Disneyland weather in March? Opinions please!

Daisybelle

I'm just happy to be here
I'm looking to book a trip for early March next year. :cool1: That's a time of year I've never been to DLR and I'm curious what the weather is typically like. I'm not looking for perfect So Cal weather, just an idea if sunshine will occur. I live in the Pacific Northwest so that time of year is very rainy and dark here. I don't mind cooler weather and some drizzle on vacation but hoping to encounter sunshine for at least a reasonable part of it. Is that unrealistic?

I'd figure beautiful and pleasant. I went late Feb/early March in 2016 and had a day of crazy rain then nice weather after that. I think the rain was an anomaly.

We went March 5-12, 2016. We had torrential downpours almost every night (overnight), one really rainy day, a couple sprinkles during the day a couple times, and a high of 65-70 most days. I think it's a crap shoot.

I'd figure beautiful and pleasant. I went late Feb/early March in 2016 and had a day of crazy rain then nice weather after that. I think the rain was an anomaly.

Let me qualify this by saying I deal with Texas weather, so CA weather is wonderful by default.

I'm looking to book a trip for early March next year. :cool1: That's a time of year I've never been to DLR and I'm curious what the weather is typically like. I'm not looking for perfect So Cal weather, just an idea if sunshine will occur. I live in the Pacific Northwest so that time of year is very rainy and dark here. I don't mind cooler weather and some drizzle on vacation but hoping to encounter sunshine for at least a reasonable part of it. Is that unrealistic?
"Detailed Weather Data for DLR" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=23004158

It's typically pretty nice weather-wise. Maybe some rain, especially if that El Nino the forecasters are talking about happens, but it won't be anything like where you're from more than likely. But, the second half of March tends to get crowded with spring break crowds, which I find to be almost as bad as winter holiday crowds...so, there's that to consider.

I'm a wimp when it comes to cold weather, so I find March a little on the chilly side. How you view the weather will depend on your tolerance. I don't feel like rain is uncommon during that month. I've been here 3 years and it's always been rainy and gloomy then (I remember this b/c my bday is in March and can't ever do outdoor things for it).

Thank you to everyone who commented! It sounds like @Cal-Pie summed it up best by saying it's a crap shoot. Well, I will hope for some sunshine in there somewhere! :cool2:

Thank you to everyone who commented! It sounds like @Cal-Pie summed it up best by saying it's a crap shoot. Well, I will hope for some sunshine in there somewhere! :cool2:
I'm going to roll the dice again and go March 9-12 next year. The kids have a little school break, and it's so nice to go a bit before most of the spring breakers arrive. Whatever weather we just, I'm sure it will be better than the snow at home;).

I'm going to roll the dice again and go March 9-12 next year. The kids have a little school break, and it's so nice to go a bit before most of the spring breakers arrive. Whatever weather we just, I'm sure it will be better than the snow at home;).
We have a little break that same weekend, and were planning on doing our girls' trip then. But looking at hotel rates - WOW! Assuming you can get anything even close to walking distance, it's more than $300/night. Somehow, I just don't think that's in the cards.

The Natural Products Expo makes hotel prices skyrocket, unfortunately. I've got reservations at Grand Legacy, with the early bird discount. The only others I've seen that haven't completely jacked up rates were Hojo & Candy Cane.

The Natural Products Expo makes hotel prices skyrocket, unfortunately. I've got reservations at Grand Legacy, with the early bird discount. The only others I've seen that haven't completely jacked up rates were Hojo & Candy Cane.
Yeah, I guess $229/night at HoJo isn't awful (especially when you figure the DisBoard discount) - still, considering that we stayed at Grand Legacy a month ago for $147, it's a little hard to swallow.

We live in SoCal but March is the month we usually do a 3 day weekend trip.
It really is unpredictable but you are safest mid to late March.

This year we went the first weekend of March and it was pouring. I recall another year, it did the same. It was late February/early March plus dapper day. It poured one evening and then beautiful the next day.

It can easily be rainy one night and then sunny the next. And that sunny day is absolutely beautiful. Clean crisp air.

We went at the end of December and it was actually super cold in the morning, (I'm talking light jacket over a hoodie and a scarf and still being cold), then SUPER hot during the day and were forced to carry around all this outerwear crap because it was cold before BUT THEN being happy we brought them because it got super cold at night. In other words, Good Luck!

We went at the end of December and it was actually super cold in the morning, (I'm talking light jacket over a hoodie and a scarf and still being cold), then SUPER hot during the day and were forced to carry around all this outerwear crap because it was cold before BUT THEN being happy we brought them because it got super cold at night. In other words, Good Luck!

I have a feeling that will be an exact summation of our trip too. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter