• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Resort Hotel Key Question

Piscus

Earning My Ears
Hey all! Do the physical hotel keys for the Disneyland Resort hotels still have names and personal info printed on them? I know they did years ago, but can't find any info on how they work now. My parents are going up and aren't super tech savvy, so they're going to push for a physical key, but they are also needlessly paranoid about having any of their info out there in the open. I figured I'd ask how things work nowadays to try and reassure them.

Thanks a ton!

I was just at DLH 3 weeks ago and still have the key I got and it doesn't have anything written on it. There is a place that they can be signed like a credit card, but I wasn't told to sign it. I don't think I set up charing to the room though, in case that makes a difference. I guess it's also possible the other hotels are different, so hopefully others can comment.

I ended up requesting a physical key after a day of struggling to get into my room from either poor reception or the app being buggy, so I do recommend getting one. It cut out a lot of frustration.

Do the physical hotel keys for the Disneyland Resort hotels still have names and personal info printed on them?
No they don't. We were at the Grand Californian earlier this month and our room key had no name or other personal info on them.

Also, there is no need to "push" for a physical key. The front desk will happily issue one with a simple request.

They wanted us to use the app for teh hotel room, but I would strongly recommend getting a key. The key has nothing fun on it, but if your phone batter drains out during the day because the App eats up phone life easily, then you'll have no key to the room.

When I was at DLH last year I asked for physical keys and they gave them to me. They didn't have my name on them. Hope your parents have a great trip!

For security it’s better to not have name or any personal info printed on hotel keys (incase they’re lost) Sadly once someone has your full name and knows you’re currently checked into hotel they may try to pull some type of scam.

For example call and be connected to your room calming to be Front Desk asking for updated credit card details. Sounds crazy but I’ve seen it all working in hospitality including guests writing actual room number on key.

Thanks for all of the responses everyone, they've been super helpful!

How does entering for Early Entry work? Do they need anything more than their room key?

Thanks for all of the responses everyone, they've been super helpful!

How does entering for Early Entry work? Do they need anything more than their room key?

Yes, they need the app on the phone showing their hotel reservation. It's a tile in the app. They need to show that screen. Because the keys don't have ANY information on them, including dates of stay, they are useless for early entry.

Tagging on to this, is there another option for entry to Early Entry other than the phone app? My elderly parents will usually be with me, but if we go at separate times (aka speeds!) will they each need to carry a phone and have the app installed? They'll have Magic Bands for park entry and have physical hotel keys.

The joys of traveling with the tech-challenged!

Tagging on to this, is there another option for entry to Early Entry other than the phone app? My elderly parents will usually be with me, but if we go at separate times (aka speeds!) will they each need to carry a phone and have the app installed? They'll have Magic Bands for park entry and have physical hotel keys.

The joys of traveling with the tech-challenged!
We were there last month, staying at GCH. The only thing they needed for EE was the room key. BUT each person in our 6 member party had to have their own room key and scan it on the scanners at EE RD (near the hub). They never once asked to see anything in the app.

If you really wanted them to have the hotel “proof“ from the app, if they were asked for it, you could screen shot it from your app and text them the photo. That would probably be ok. But, I think everyone having their own plastic room key is what the CMs wanted at EE.

We were there last month, staying at GCH. The only thing they needed for EE was the room key. BUT each person in our 6 member party had to have their own room key and scan it on the scanners at EE RD (near the hub). They never once asked to see anything in the app.

If you really wanted them to have the hotel “proof“ from the app, if they were asked for it, you could screen shot it from your app and text them the photo. That would probably be ok. But, I think everyone having their own plastic room key is what the CMs wanted at EE.
Perfect! Scanning plastic room keys is something my parents can handle. The app? Not so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter