• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland

CHOPR

"God I love baseball" The Natural
We have been to WDW many times and usually do a 5-7 day hopper. Yes, were still at the commando stage :earseek: While we have never been to DL a 3 day hopper seems to be more than enough. Is this sufficient in Oct/06. I would really like to do more L.A. things for the rest of the trip.

3 days is pretty good. DL has more attractions that MK and combined with DCA, it's pretty close to the same amount of attractions in all 4 WDW parks. You might find that 3 days aren't enough. Also, DL's shows are better than anything in WDW, so make time for those.

it depends on your group and how you go about the parks. I travel with my dd 5 and we take our time and take breaks in the afternoon. Last year we were there 4 and 1/2 days and did not see everything we wanted to. If you are commando's who go open to close and go quickly, that may be enough, however, if you like a slower pace, it will not be.

We are commandos too, and for us 3 days never feels like enough. And thats after 9 trips to Disneyland! We have done 3 day trips and leave feeling like we were too rushed and missed some things. We have done 5 and 6 day trips and like those best, but you can't always take that much time! I agree, make sure you see the shows, Aladdin is incredible as well as many other live acts and shows. And don't skip rides that have counterparts in WDW. In almost all cases, Disneyland's versions are better, POC in particular. Good luck with your planning.

Well, since you're going during a slower time of the year for DL, three days could be enough. I'd spend 2 days at DL and one at DCA. I believe the 50th anniversary will be over by then, so hopefully the huge crowds will be over by then too! :sunny:

We've always gone at a off-season, low attendance time...it seems that no matter how much time we allow in parks, it's never enough. We're always so sad on our last day and think of things we'd like to ride/see again. We are also huge fans of DCA, so that helps too. We usually do the 3-day park hopper, did the 4 day this time. 4 day allowed us to leave in the busier afternoons and still do everything we wanted.

We made our first visit to DL last summer with 3 day hoppers. We go pretty much commando...only took a break 1 day and we had been at the gate by 6:45am that day (7:00 am ee).

While we got most of the highlights done, there were a handful of "maybes" on our list that we would have liked to have done. I still hear from my kids how we didnt do Splash Mt or the Astro Orbiters. I missed the Storyland Canal Boats, and would have liked to have done Peter Pan. There were a few more too. I think if I had to do a first visit again, I would go for 4 day hoppers and try to take it a bit slower...maybe do some things twice, etc... We didnt really "smell the roses".

Ofcourse I think that because its usually the amount of time I go for!lol May I suggest you try Ridemax? That is a FANTASTIC program that allows you to see everything you want at the parks in an orderly fashion and at whatever pace you pick.I went last year at peak time in August with huge crowds and had a great experience thanks to Ridemax. I usually do 2 days at DL and then 1 and California Adventure.

I dont know if you plan on going to Downtown Disney but its very close to DL and much more condensed than WDW DD. Personally I thought the DD at DL was much more family friendly and worth the time. We usually go to DD the night before we start the parks just to see everything, hang out and listen to the music. My kids love the Lego store there as well. Its free admission, right next to DL and much smaller so worth the time for an evening. Also you can see the fireworks from there too.

Also if your planning on other sites around CA you might want to look into the City pass. It includes 3 day hoppers, Universal studios, Sea World and a choice of another San Diego attraction. Last year it included Knotts berry farm but Im glad their changing it to Universal for next year. Universal costs more to enter and there are always such great deals for Knotts that its a better bargain this way.

Thank you for all the replies. I may not be giving DL enough credit believing we could do it in 3 days. :confused3 I have a DW who must see everything. It can be frustrating at times. :earseek: We will be staying at either GC or DLH for 7 nights using points ,so I guess we should do at least the 4 day hopper. The kids are now used to WDW every year so this should be a nice change-- what, there's another Disney!? :cool1: :banana: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter