Disneyland sucks

sirccchar

Earning My Ears
I had 14 tickets, 2 day 1 park per day tickets from the radio station from before the pandemic, with the RSVP system and COVID they expired, I called 3 times, and every time 3 different person said I can't help over the phone, u need to come up the ticket booth in anihiem to have the tickets extended or upgraded no problem, I flew all the way from north California come to the booth and they said nothing they can do cuz they were gotten from radio, and expired, talked to 2 more manager and supervisor and said same thing, there's no notes of the calls or evidence, really? 3 different people didn't leave any notes, and you have me fly down here, waste my money and time to say no and to kick me in the *** even more take my physical tickets cuz you say it's there property now. Called Disney in the phone for an hour and said same thing, like it's fine if you can't do anything for me, tell me that over the phone, don't make me fly in to say no, thanks Disney for wasting my time and money to see the outside of the park and wasting over $3000 in tickets I paid taxes on

I am horrified to hear people are still having to fly to ANAHEIM to update tickets period.
I heard about people doing that months again and thought surely Disney would fix such an ridiculous policy.

I would reach out to the radio station and ask nicely, tell them how you flew to Anaheim, someone might be able to get you with their contact in Disney marketing???

Oof. That's rough. Unfortunately, though, I believe they are within their rights as these were promotional tickets.

However, it's not right. I can't believe they treated you like that. I feel like since you had to pay taxes on those tickets, if you can prove that, they need to honor them. Go up the chain to the president of Disneyland Resort. Send an email.

If anyone has a higher up contact, that would help, everytime I call I get the same run around, there's always someome with authority that can make an exception, and I almost called the cops on the manager that took my physical tickets, like what if I needed them as proof I had tickets. But I had to flight he catch to fly back to northern California

I am puzzled why they took the physical tickets. Were these the non-refundable/no cash value tickets that you mentioned back in March? I would probably reach out to the radio station to see if they can replace them before going to the president of the resort...

I would call and email the radio station you won them from to see if they could reach out to Disney on your behalf. As you say, you paid taxes so this is no freebie. Not to mention you flew to Anaheim in an attempt to remedy this matter, at your expense, only to be turned away. Personally I wouldn't waste any more time reaching out to Disney. You have already went above and beyond what any customer should have to do. If reaching out to the radio station doesn't help, the only other option I can see is to take Disney to small claims court in your county up north.

If you do choose this route, the deck is really stacked in your favor in California small claims court. Disney is not allowed to hire a attorney to represent them in California small claims court. They are required to send an employee of the company which gets expensive for them and a big hassle. You will need to pay the filing fee which usually isn't that much money and pay for process service. Most likely in Burbank since that is there headquarters. That is probably around 100 or 200 dollars now in Burbank.

After they have been serviced you get to the fun part of telling the world about it. Disney has hit hard times these days in social media circles so there are no shortage of people willing to hammer Disney and your story is one most people will be very sympathetic too. So once your paperwork is in with the court and word gets out in social media, I imagine Disney will reach out to you for a settlement and I suspect they won't be giving you the run around any more. If I were you I would ask for the tickets as well as the money you spent going there in an attempt to fix the problems they created for you.

If you do choose this route, try to have as much paper work as possible and be prepared to actually take them to count and win. Any receipts showing you paid taxes on the tickets as well as any email showing you won the tickets and receipts for all travel associated with you traveling there to the ticket booth. You can never have enough paperwork for court.

By the way, it's crazy mean of them to make you go there when someone at tickets could have just picked up the phone. And you actually paid taxes on those tickets so it sounds pretty sketchy on Disney's part to take them from you. Disney certainty isn't the company they were before Chapek took over.

Buy the Nolo Guide to California Small claims court (25$) if you take this route so for about 250 bucks total, you can take them to court and, from what you've said here, have a good chance of winning. The guide is written in everyday language and it gives you a step by step process to file and win your case so don't be intimidated with this. I used this guide to take Apple to small claims court in San Diego a few years ago and won my case before I even went to court. Just be sure to tell the truth in all matters and do not give up until they make you whole again. Don't let them get away with this trash. Good luck to you.

Last edited:

I don't why they took them, if they're expired no one else can use them, I just wanted them as proof I had them, what if the radio station or Disney wanted to see them, I do still have the bar code numbers off them, but it's their fault for giving me wrong info and wasting my time and money to go there. When I called, the tickets weren't expired just yet, but since it was close to expiring, I wanted to extend them and go later since that's that they said no problem. The manager had the audacity to say since I didn't record the conversation I had to proof they told me that, like really, why would I come all this way.
I am puzzled why they took the physical tickets. Were these the non-refundable/no cash value tickets that you mentioned back in March? I would probably reach out to the radio station to see if they can replace them before going to the president of the resort...

I would call and email the radio station you won them from to see if they could reach out to Disney on your behalf. As you say, you paid taxes so this is no freebie. Not to mention you flew to Anaheim in an attempt to remedy this matter, at your expense, only to be turned away. Personally I wouldn't waste any more time reaching out to Disney. You have already went above and beyond what any customer should have to do. If reaching out to the radio station doesn't help, the only other option I can see is to take Disney to small claims court in your county up north.

If you do choose this route, the deck is really stacked in your favor in California small claims court. Disney is not allowed to hire a attorney to represent them in California small claims court. They are required to send an employee of the company which gets expensive for them and a big hassle. You will need to pay the filing fee which usually isn't that much money and pay for process service. Most likely in Burbank since that is there headquarters. That is probably around 100 or 200 dollars now in Burbank.

After they have been serviced you get to the fun part of telling the world about it. Disney has hit hard times these days in social media circles so there are no shortage of people willing to hammer Disney and your story is one most people will be very sympathetic too. So once your paperwork is in with the court and word gets out in social media, I imagine Disney will reach out to you for a settlement and I suspect they won't be giving you the run around any more. If I were you I would ask for the tickets as well as the money you spent going there in an attempt to fix the problems they created for you.

If you do choose this route, try to have as much paper work as possible and be prepared to actually take them to count and win. Any receipts showing you paid taxes on the tickets as well as any email showing you won the tickets and receipts for all travel associated with you traveling there to the ticket booth. You can never have enough paperwork for court.

By the way, it's crazy mean of them to make you go there when someone at tickets could have just picked up the phone. And you actually paid taxes on those tickets so it sounds pretty sketchy on Disney's part to take them from you. Disney certainty isn't the company they were before Chapek took over.

Buy the Nolo Guide to California Small claims court (25$) if you take this route so for about 250 bucks total, you can take them to court and, from what you've said here, have a good chance of winning. The guide is written in everyday language and it gives you a step by step process to file and win your case so don't be intimidated with this. I used this guide to take Apple to small claims court in San Diego a few years ago and won my case before I even went to court. Just be sure to tell the truth in all matters and do not give up until they make you whole again. Don't let them get away with this trash. Good luck to you.
Thanks for the informative reply, I'm from northern California, don't I need to be in orange county to do all this? And this seem it will take a long time, but I'll look into it.

I don't why they took them, if they're expired no one else can use them, I just wanted them as proof I had them, what if the radio station or Disney wanted to see them, I do still have the bar code numbers off them, but it's their fault for giving me wrong info and wasting my time and money to go there. When I called, the tickets weren't expired just yet, but since it was close to expiring, I wanted to extend them and go later since that's that they said no problem. The manager had the audacity to say since I didn't record the conversation I had to proof they told me that, like really, why would I come all this way.
So, you won the tickets prior to March 2020. Did they expire in March 2022? Goodness knows that Disney is known for giving conflicting information, but all three phone agents said the same thing (change must be made in person - not sure that is even true) and then the actual tickets were confiscated by a manager? Really sounds like something is up with the tickets provided by the radio station...

I still think the best course of action is to explain the situation to the radio station since they provided the prize or to email Disneyland guest services to get a written explanation before you even consider going to court or the media.

Thanks for the informative reply, I'm from northern California, don't I need to be in orange county to do all this? And this seem it will take a long time, but I'll look into it.

No you do not have to do it in OC, you want to do it where you live. The fact that you live hours away makes your case even stronger. It will be a much bigger hassle for Disney. Depending on the courts where you live it will likely take a number of months to go to trial. But the key is serving process on them. Once that happens Disney corporate will very likely take a good hard look at what has transpired and look to make you happy so you stop pursuing the matter. The key here is not to want to go to court, but to have the matter settled in your favor ASAP. In my experience dealing with Apple, they didn't take me serious until they were served process. That is key in when dealing with a large corporation. You have to get their attention and NOTHING does that better than pending legal proceedings. Whatever county you live in, google the county name and small claims court proceedings FAQ. San Diego county courts had a lot of info about the process so your county may as well.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter