Disneyland Resort Paris 8th - 12th August: Day 3

PATMAGIC

Mouseketeer
On to day 3 shall we, well this is the first day I spend the whole boring thing with my family so expect to be bored silly lol. Again woke up at 8:45am, however I had just got a wash, turned on my camcorder to watch what I had recorded the night before, however my older sister was not amused since she was asleep in bed and the light from the LCD screen and the sound made her wake up, I mean what a shame lol. So since as I could not stand sitting in the dark for another minute (the curtains were closed), I got up, walked out and went to the Walt Disney Studios, by now it was 9:30am.

Got to the Walt Disney Studios just in time to catch GoodMorning Walt Disney Studios, so got some photos taken of the characters and Cinefolias characters passing in the cars, which I have to say is still very nice even if they do use too much of Motor Cars and Stars parade music from Disney MGM if you ask me, but still nice to again sing along to, of course getting odd looks as usual from anyone around. After I went over to Rock N Roller Coaster, which apparently had a 5 minute wait, well I know never to believe the nice little boards before the attraction again since it was more like a 15 minute wait, by this time I had still had no breakfast, and my mouth was quenshing thirst, so went to Restaurant en Coulisse for a drink of Sprite, then walked back to the Hotel New York, of course by this point my family had gone for breakfast, however I got to the hotel and someone had changed the sign for breakfast around so I ended up not making it, I think next time I shall make a map hahahaha. So went back to the room and waited for my family to reappear, as usual I got the why were you not at breakfast and why did you go out and what were you doinjg, you know the usual family boredom argument.
After this argument it was about 11:15am, so we walk over to the Disneyland Park where we go and see Tarzan Encounter at 12pm, very very nice show, which always amazes me how nice they can make it. Maybe it's cos of the guy playing Tarzan lol, or probably cos of also all the gymnastics happening on stage, so much happening it's just fantastic to watch. After we ventured over to Big Thunder Mountain, used a hotel fastpass and took only about 5 minutes to get on, of course my older sister would only go on this roller coaster since all the rest are too intense for her little annoying head lol. Big Thunder Mountain as usual was incredible, everytime I get astounded by the detail and shame I only went on once last trip. We then walked a whole 300 yards or so so for the next 30 minutes my younger sister could pick out a bracelet to buy her friends, (nice to see she's so nice to friends lol), of course me not have had any breakfast was by now getting hungry so time for lunch at Victorias on Main Street, had a baguette, of course I never stay anywhere long, I don't do well in 4 walls haha. Well more like don't do well in them when I see a pin trading cart outside, and off to the cart I went leaving the rest of my family inside, I bought a Rock N Rollercoaster pin, and a pack of pin back replacements since some of the backs had fallen off and had up till now getting replaced by my rubbish backs off none Disney pins I have on my bag. However I bought them just about to go back inside I heard that song again "All Around the World, 2 days ago on the tuesday it was playing for what seemed like no reason since I saw no characters or Main Street Vehicles around, though today a wholoe host of characters came up Main Street in the Main Street vehicles, which of course included my favourite vehicle "The Paddy Wagon".
We had decided to go to the walt Disney Studios now since a show I have wanted to see in a long time was about to begin in 10 minutes "Animagique", I found this show really fantastic, have to say how it is done is great, the music also wonderful to sit and listen to, of course my family were not as impressed as me with this, maybe since all holiday they have been trying to avoid such childish things, well could not let them miss out on that now could I lol. Typically after we came out that magique attraction into another magique attraction we went, this time Cinemagique, which as usual was great and also a guest flow cast member pulled me over when I was walking in to trade pins, so traded my Minnie Mouse pin I had got off a little boy 2 nights before with the cast member for a Cinderella pin, then went to watch the show, and how great still it is and this was probably my 5th viewing of this attraction since I first visited the Studios in 2003, the attraction still never gets old, of course today the crowd were much less lively and awake as the day before, No applause really anyway through the show till right at the end, still I have to give Disney credit for such a great attraction for the smaller, yet still not much less fun and magical as the original Disneyland Park next door. The Studios when we came out were as usual packed for the summer and so we ventured over to the Rock N Rollercoaster, on the way saw Cinefolias performing, shame my family did not stay long after they heard about the Guest participation part, I tried to make them stay, but no got forced over to the Rock N rollcercoaster where the queue was strangely 5 minutes, again only got half the preshow and then got straight on the ride, still an amazing attraction, on a par with Space Mountain although Space Mountain will always win over it. After this fantastic journey into the world of rock, it was decided back to the Hotel New York where we would go to the pool. of course my family again changed their mind so I ended up swimming alone and my family went to the New york City Bar for yet again a cocktail, I then got out the pool this time with all my belongings intact and went and dropped the things back off at the room, then went to Buffallo Bills since we had booked for the 6:30pm showing, quite a nice show, we were on the Gold Star team, the show was OK, not the easiest show to make sense of, the games were quite nice though, the clowns also during the show were well interesting, one came over to me and started to stare at my laynard and my Maleficent pin at the same time as picking at it on my laynard and pointing lol. The food was OK, but not really to my taste, though the Apple Cobbler was very nice, have to say I would advise anyone who likes the west to see this show, since it is a lot of fun.
Later the show ended, ventured back over to the Disneyland Park to do some nice evening riding, we rode Pirates of the Caribbean, which is really fun at the front and was great when there was only a 5 minute waiting time, all those people waiting for Fantillusion has an advantage on ride queues. Then we went and rode Le pays des contes de Fées, also with a wonderful 0 minute queue, so wonderful and my french pronunciation had picked up a little by then too lol. A whole 10 minute queue for Casey Jr. - Le Petit Train du Cirque, also went on this, which was really fun and so nice for such a small little roller coaster, the surroundings I have to say are great that it goes around Le pays des contres de Fées, after this we ran to It's a Small World since it was nearing 10pm when Fantasyland would close, so got to It's a Small World by 9:50pm, and had to queue for about 5 minutes, and wow I had forgotten how annoying, but great this was since it had not been since 2003 that I had rode the happiest boat ride on earth. When we got off this I made sure we would see fantillusion for the last time this visit, so off to the Royal Castle Stage, where I stood up on the platform above the seating area, where I got to see Jafar and Ursulla's transformations, which are still very much astounding and people have complained lately about the change in some of Fantillusions floats and dancers etc, but I have to say it was as magical as ever when I was there last week and noticed very little difference, but probably since I am not a regular to the resort, still fantastic. We then got ushered out of the area, and wow don't guest flow do a great job around the Royal castle stage, everyone is off their seats and gone to the Plaza soon enough. I then got to watch Wishes for my final time this visit, and watched it without any camcorder or camera in my hand, and actually found it more magical than ever, have to say if wishes does not come back next year I think DLRP will have made quite a mistake, but again thats just my opinion. The park was closing, so for the last time walked down Main Street at night with Wishes being played on the speakers and have to say it was quite emotional knowing that by that time the next evening I would be back in England on my way home :(.

Posting your birthday message reminded me that I hadn't read this latest installment - I'm really enjoying your trip report. :flower:

It would be fun to read your mum's and sisters' account of this trip - you seem to be having a completely different holiday from them!! :teeth:

Yet another good installment Partrick :)
Bexx said:
It would be fun to read your mum's and sisters' account of this trip - you seem to be having a completely different holiday from them!! :teeth:
Now I'd enjoy that ;) Mind you I imagine many DISer's family might put a different take on matters :goodvibes

Reid

Can we look forward to seeing some new videos from the trip on your site Patrick ?

I love watching your Disney Villains parade - my camcorder battery ran out just as the parade started, so finding your video was a real gem for me. :Pinkbounc

Thanks it's nice seeing people reading my report :flower: . As far as videos go it can be said they will come, my camcorder seemed to have something happen to it when it went through customs at Waterloo. So the camcorder has been sent off to get fixed, and when I get it back my videos I did get filmed will be coming online, so carry on watching I will tell when my videos are online :Pinkbounc .

Enjoyed your trip report Patrick, it's funny how different family members have completely different priorities when in the parks! You seemed to have the best time!! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter