• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Return Dates for Fantasmic, World of Color & New Finale to Main Street Electrical Parade

I believe they took that wording down. We took a screen grab of that offer and booked a reservation at Storyteller's for later this week. Reports from opening weekend say the restaurants refused to honor the "upgrade to package" and then the website was changed. We cancelled our dining reservation ... for now ... hoping for some other time.
I had heard about the packages not being available at the restaurants. I didn't realize they had changed the wording. It's so weird, because they made that announcement; however, that didn't have any dates for the dine packages to start in the announcement.

So, quick update. I did grab the one open spot. Re: our TA, we began in 2015 for our first family WDW trip. We wanted to go with a local certified TA, because helping small business is a good thing. A couple years later, her TA business has grown significantly from herself as the sole agent to now having close to 20 home-based agents. and she placed us with one of her newer agents beginning in 2018. Have used for 6 more WDW, DCL, DLR trips from 2018 to now, plus another DCL and DLParis within 15 months. There had been some increasing signs of dizziness, that we just brushed off (getting our itineraries late, etc - but we are very hands on with our planning, so we had no worries personally.) But I absolutely need to have my TA book things for me due to my work schedules and crazy kid activity life. She's had a lot of personal and family health issues and recently lost her husband also, so I sincerely want to grant lots of grace and understanding. But when it comes to this, I had to place a call to the TA company president, who I'm FB friends with in the same town. They put me on multiple reservation finders and the TA is sending me a Disney gift card (oh, BTW, she usually does that as a thank you for each trip, but there were a couple that we didn't receive as promised until our last day.). The Prez offered for us to switch to a different agent if we wanted. The hard decision is that while we kinda do, we realize the impact of losing us to a newly single mom TA business as well.

She obviously heard from the Prez, bc she texted me today saying that she's tried from 60 days out, but Disney tech doesn't know why it was circling (60 days out was April 17), and there was no initial communication that said, "Hey, I'm sorry, I'm trying, but I can't find availability." THAT I can understand. I don't demand we get everything we want. But at least be upfront on the communication. It was only when I checked in several days later because I hadn't seen a cc charge or anything that she said that Disney was telling her it wasn't out yet....which was clearly false.

So, anyway. That's where we are.

She just texted me now and reminded me that there's a virtual queue for WoC also, if I wasn't aware. Yes, I'm aware, but that's not the point. We want the relaxed seating area....but it doesn't do anything about the extreme lack of communication.
I’m so sorry. Technically, they weren’t out yet on April 17th but they did open April 20th. I would think someone from Disney could have told her that since it was announced like April 12th or something that they could be booked starting April 20th. Also, as a Disney TA, does she not follow the major Disney news sources? I feel like everyone was reporting on this.

Well, isn't this just lovely. My TA said that Disney was telling her it's not available yet. And as I look now, there is availability to book on June 15 and June 16 for 1 person only. I need 5. Anywhere between June 15 and June 19. I'll keep checking if things open up more, but now I'm really upset. It was the ONE extra thing we've really been looking forward to, and there's high probability it won't happen now. Ugh!!!!@@@@!!!!
I am going to be cancelling reservations for 5 for both seatings on 6/19. (6/20 is our preferred date - I only grabbed 6/19 until I knew I had 6/20.)

I am happy to coordinate a release time. I can send you a PM, but I thought I'd reply here so that others can weigh in on how likely it is that you can catch a reservation once I release it.

I am going to be cancelling reservations for 5 for both seatings on 6/19. (6/20 is our preferred date - I only grabbed 6/19 until I knew I had 6/20.)

I am happy to coordinate a release time. I can send you a PM, but I thought I'd reply here so that others can weigh in on how likely it is that you can catch a reservation once I release it.
Oh my gosh I hope this works for @kpd6901 !

OMG!! People are so amazing! Let's chat and see what we can do! With Disney tech, you never do really know...

FWIW, we enjoyed WoC using the Stand-By space along the Pixel Pier bridge. We were given this location tip by a CM who was setting out ropes for the various 'reserved' locations.

We got to the bridge early (just after 7p?) and found it pleasant, hassle-free, friendly and an awesome viewing location. Thanks to all on this thread who have shared your tips and experiences!

FWIW, we enjoyed WoC using the Stand-By space along the Pixel Pier bridge. We were given this location tip by a CM who was setting out ropes for the various 'reserved' locations.

We got to the bridge early (just after 7p?) and found it pleasant, hassle-free, friendly and an awesome viewing location. Thanks to all on this thread who have shared your tips and experiences!
Did this area require one of the color groups that you can get through the virtual queue?

Did this area require one of the color groups that you can get through the virtual queue?
No -- the bridge is fully "stand-by" space. No VQ required. ALSO -- the CM informed us that the VQ is only used for the 1st showing of WoC. The 2nd showing is all open standing : no VQ, no corrals -- except, I assume, for the dessert party tables.

No -- the bridge is fully "stand-by" space. No VQ required. ALSO -- the CM informed us that the VQ is only used for the 1st showing of WoC. The 2nd showing is all open standing : no VQ, no corrals -- except, I assume, for the dessert party tables.
What day did you ask the CM about VQ for the 2nd show? On Monday, there was a private event so they didn't do VQ for the second show but to my knowledge and definitely on Friday-Sunday when I was there, VQ is used for both shows.

This is great news! I saw the people standing on the bridge when I was at the dessert party and it looked like a great view, especially if you get the rail. We will narrow in on this area next time we watch WOC.

That is a great spot. We’ve enjoyed it there in the past as part of the Blue section. Good to know if we don’t get in the a virtual queue pass, then we can go there anyways as standby.

That’s strange, we were there on Friday, 4/22 and tried for the virtual queue right at noon. We got the 2nd show and they were definitely checking as we went in.

That’s strange, we were there on Friday, 4/22 and tried for the virtual queue right at noon. We got the 2nd show and they were definitely checking as we went in.
Well .... as @gelatoni fan suggests above ... perhaps it is a "night by night" decision. Perhaps midweek is different than weekends -- especially Opening Weekend? I'll guess we'll have to keep an eye on this going forward.

A HUUUUGE shootout to @trstno1 for helping me out!! We are all secured for all 5 of us for the first showing on June 19! We did a trial run at a different time where the first batch of five for the later show was dropped. But with delays in notifications from the disboard conversation, 3 of the 5 were already grabbed before I could get my shot. THIS time, we moved to a meetup at 3:30AM and I just continually refreshed my booking availability as we counted down to the release. Thanks again soooooo much!

A HUUUUGE shootout to @trstno1 for helping me out!! We are all secured for all 5 of us for the first showing on June 19! We did a trial run at a different time where the first batch of five for the later show was dropped. But with delays in notifications from the disboard conversation, 3 of the 5 were already grabbed before I could get my shot. THIS time, we moved to a meetup at 3:30AM and I just continually refreshed my booking availability as we counted down to the release. Thanks again soooooo much!
Love this so much! 😍

Yeah, I honestly had doubts this would work when we started, so it was more exciting when it came together.

The party reservation became available almost immediately after I cancelled my reservation, so we really had to coordinate the time closely. It's hard to use disboard chat to do that, but an off time in the wee hours of the morning took care of the bot competition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter