Disneyland Twitter vs Universal

Wesley815

DIS Veteran
Apologies if this was brought up before; but Disneyland is facing some backlash regarding this tweet, and I have to agree. They quoted an OC Register newspaper article about Universal costing more 'per ride' than Disney, which is true, yes- but just the style of post/marketing from official Disney account seems odd.

Added screenshot in case park deletes original post.

Last edited:
Yeah. Some brands, like Wendy’s, have had good success with a sassy and aggressive Twitter account. That’s really doesn’t seem like a good approach for Disney, though.

And on this particular issue, I’d guess Six Flags Magic Mtn has them all beat (cheap tickets, lots of rides), so it’s not exactly the best flex.

I didn’t see the big deal. Disney responded to an article. Whoa!!!! Not a big deal in my eyes. I could care less of what each park thinks of the other.

I didn’t see the big deal. Disney responded to an article. Whoa!!!! Not a big deal in my eyes. I could care less of what each park thinks of the other.
I understand it’s not exactly a big deal, but more so the principle of it. Disney always seemed to take the high road and not resort to desperate tweets.

This is like if the US which has had the most COVID cases of any country went around bragging that it's better than Belgium which has had more cases per capita.

Disney needs to deal with its own problems rather than try to point fingers at a competitor.

This is like if the US which has had the most COVID cases of any country went around bragging that it's better than Belgium which has had more cases per capita.

Disney needs to deal with its own problems rather than try to point fingers at a competitor.
Yes we certainly know that…they need to clean their house before they go looking at someone else’s. It seems as though (speaking strictly from what I read on these boards ) Disney doesn’t know what it should do to create a better park experience, they are just interested in making back those millions that were lost during the shutdown. They will continue the “shutting down rides” shuffle when there isn’t adequate staff, certain eateries will close, who knows when WOC and Fantasmic will come back and people will continue supporting them by paying more while receiving less. Believe I’m gonna take a pass…

It would have worked as a independent tweet, or something along these lines. Not as a reaction to the article.

Yes we certainly know that…they need to clean their house before they go looking at someone else’s. It seems as though (speaking strictly from what I read on these boards ) Disney doesn’t know what it should do to create a better park experience, they are just interested in making back those millions that were lost during the shutdown. They will continue the “shutting down rides” shuffle when there isn’t adequate staff, certain eateries will close, who knows when WOC and Fantasmic will come back and people will continue supporting them by paying more while receiving less. Believe I’m gonna take a pass…

I find it difficult to believe that Disney doesn't know. Newspapers around the country have run articles about how Magic Keyholders are not happy with how they have done reservations yet the situation persists. It should be clear that guests want entertainment back, are not happy with the constant price increases and have not been satisfied with current levels of service. It seems to me that Disney has decided that the cost savings are more important than guest experience. In recent years, whenever Disney has done something controversial whether in the parks or other parts of the business, I feel like their attitude has always been "Disney knows best and the customers should love everything we do just because we're Disney". We'll see how well that works once Magic Key renewal season comes around.

Continue their phased reopening? Did anything new open on the 21st? Did shows come back? Fantasmic? World of Color? Genie+? Bread service??? 🧐

Continue their phased reopening? Did anything new open on the 21st? Did shows come back? Fantasmic? World of Color? Genie+? Bread service??? 🧐

The monorail came back recently. And the new Holiday shop opened on Main Street on the 21st.

They are taking this reopening to new heights of slow.

The monorail came back recently. And the new Holiday shop opened on Main Street on the 21st.

They are taking this reopening to new heights of slow.
Good call, I forgot how lucky I am to be in line right now for the monorail!

People often talk about “Disney tweeted x” or “the Company did y.” In the world of social media, at a company similar in size to Disney, we used to keep our Twitter locked down but then the bureaucracy to get anything out there was unworkable. Now, it is possible for a manager to be empowered on their own to tweet something as long as its within guidelines. Perhaps there’s just a manager that needs to receive some feedback on their judgment, that’s all.

I don’t take everything on social media as “the company” saying X anymore, after my own experiences in a similar situation. But I would agree such a tweet probably doesnt meet Disney’s own brand guidelines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter