• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Resort Hotels Booked?

jasonk5

Mouseketeer
Is there any other way to book a Disneyland Resort Hotel (Grand Californian, Paradise Pier, or Disneyland Hotel) when the Disneyland website says they are all booked for the time we will be going? I remember I was an active member of the DIS back in 2000 and 2001 when Dreams Unlimited was just getting started. We used them back then for our trips to WDW and they were fantastic! I'm not sure if they will be able to help now (i.e. they already have a block of rooms on hold, etc.)? Any other way anybody can think of? Will Disney have some rooms to open up when the date approaches? AAA packages?

My wife and I wanted to wait until our son was 3-4 before taking him on his first trip to Disneyland. So we decided on visiting San Diego this year, but how can we resist not spending a few days at Disneyland during the 50th celebration when we're soooo close. :teeth:
So now we will be spending one or two nights in Anaheim before going down to San Diego and would love to stay on property, but with this short of notice (first week in October) it is all booked :confused3
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Jason

Sometimes if you call them direct they still have rooms open. Just keep checking because people cancel all the time. Good Luck

I've seen rooms on expedia when DL says they are sold out. Also, I think some of the travel companies and online travel agencies, for certain times of years, actually buy options on the rooms. This means a couple of things -- first, it means they will have rooms even when DL says it is sold out. It also means that at the expiration of the options period the rooms are put back to disney.

I checked on AAA for the whole first week of Oct 1-9 and they say no rooms available at the three resort hotels. sorry.

I believe that all three Disney hotels are completely sold out for the first two weeks of October! The first weekend is the opening of Haunted Mansion Holiday and Gay Days and the second weekend is the Columbus Day holiday.

You might try calling the hotels directly, but I have read on several different sites that no one can seem to find a room at any of the hotels on any of the travel sites.

Sorry!

October is also convention time, so it is likely that there are blocks of rooms reserved for conventioneers that will have rooms released in the next month or so.

I called Disney directly and they confirmed - no rooms at any of the three hotels.

Went on to Alaska Air's website to see what they had available. They HAVE ROOMS at all three!

We booked the DLH for four nights. They even had discounted rates! Go to their Disneyland Vacations section, the three hotels show up as hotel options.

Di you also book your flight through Alaska Airlines? I tried to book just the hotel, but that did not appear to be an option.

NJHOO said:
Di you also book your flight through Alaska Airlines? I tried to book just the hotel, but that did not appear to be an option.

Yes. They have the best times available from Seattle to SNA nonstop.

Like I posted earlier, go to the Vacations section (flights and hotel) and choose Disneyland. It then asks you to specify the departure and arrival airports. When you are done with the flight pages you are asked to choose a hotel.

NJHOO said:

You can also just go to Hotels at the top of the first page.

The Disneyland hotels are also still available on Southwest Airlines website; go to the Travel Center.

We tried to bok through Disneyland.com but had no luck with the dates that we wanted, so we checked with getawaytoday dot com and they had rooms @ DH & PP. We really wanted to stay at GC, but are happy with staying at DH, too. We got a fourth night for free and the package was much cheaper than booking through Disney. I am hoping it will work out nicely. I actually called them to purchase our package and they also mentioned they had installment plans available with no extra fees. I thought that was nice. The park hoppers you get through them are the PLUS ones, so you get the EE and I thought that was a nice benefit as well. HTH!! :flower:

I booked the Disneyland hotel via my travel agent on friday and they said they had 5 rooms left, so i booked it quick. Im staying 4 nights and then im staying off property for 4 nights. Now i have to go book my flight next week....

AAA uses WDTC. They only have a certain number of packages and when they get sell out they suggest calling the hotel directly. People cancel all the time. I'd keep calling the hotel. All 3 hotels were booked for my February trip because of President's day. When it got closer to the time we were going, there was a huge storm in the forecast and a lot of people cancelled. Just keep trying. You might get lucky. I booked accomodations elsewhere until I secured the resort rooms, just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter