• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Resort Rookies Day2

I Intrigue You

Addicted to the mouse
Friday June 25, 2004

I'm awake early and I just lie there flipping through channels. I keep myself entertained by watching funny local car commercials. At 7:00am I decided that Chief and Bunny have had enough sleep so I begin the wake up process. We were out the door by 8:00 and after a quick breakfast at McDonald's we were finally at the gates and we headed straight for Fantasyland. We rode Peter, Mr. Toad, Pinocchio, Snow White, & the Storybook land boats. Then we headed off to Toontown. I really enjoy the DL toontown the details are so much better. We ride Roger Rabbit and then we queue up and see Minnie and Mickey. We decide to try to get on Pirates and ride BTMRR so as we are walking to Frontierland I stop and get a Churro.....we all decide that this is the greatest theme park snack ever! We get FP's for BTMRR & POTC. So we head over to Critter Country and walk right on to Pooh. I don't even know why they have this ride as a FP but it's a cute ride although I think the WDW version is so much better. On our way out of Critter Country we stop and have lunch at the Hungry Bear this was just your typical Burger joint. We sat close to the water so we could watch the boats go by.

After lunch we went to Pirates. There was no line so we just saved our FP's.....WOW WOW WOW. We loved Pirates it is so much better than WDW. I thought Bunny wouldn't like it because of the larger drops but she still loved it. We then went to BTMRR and used our FP's. My overall impression is the DL BTMRR is not as good as WDW it seemed very slow but it was still fun.

Chief really wanted to ride Indy so we got FP's and our return time was an hour later so we decided to ride Pirates again. After we got off the ride we shopped in all the nearby shops just to kill time while waiting for our Indy FP's. Chief bought himself a long sleeved pirates shirt incase it go cold enough to wear it. So far I hadn't bought anything which was a little shocking for me.

It was finally time to ride Indy when we got there the CM's said it was closed so I went to ask when it would be open again and the CM took down the rope and said come on in. So we started walking to the ride and we walked and we walked and we walked. If the queue was this long for FP I feel for the people in standby wow! Indy was fun but it seemed to move to quickly to really follow the story. We said we would ride it again but we never did.

Typically at this time of day we usually head back to the room and rest for a bit but today we just forged on. We headed on over to DCA

Once inside the park we had our picture taken in front of the bridge then we went over to get FP's for Soarin' we then walked down to Paradise Pier we went on the Sun Wheel it was fun and there was a nice cooling breeze. We pretty much just walked around and looked at everything. I'm the only brave on in my family so there was no way I could talk anyone into going on CA Screamin' We then walked back around and used our FP's for Soarin. We got front row and we all agreed this ride is awesome.

I really wanted to see the Aladdin show so we headed down to the backlot. We stopped at the Sunshine plaza and watched some musicians. Lilo, Stitch & Minnie were there. Stitch followed us down the street where we met Donald who had a camera he was pushing around.....Donald took a liking to Chief so they took turns recording each other. This meeting with Donald made Chief happy since he is a huge Donald fan. After we left Donald we rushed down the street and just made it to watch Aladdin. This show was great! The Genie really made the show. After the show we watched Muppets 3-D which is pretty much the same as the WDW version.

Chief and Bunny really wanted to go to Bugland and ride the bumper cars so as we were walking over we passed a Churro stand and it was Churro's all around. I sat out the bumper cars and I hear I didn't miss much. I pretty much think Bugland is for smaller children so we didn't spend anymore time there.

We slowly made our way out of the park and headed to DD. We decided to browse and see what if anything caught our eye. The World of Disney wasn't too packed but Build a Bear was crammed with people. We were looking for some place to eat but there were lines everywhere so we just spent sometime browsing the different stores. At this point I was exhausted and I really just wanted to go back to the room so we opted to go back to the hotel to swim and order pizza.

Chief and Bunny headed to the pool while I ordered Pizza. After dinner we were all tired so sleep came quickly on this night.

Highs and Lows of the day

There was live music being played all over the parks. I really enjoyed this.
I bought New Balance shoes before taking this trip and I must say they worked pretty well!

The only lows for this day were rude people but that's just about everywhere you go.

:wave2:

Thansk for the reports! I really enjoyed reading them. I hear the Indy Ride will be coming to WDW in a few years, so I was interested in what you had to say about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter