• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland to UCSB, shuttle to LAX?

Sun_soakin

Mouseketeer
My son will need to leave our trip early to head back to school. Amtrak is an option but he’d have to leave earlier and it takes a long time. I’m debating a late night direct flight from LAX. What are the shuttle options from DL to LAX? Better options I’m missing? I guess one of us could drive him up but that would be a hassle…

My son will need to leave our trip early to head back to school. Amtrak is an option but he’d have to leave earlier and it takes a long time. I’m debating a late night direct flight from LAX. What are the shuttle options from DL to LAX? Better options I’m missing? I guess one of us could drive him up but that would be a hassle…
SB Airbus is a great option! They depart every 1.5-2 hours or so. You can reserve a spot online. There is a drop off in Goleta. They go both ways to and from LAX and Goleta/SB.

SB Airbus is a great option! They depart every 1.5-2 hours or so. You can reserve a spot online. There is a drop off in Goleta. They go both ways to and from LAX and Goleta/SB.
That is perfect!! I knew I was missing something. Are there popular shuttles from DL to LAX too?

That is perfect!! I knew I was missing something. Are there popular shuttles from DL to LAX too?
I’m not sure about shuttles from DL to LAX, sorry! You may have to drive him to LAX, but at least that’s only an hour each way instead of 3+ hours each way to UCSB. For SB Airbus, choose the Goleta drop off location because that will put your son closest to UCSB.

Typically, we will rent a car from Alamo near Disneyland and drive to LAX.

I’m not sure about shuttles from DL to LAX, sorry! You may have to drive him to LAX, but at least that’s only an hour each way instead of 3+ hours each way to UCSB. For SB Airbus, choose the Goleta drop off location because that will put your son closest to UCSB.

Typically, we will rent a car from Alamo near Disneyland and drive to LAX.
Ok, sounds like we should just drive him to LAX (we’ll have our car). Thx for all the input. Good to know about the airbus, it will be useful for him to get comfortable with since I’m sure he’ll need to fly out of LAX in the future. So helpful!

In terms of ease/flexibility;
  1. Rent a car
  2. train
  3. bus (because you still need to get to LAX to take it)
  4. fly
"Fly" would be a long shot because you are confined by Southwest's schedule and the SB airport is small - could be there are no late-night flights that are any more convenient than the train times. Also you said "LAX". I assume you already checked the schedule for flights out of SNA and LGB (maybe even ONT - not much further than LAX).

Could even check the ride board at UCSB (assuming there is such a thing anymore).

GO GAUCHOS!

In terms of ease/flexibility;
  1. Rent a car
  2. train
  3. bus (because you still need to get to LAX to take it)
  4. fly
"Fly" would be a long shot because you are confined by Southwest's schedule and the SB airport is small - could be there are no late-night flights that are any more convenient than the train times. Also you said "LAX". I assume you already checked the schedule for flights out of SNA and LGB (maybe even ONT - not much further than LAX).

Could even check the ride board at UCSB (assuming there is such a thing anymore).

GO GAUCHOS!
Oddly SW isn’t flying direct to SB from any of the LA airports. United has a late night route direct from LAX that might be a bit faster than the airbus but probably not worth the extra cost. It’s summer, so probably not as many peeps going back and forth right now but definitely a good suggestion. Thx!

Oddly SW isn’t flying direct to SB from any of the LA airports. United has a late night route direct from LAX that might be a bit faster than the airbus but probably not worth the extra cost. It’s summer, so probably not as many peeps going back and forth right now but definitely a good suggestion. Thx!
Oh, I was assuming DS was making some sort of late-night connection in likely LAS to get to Santa Barbara. Surprised you found a direct on United.

BTW - my DS is starting his JR year at UCSB. It's been...what we expected. Good and bad. We go up to see him fairly regularly but rarely stay overnight - just too expensive. It's too bad because I was really excited about making trips up there when he decided to go. The round-trip day trips are just not what I was expecting.

Oh, I was assuming DS was making some sort of late-night connection in likely LAS to get to Santa Barbara. Surprised you found a direct on United.

BTW - my DS is starting his JR year at UCSB. It's been...what we expected. Good and bad. We go up to see him fairly regularly but rarely stay overnight - just too expensive. It's too bad because I was really excited about making trips up there when he decided to go. The round-trip day trips are just not what I was expecting.
Same! I love SB and encouraged him to pick that school, but get too busy w/ other things to spend extra time there. It’s a 4 hr drive (south) for us, so he usually just takes the train back/forth. United also runs direct routes to SFO.

Same! I love SB and encouraged him to pick that school, but get too busy w/ other things to spend extra time there. It’s a 4 hr drive (south) for us, so he usually just takes the train back/forth. United also runs direct routes to SFO.
You are 4 hours north - South Bay area? DW is from Pleasanton and we both went to CPSLO. I miss it like a drowning man misses a breath of fresh air.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter