Disneyland Trip 06 Day 2

disneegrl4eva

DIS Veteran
Cast: Lynn (that’s me) self proclaimed Disneyland Princess 40, DD, Tiffany 19, Chrissy, my best friend in the whole world 37, her DD’s Heather 15, and Sarah 12

Day 2...Sunday March 12

Sarah and I were up and out of the room by 7:30am as the park opened at 8..the rest of the lazy group were to come later...we stopped off at the deli for coffee, hot chocolate and a cookie for Sarah..when we were in line at the park, a couple of the cm’s were getting everybody pumped up for the gate opening as this wasnt an EE day and we did the 10 second countdown...way cool..when we got in the park we headed over to the news stand to get Sarah an autograph book and pen...Then it was on to the rides...we did SM, ST, BTMR, all of Fantasyland except for tea cups and alice...and IJ...it was very overcast and sprinkled off and on until late afternoon but it was very cold and the park wasnt crowded at all.. by the time Sarah and I had finished the rides, the rest of the girls were there but I was hungry so we went over to the red wagon and got corn dogs, chips and soda...then we rode same rides over again except for the rides in Fantasyland...the girls begged to go over to CA so we did and rode ToT, soarin, and they rode Maliboomer and Screamin...by this time it was getting close to our 5pm ps at The Vineyard Room so we made our way over there and gave the girls $$ and sent them on their way...while we were waiting to be called, we went over to the Terrace Wine Tasting bar and got a drink. Chrissy had some White Zin and I had a bottle of the Sanford Brut Champagne which was very good...it was $7.50 for a little bottle and they give you a plastic champagne flute so you get about 3 glasses...not bad...the White Zin was about $5.50 a glass (pretty small one at that)...The Terrace bar is connected to the Wine Country Trattoria restaurant and has seating outside and inside...on the side, between the restaurant and bar are steps that lead up to the Vineyard Room..main thing to point out about the VR is that it is outside!!...we were freezing and had no idea it was an outside restaurant...great view of the Block Party parade but it was freeeeezing...they put us at a table with a heat lamp so that helped a little...the way this works is on the 3 course meal you get to pick from the first, then second course and dessert...however, being diabetic, I asked about my options and was told that for $5 more I could have first and second course plus one of the specialties of the house instead of the dessert. so both of us chose that...for our first course Chrissy chose the Wine Country Platter..it had 2biters of beet salad, purple potatoes, some field greens salad but I cant remember anything else..wasnt that appetizing to me...I, on the other hand, had the Parma Prosciutto and was that ever delicious...It was several pieces of thinly sliced Prosciutto with parmesian cheese on top and sweet diced cantaloupe and green melon all served with bruschetta toast points..we decided to do the wine pairing with our dinner and we let our server decide for us as to which wine to go with what...she was fabulous and definitely knew her job...next they served us various sliced breads with a compote of diced tomatoes, mozarella, and whole basil leaves..again very good...2nd course we both got shrimp with a barbeque type sauce on it...our specialty dish, we both decided on Grappa Oregano Marinated Ribeye Steak....they served 3 round pieces and it was served with roasted potatoes and a to die for cauliflower gratin...and over the meat and potatoes they put a cabernet sauce...now I am not a red wine fan because most of the time I drink it, I find it to be very dry but I decided to be in my servers hands and she again made a fabulous choice...so much so that we decided to get the cheese platter and I drank the red wine with that as well...I cant remember all the cheese but my favorite was the brie...the served it with different breads and a tray of various dried fruits like, apricots, figs (yum with the brie), and currents...we barely touched the cheese platter as we were pretty full but hey, you only live once right? The bill was pretty hefty and with tip I rounded it out to an even $200 but it was well worth it...by the time I left out of there I was no longer cold haha and we ran down to the bar again and got another champagne and white zin lol...then we were ready to conquer the rest of CA...rode ToT a couple more times and headed over to the DL...my dd didnt want to go so she went back to the hotel (party pooper) by this time it was getting on 9 so while the girls went to ride some more I decided to go over to position myself so I could stake my claim for the 10:30 Fantasmic show like I always do lol...I sat over at the River Belle Terrace Restaurant and also watched the fireworks...when everyone got up to leave I headed over to the roped off are near my usual spot to wait until they let us go through...when they dropped the rope I went over to my favorite spot right across from the stage or whatever you want to call it..I have to tell you that people get so vicious at that point...Im there trying to put out my blanket for my group and other people are looking mad because they want to sit right up on top of you...anyways, just a couple minutes later, Chrissy calls to find out where I am and I guess she accidentally ran into a stroller, an empty one I might add and she said sorry but the lady started cursing her and tried to run her over with the stroller but ended up hitting heather in the leg...then to make matters worse, the lady picked up the stroller and was going to throw it at Chrissy...I guess some people grabbed her and the stroller to avoid further confrontation...so thanks go out to those people because Chrissy would have hurt that woman bad and it would have ended up terrible...so anyway needless to say Chrissy was not in a very good mood but she finally found me and people were nice enough to let her through but we were pretty cramped and uncomfortable...the show was good as usual...I noticed a change...1. the water doesnt spray too much like it used to and the fire doesnt come out too far anymore...but it was still awesome as usual...after the show we made our way back to Main St and stopped at the Coke corner for pretzels and cokes...Ive always had the mickey shaped pretzel but this time I decided to get the jalapeno cheese pretzel and I was hooked...I didnt even get a Mickey pretzel the whole time...Im pretty sure its stuffed with cream cheese and its really good...we only waited for the bus for about 5 minutes and we were back at the hotel ...everybody fell to sleep straight away except for me and Tiff so we watched tv and then I fell to sleep pretty quick...it was a fun but tiring day....

Day 3 to come

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter