are you even paying attention?/know what's going on?"

P.S. I love that y'all are awake keeping me company at work, hahah

... Poor @VandVsmama started a thread to make people feel better and she practically got ripped apart :mic:

It kind of went like this:
VandVsmama: "Don't worry guys... this sounds like a Disneyland trip! It can still be fun!"
Everyone: "#$Y#*$#*#&*(& you"
You get why the mods on this board take the guidelines so seriously? We believe that how we treat each other on our boards really matters! Yikes...

Glad to be of service. 😂 The working from home life has me living like I’m in college again staying up until 3am watching tv and playing video games ha ha!

Ah college, when I lived 15mins from DLR and would drop in for a churro and ride Space Mountain 4x in a row and then go home :goodvibes

Once the girlfriend (now wife) and I went in full formal wear and there's a Space Mountain photo that exists somewhere of that. I think the new normal will be knowing where the cameras are and pulling down your mask just in time for the photo!

I ventured into some of the other subforums and there's a LOT LOT LOT more cynicism coming across on the WDW trip planning threads. To be fair, they now have concrete reopening plans and got a lot of their workflow mucked up (i.e. no FP+, reservations, etc...) so I kind of get it. But I also don't because I'm all about the free flowing DL trip with zero plans/reservations 90% of the time.

Poor @VandVsmama started a thread to make people feel better and she practically got ripped apart :mic:

It kind of went like this:
VandVsmama: "Don't worry guys... this sounds like a Disneyland trip! It can still be fun!"
Everyone: "#$Y#*$#*#&*(& you"
Ok...I took the time to venture over there, and that was definitely yikes. Poor VandVsmama...but kudos to her for trying to shine light on the situation. We all need a little more of that.

That might work well in TDL where they asked guests not to scream on the coasters. At least you'd be able to look the part!

I'm not a coaster screamer, but I can't recall that warning ever being given to us at TDL. If it was, it was probably in Japanese and I know about 10 different phrases.... most of them involving food :rotfl2:

You know, for the longest time, I never wanted to go to Florida because of Home Alone 2. It took Nickelodeon Studios for me to banish that image of Orlando out of my head. Hahahah
My first (and last!) trip to WDW was in the baking heat of July...I haven't been back since 🤣 The trauma is real....

I'm not a coaster screamer, but I can't recall that warning ever being given to us at TDL. If it was, it was probably in Japanese and I know about 10 different phrases.... most of them involving food :rotfl2:
It's supposed to be a new guideline to prevent the spread of the virus. Pre-virus, I believe that polite coaster screaming was fine. :)

My first (and last!) trip to WDW was in the baking heat of July...I haven't been back since 🤣 The trauma is real....

You know what else tripped me out about Orlando?

THE LACK OF MOUNTAINS. It was the strangest thing. It legitimately freaked me out how flat everything was.

You know what else tripped me out about Orlando?

THE LACK OF MOUNTAINS. It was the strangest thing. It legitimately freaked me out how flat everything was.
I never even noticed that! Maybe that's why WDW has more mountains than DL....the magic of illusion.

Confused. WDW is opening 45 days after submitting or that’s how it will work for CA? Because FL let’s them open as soon as they’re approved. Submit->Local Approval->State approval -> Open can happen in a few days if the theme parks want in FL. WDW just doesn’t want to open that soon. WDW CMs can be called back a minimum of 5 days prior to needing to show at work. (Some DS CMs were only trained for like 2 days so that’s not necessarily a huge time commitment.)

They couldn't submit a plan to the local government till they reached the specific phase. That's not part of California's requirement where as it was in Florida. So in DL could already submit a plan to the government and open when they hit the phase requirement to open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter