Disneyland rules

shellncesar

My Other Home is Disneyland
I always hear people talking about the rules of Disneyland. I was wondering if there was a place where I could view these rules and dress codes. I googled it but could not find anything and the Disneyland site does not have rules for the park, just the site.
I wonder how many of the rules I hear are just assumptions or real rules.

Other than shoes and shirts having to be worn at all times, I don't think that there are really rules. But I think people should use some common sense when it comes to choosing the clothes they wear to the park. Anything with vulgar sayings or images shouldn't be worn and I've heard of people who have worn these being asked to either remove the article or turn it inside out (and if they weren't asked, they should've been asked).

People wearing vulger or potentialy vulger sayings (FCUK) will be asked to turn them inside out. Shoes, shirts and bottoms must be worn at all times. No glass bottles or alcohol allowed inside Disneyland. Outside food and drink isn't allowed but isn't banned.

"Outside food and drink isn't allowed but isn't banned"

Can someone clarify? I would like to bring in my own water instead of paying $2.75/bottle. Also, my daughter has many food allergies so I would like to bring in her own lunch/dinner/snacks.

If they see those items at the gate during the search, do they make you get rid of them?

By rules I mean any written texts of things you cant do or can do. Say if you are muslim and you have to pray at a certain time of the day. will they let you just pick a spot and pray? Also, if someone walked in and got married somewhere in the park, would that be allowed?

I am just wondering if there is a place to find the rules and guidelines of disneyland. i mean i could walk up with an obscene shirt and get denied in but where would it be stated. I know some of the rules are common sense but they should be states somewhere for liablilty issues.

You are allowed to bring your own water. I do this all the time. Just make sure the bottles are plastic as they don't allow glass bottles into the park. As for outside food, technically, you're not supposed to bring it in, but people do it all the time. With food allergies, then you have a medical reason for it and they really can't stop you. It often depends on the person checking bags. I've often brought in small snacks with no problem and I've seen people bring in food from Subway and other nearby food places w/o issue.

Water is no problem at all. I bring it in every time I go to the park. I also like to bring small snacks like granola bars...etc. Usually, everything is fine. The only times I have seen people stopped is when they try to bring in big coolers with food, or glass bottles.

There is a list of rules, but I believe they are mainly for cast members and training purposes. You could call guest relations and ask if they have anything they can hand out. You can not get married in the park by just walking in...I know that. :)

We always bring water in.

There is also a picnic area right outside of Dland, that has lockers and picnic tables. You could bring your lunch, put it in a locker until lunchtime, and go out there and eat it. The locker we got was HUGE (probably 4 feet tall) and you can come and go into it throughout the day.

I saw a few vulgar shirts, but nothing too serious. I for the record, hate those FCUK shirts......

No bringing in alcohol.
No bringing in weapons.
No smoking in non-designated spots.

Just a few I can think of!!

shellncesar said:
By rules I mean any written texts of things you cant do or can do. Say if you are muslim and you have to pray at a certain time of the day. will they let you just pick a spot and pray? Also, if someone walked in and got married somewhere in the park, would that be allowed?

I am just wondering if there is a place to find the rules and guidelines of disneyland. i mean i could walk up with an obscene shirt and get denied in but where would it be stated. I know some of the rules are common sense but they should be states somewhere for liablilty issues.

You'd have to contact Guest Services for *rules*. Off the top of my head you cannot have a wedding inside Disneyland unless you go through Disney. Unofficially the rumor is if it's small enough and you're not bothering anyone once you start they won't stop you.

I think your best bet as far as the praying, or anything not just common sense would be to call Guest Relations and either ask your specific question, or get them to send you a copy of the park rules. I don't believe I've ever seen this posted anywhere on the internet - probably something they only give out by request - available at the City Hall at the park or something.
I can't imagine they would stop anyone from praying as long as it wasn't interrupting traffic flow (i.e. don't kneal where you could get run over by the crowd) or praying loudly enough to disturb other guests (this would apply to be loud in any other way - not just praying - like yelling at children or cast members, etc).

I have brought many snacks (chips, grapes, granola bars, candy) and even a few sandwiches for my kids before, they have seen these things in my bags and never said one thing at all to me at the security check. I also bring bottled water and even cans of soda, it is all in one back pack so it is not huge amounts. I feel confident that you will have no problems.

Disneyland used to, and may still, have a dress code that was developed to deter gang violence. In 1992 I spent a summer working at a school for behaviorially disturbed adolescents. We could not take the kids to Disneyland because one of them looked like a thug and had green hair. The principal said that Disneyland would not let him in.

Gang violence is a serious problem in southern California (there was a gang shooting in the DL parking lot in the late 1980s and a serious gang incident inside Six Flags' Magic Mountain), so I am grateful for Disney's vigilence.

LOL - Shellncesar - when I read your thread title, I thought it meant "Disneyland Rules" like they rock or are awesome. Not referring to rules to be adhered to. :rotfl:

I thought people might get confused. a question mark should have followed that. although, disneyland does rule!!! :cool1:

Here are just a few of the rules of things you can and can't bring in the park:

-You can bring any kind of drink in any container as long as it's not in glass, or is alcoholic.
-You can bring food into the park. They say you can bring about one sandwich per person, but you can bring pretty much anything as long as it is pre-made (meaning you can bring sandwiches, but they will not allow bread, peanutbutter, and jelly). And just don't bring enough food for an army or they will have you put it in the picnic area.
-coolers that are the size of a six pack or smaller are allowed, everything bigger goes in the picnic area.
-no wagons, or folding chairs.
-no weapons
-they are now allowing scissors that are smaller than two inches.

I think a lot of the dress codes/rules they once had have long been done away with. For example, I don't see them denying enterance to my DD simply because she has green hair.

Back when Walt was alive there were many rules, including denying enterance to men with long hair (if I remember right), but that was a much different time and I don't think they could get away with such things now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter