Disneyland table service

Hello, seeking feedback for table service recommendations across the resort. In the parks the menus seem disappointing offering only 4 options in some cases? We have 4 people with one being a picky eater , and like all kinds of food except for seafood . Used to WDW and this like culture shock lol. Any recommendations?

We are here now and had dinner at Napa Rose. Now we have eaten here at least 7 or 8 times, some pre pandemic and this was the third time since 2022. By far the meal we had tonight was one of the best we have ever had so although there might not be a ton of options, the quality is amazing.

We are here now and had dinner at Napa Rose. Now we have eaten here at least 7 or 8 times, some pre pandemic and this was the third time since 2022. By far the meal we had tonight was one of the best we have ever had so although there might not be a ton of options, the quality is amazing.
Great to hear! We had one great meal at Napa Rose, and one that was not so great. We have a reservation for next month so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. What did you order?

Great to hear! We had one great meal at Napa Rose, and one that was not so great. We have a reservation for next month so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. What did you order?
We shared the asparagus starter, I had the gnocchi and my sister had the Fazzoletti pasta, and we split the lemon soufflé for dessert.

Everything was really good but the asparagus was amazing.

I don’t get blue bayou - for $60-$75 per head there is a whopping 1 choice for those that don’t eat seafood - prime rib , would it kill the kitchen to add 2-3 more items like a steak or some kind of pasta dish?
I recently ate at Blue Bayou. Lunch and dinner menus are different. Dinner has two steak options (prime rib and filet mignon). The filet is served with crab but I’m sure you could get it without.

There is also a pasta dish (currently sunchoke and pistachio pesto) and the creole roasted chicken is what used to be called jambalaya. It comes with chicken, andouille sausage and shrimp, but I’m sure you can ask them to leave off the shrimp.

The gumbo appetizer is also non-seafood and very tasty!

For what it’s worth I ordered two appetizers for my meal (gumbo and blackened shrimp) and had a beer and that was $40.50 for my meal.

Any sit down will let you bring in outside food for your pickey eater. One of our kids will only eat chicken tenders at DL. So when we go to lamplight or blue bayou we bring them in chicken strips and the rest of us order off the menu.

I don’t get blue bayou - for $60-$75 per head there is a whopping 1 choice for those that don’t eat seafood - prime rib , would it kill the kitchen to add 2-3 more items like a steak or some kind of pasta dish?
You are paying that at Blue Bayou more for the ambiance than food. For us it was worth trying once, but neither the service or food came close to the quality of Carthay Circle.

If you are there on the weekend, I would recommend the Lamplight Lounge brunch.

There’s actually 2 non seafood choices….the prime rib and monte cristo. Unless you have a seafood allergy the creole roasted chicken is good and it’s mostly chicken with a few shrimp. It is supposed to be New Orleans food, which is a bit heavy on the seafood!

There’s actually 2 non seafood choices….the prime rib and monte cristo. Unless you have a seafood allergy the creole roasted chicken is good and it’s mostly chicken with a few shrimp. It is supposed to be New Orleans food, which is a bit heavy on the seafood!
I think the MC is served only at lunch , I’m inclined to skip BB as it just seems like a giant money grab , unless you think the ambience is a can’t miss? Have done San angel , be our guest, Biergarten ,garden grill etc - is it that special ? TY

I think the MC is served only at lunch , I’m inclined to skip BB as it just seems like a giant money grab , unless you think the ambience is a can’t miss? Have done San angel , be our guest, Biergarten ,garden grill etc - is it that special ? TY
I think it is definitely worth going if you've never been. Be sure to get a waterside table (you have to request it in person when you're there, so get there early). You don't have to order a lot of food--I usually split something with my sister or daughter and we also get dessert. For me, it's a can't-miss on my Dec trip. It's not so much the food as the atmosphere. The Basque dessert is delicious, btw!

I love the MC so we usually do lunch. You can't tell it's lunch time when you're inside! There's no way I could eat a whole Monte Cristo.

I think it is definitely worth going if you've never been. Be sure to get a waterside table (you have to request it in person when you're there, so get there early). You don't have to order a lot of food--I usually split something with my sister or daughter and we also get dessert. For me, it's a can't-miss on my Dec trip. It's not so much the food as the atmosphere. The Basque dessert is delicious, btw!

I love the MC so we usually do lunch. You can't tell it's lunch time when you're inside! There's no way I could eat a whole Monte Cristo.
Excellent , thanks for the suggestion

I’m inclined to skip BB as it just seems like a giant money grab , unless you think the ambience is a can’t miss?
Again, if you go into it thinking that it is a money grab, you are going to be disappointed.
I want to sit down and relax/be served
There are limited restaurants where you can sit down, relax and be served. Blue Bayou, Napa Rose and Carthay Circle are all sit down and relax restaurants. They are all pricey.

Besides having a wait person, to me, River Belle, Carnation, Cafe Orleans feel the same as Tiana's Place, Jolly Holiday and Plaza Inn which are all quick service. For the most part, they are crowded outdoor bistro type tables. You hear the hustle and bustle of people in the parks and don't feel separated from the park energy. While they are sit down, I wouldn't say that they are particularly relaxing. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Just since no one else has suggested it, and we generally stay off-site, there are also lots of options for meals close by, particularly if you are done for the day at the park or wanting to take a break. We are always happy to eat some of our meals off-site for greater variety.

We are Magic Key Holders from Northern California so when we go down its usually for a quick overnight or 3 days. We are coming in May with a friend who hasn't been with us. Two are staying offsite and I am staying with my grandson at Disneyland Hotel. We enjoy sit down meals at Naples and Splitsville in DTD. We also like to go to Goofy's kitchen for brunch and Carnation Cafe for dinner. The quick services we enjoy are Earl of Sandwich, Flo's Cafe, Plaza Inn, Naples to go, and black tap. When we are off property we tend to go to Red Robins. When all else fails and we need a good go to we love the corn dogs and to me chicken tenders and fries is always a hit at Disney.

If you are going to be there on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, the Lamplight Lounge brunch is great. We also really like Cafe Orleans. We are longtime WDW vets and I think WDW counter service is generally not great-- no way I could eat it for a whole trip, and I really don't like eating it for a whole day most times. Unlike WDW, DLR has a big local crowd, so the counter service options are much better. One trip we decided to cancel all our dining reservations and just do counter service so we would have more flexibility and it was great. A lot of the menus, both table and counter service have been more limited since 2020, which is annoying, but there are still some good options.

Hello, seeking feedback for table service recommendations across the resort. In the parks the menus seem disappointing offering only 4 options in some cases? We have 4 people with one being a picky eater , and like all kinds of food except for seafood . Used to WDW and this like culture shock lol. Any recommendations?
Riverbelle Terrace has a nice "brunch" menu. The American Breakfast was really good. Being keto/carnivore, it was easy to give the potatoes, etc to others in my party and focus on my eggs, sausage and bacon. Service was fantastic and the chef came to our table to give my daughters a recipe!

For picky eaters I like to go to sanfransokyo square. Mexican, asian and aunt cass cafe share a seating area. Everyone can get what they want on mobile order.

In DL we often sit at plaza inn and if someone wants Coke corner, red corn dog wagon or jolly holiday they can grab it.

For picky eaters I like to go to sanfransokyo square. Mexican, asian and aunt cass cafe share a seating area. Everyone can get what they want on mobile order.

In DL we often sit at plaza inn and if someone wants Coke corner, red corn dog wagon or jolly holiday they can grab it.

Love this advice , sounds easy to please all

Sometimes my picky eater just wants Mickey pretzels. lol. So we get counter service and he gets pretzels. Everyone is happy.

On the picky eater note, he usually can find something he likes at wine country trattoria, lamplight lounge, carnation and Carthay. Although he sometimes orders off the kid menu, even though he’s a 6ft tall 14 year old, they bring him an adult portion and charge more money. For instance at lamplight they bring him a double order of the Mac n cheese and charge us about double the price. They would not do that at blue bayou, which we found odd and disappointing that it is not the same policy at all the table service restaurants. Disney can be so inconsistent. We haven’t eaten at Carthay in awhile as they have pretty much priced us out. $70 for steak is too much x4. I would only consider it now for a very special occasion.

Our last couple trips we have realized that it’s just easier to not have dining reservations. We can usually all mobile order what we want. Sometimes our picky eater gets a corn dog and then we will grab something at rancho del zocalo or jolly holiday. Then find a table and all eat together.

Earl is a huge hit in our family. We ate there daily on our trip in November. Naples is one table service that we almost always eat at in DTD. It’s consistently good and we all like pizza. Plus they have pasta too, for the picky eater.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter