Disneyland table service

Sometimes my picky eater just wants Mickey pretzels. lol. So we get counter service and he gets pretzels. Everyone is happy.

On the picky eater note, he usually can find something he likes at wine country trattoria, lamplight lounge, carnation and Carthay. Although he sometimes orders off the kid menu, even though he’s a 6ft tall 14 year old, they bring him an adult portion and charge more money. For instance at lamplight they bring him a double order of the Mac n cheese and charge us about double the price. They would not do that at blue bayou, which we found odd and disappointing that it is not the same policy at all the table service restaurants. Disney can be so inconsistent. We haven’t eaten at Carthay in awhile as they have pretty much priced us out. $70 for steak is too much x4. I would only consider it now for a very special occasion.

Our last couple trips we have realized that it’s just easier to not have dining reservations. We can usually all mobile order what we want. Sometimes our picky eater gets a corn dog and then we will grab something at rancho del zocalo or jolly holiday. Then find a table and all eat together.

Earl is a huge hit in our family. We ate there daily on our trip in November. Naples is one table service that we almost always eat at in DTD. It’s consistently good and we all like pizza. Plus they have pasta too, for the picky eater.
LOL your 14 yo sounds like my 15yo

For picky eaters I like to go to sanfransokyo square. Mexican, asian and aunt cass cafe share a seating area. Everyone can get what they want on mobile order.
Love this advice , sounds easy to please all
I was going to suggest that area earlier in this thread, since it's like a "food court" with multiple cuisine options in close proximity. But then I remembered that you wanted table service restaurants, so I didn't mention San Fransokyo. Is that no longer the case? Because if you're open to counter service food, that opens up many more possibilities for your family.

Didn't think there was a need to start a new thread so maybe here is the right spot for this question.

Does Disneyland do the same thing as WDW in terms of booking restaurants for the entirety of your stay if you're on property?

Staying at GC in June and want to reserve Blue Bayou for one of the nights. We arrive on a Monday, would I be able to book for Wednesday when I get to the 60 days from that Monday?

Thanks.

Didn't think there was a need to start a new thread so maybe here is the right spot for this question.

Does Disneyland do the same thing as WDW in terms of booking restaurants for the entirety of your stay if you're on property?

Staying at GC in June and want to reserve Blue Bayou for one of the nights. We arrive on a Monday, would I be able to book for Wednesday when I get to the 60 days from that Monday?

Thanks.

Nope. You have to book each day separately, 60 days from the date you want to book.

I was going to suggest that area earlier in this thread, since it's like a "food court" with multiple cuisine options in close proximity. But then I remembered that you wanted table service restaurants, so I didn't mention San Fransokyo. Is that no longer the case? Because if you're open to counter service food, that opens up many more possibilities for your family.

Thank you , we were considering one quick serve and one table service per day but we may need to consider doing 3-4 table service and the rest quick service .

LOL your 14 yo sounds like my 15yo
Sometimes he surprises us and eats something we didn’t think he would eat. Lol. Like last year we got a steak gumbo in a bread bowl. It was spicier than I anticipated and I thought for sure he wouldn’t eat it. But he ate the entire thing. Plus the bread bowl. Then wanted the rest of mine. 😂🤣

Stage door cafe has both a corn dog and chicken tenders. He likes both and that is always a win for him if we get him food there. Lol.

Also, not sure when you are going and if Earl of sandwich will move from their current location. But we order online as we are walking there and then just pick up on arrival.

Also, not sure when you are going and if Earl of sandwich will move from their current location. But we order online as we are walking there and then just pick up on arrival.
Im really hoping this is still an option when I’m there in May. I am looking forward to the holiday Turkey sandwich. Kind of bummed that it will be at the far end of DTD. The current location is so much more convenient.

The menus are definitely limited at DLR compared to WDW. That being said, we just got back from a week at WDW where we did all the parks for the first time. We had constantly heard about how amazing the food is but to be honest I found almost all the restaurants to be mediocre at best. BOG was a standout for being very good and Gasparilla was a standout for being so bad as to make us throw it out instead of eating. I agree with @LKing that the quick service at DLR is much better than WDW.

If you want good table service at DLR, you should always hit up Blue Bayou. What it lacks in food quality it makes up tenfold in ambiance. Carthay is definitely good but I personally didn't find my meal to be amazing. I also didn't like how slobby everyone seems to dress when going there. Maybe it's being in the south, but I definitely appreciated how people seemed to dress up a little to go to the nicer table service restaurants in WDW.
I agree re: Carthay Circle. The food was pretty good but not awesome; the ambience was great, but the fact that people were so dressed down made it less special for me. That and the fact that people were so oblivious to their overly tired, misbehaving kids. If I'm spending that kind of $$, I want the whole experience. I do like the bar there, though.

Best meal in DLR is Chef's Table at Napa Rose. People are still casual, but at least they're not sweaty and the kids are better behaved. Or Napa Rose in general.

Blue Bayou is our other must-do. Casual and sweaty doesn't bother me there. It's supposed to be in a bayou in New Orleans, after all. :)

I think the only must-do Table Service is Napa Rose, honestly. Blue Bayou and Carthay have spectacular ambience but uneven food quality. I like Cafe Orleans specifically for the pomme frites and monte cristo (and mint julep with free refills).

Otherwise, there's a lot of great counter service that shouldn't be overlooked. This past October was the first trip to DLR where I only did counter service and I was more than happy with what I ate. The counter service variety is a feature, not a bug, and should be treated as such. SFS had a lot of great options IMO, if you want to zero in on one specific area, though it gets very crowded, and Plaza Inn's fried chicken is a reliable standby.

There aren't as many options on the menus as I would like, and some of my favorites haven't returned since covid, but I've also been pleasantly surprised by most of what I've tried in the meantime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter