Disneyland's Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique

When we did our photo shoot I simply gave them my photopass card when we went into the little back room. They automatically put all the photos on my photopass card during our session. I also purchased the smallest package of printed photos that I could at the time.

That's what they did/told me twice and the pictures never showed up automatically. :confused3 And the second time they even had to retake the whole shoot because something was off.

we did this today at DLR. My dd is just turning 3 and she loved it! We did the full package including the photo package. All the photos were put on photopass. Our fgit was pretty good, she was very nice and calm which was good for my somewhat shy dd. She did go a bit crazy with the gel which tended to flake up as the day progressed. My dd's hair is very dark so I kept blowing it/ brushing it off with my fingers for the rest of the day.

The only disappointing part was that they were out of nail polish so my dd did not get to do that. She loves to have her nails painted so she was a little bummed but got over it quickly enough.

Used my brand new premium AP for a 20% discount which soothed the sting of the price tag a bit. On the way out we got the photopass guy to snap some pix of dd in front of the castle then headed over to ariel's grotto for a very nice lunch with the princesses.

Overall it was a great experience, highly recommend. princess:

What time did you schedule her BBB appointment to time it well before Ariel's Grotto princess lunch??

That's what they did/told me twice and the pictures never showed up automatically. :confused3 And the second time they even had to retake the whole shoot because something was off.

It sounds like a glitch of some kind, but it's odd that it happened twice for you. Ours was so easy and the photos were with no issues at all...

What time did you schedule her BBB appointment to time it well before Ariel's Grotto princess lunch??

We did our appts first thing in the morning, 9, 9:10 & 9:20, but when we all checked in at 9 they did us all at the same time. What time is your lunch? I would suggest giving it 2.5 hours to get completely done at BBB, to do the photos and then head over to DCA & AG.

our appt was at 9, lunch at 11:45. But by the time I got into the park, took the few mins to get my AP pic done and walked back to BBB it was 9:30. Fortunately they were still able to take us right away but the whole process is pretty slow --in a good way, they really took time with my dd and didn't rush anything --and my dd had to take a potty break before we did the pix. We ended up with plenty of time to watch a short mickey performance in front of the castle, do a character meet with a couple princesses who were standing near the castle and then make the pretty long walk all the way over to ariel's. We got there at 11:35 or so, just in time to check in!

It was a good timeline but could have been done more quickly --2 hrs --if time was an issue!

It sounds like a glitch of some kind, but it's odd that it happened twice for you. Ours was so easy and the photos were with no issues at all...

Well, you had kids involved, right? ;)

The Fairy Godmothers in Training did seem a little surprised an adult wanted to do the photo package both times. :laughing:

Well, you had kids involved, right? ;)

The Fairy Godmothers in Training did seem a little surprised an adult wanted to do the photo package both times. :laughing:

Yes, I had the girls getting done, but I was done as well. They did seem a little surprised that the "queen" was getting done as well but it was after all, MY bday. lol I don't know, I guess I just don't think it should matter if kids are involved or not, why can't adults get a makeover and have photos done too. :) I loved it when I had it done, I know you did too! :)

our appt was at 9, lunch at 11:45. But by the time I got into the park, took the few mins to get my AP pic done and walked back to BBB it was 9:30. Fortunately they were still able to take us right away but the whole process is pretty slow --in a good way, they really took time with my dd and didn't rush anything --and my dd had to take a potty break before we did the pix. We ended up with plenty of time to watch a short mickey performance in front of the castle, do a character meet with a couple princesses who were standing near the castle and then make the pretty long walk all the way over to ariel's. We got there at 11:35 or so, just in time to check in!

It was a good timeline but could have been done more quickly --2 hrs --if time was an issue!

We did our appts first thing in the morning, 9, 9:10 & 9:20, but when we all checked in at 9 they did us all at the same time. What time is your lunch? I would suggest giving it 2.5 hours to get completely done at BBB, to do the photos and then head over to DCA & AG.

Thanks ladies! I will plan for AT LEAST 2 hours difference then! We are going in June but BBB & AG are our top must dos!!! So I want to make sure to jump on it right when I can call. I can't remember now... is it 60 days ahead to schedule both? Thank you! :)

Yes, I had the girls getting done, but I was done as well. They did seem a little surprised that the "queen" was getting done as well but it was after all, MY bday. lol I don't know, I guess I just don't think it should matter if kids are involved or not, why can't adults get a makeover and have photos done too. :) I loved it when I had it done, I know you did too! :)

They haven't treated us any worse (this year my room mate had an appointment too), but yeah, you can dedinitely tell they are surprised.

The FGM that did my hair in 2009 was there in 2010 too, and she even remembered that I had a different hair color the year before.:laughing:
Seems adults do stick out for them.

I thought I saw some where that the dressing rooms open with the blue birds. Here im seeing its the mirror with the blue birds. Is it both or just the mirror. Also I plan to get a dress and bring it with us with any other item I bring or let her pick out there. Would they let her change in the dressing room still? I dont plan to tell her that shes going until we get there.

Does anyone know the prices, I'm thinking about my 16 year old having her hair done, what do you think? Is there anything else she can have done besides her hair?

Hello all. Question for you, as always in this long thread it may have been answered, but searching for it I don't find a similar question, so here it goes....

My daughter got the Crown package, and still all the items on the receipts are itemized out. Is it possible to go in and say NOT get the pink bag? That would save $14 and make the whole experience more reasonably priced! Anyone try this or know the answer?

After re reading my post I didn't phrase my question well, what I mean't to say was are the prices for adults the same as kids? I don't think my 16 year old DD will be into the sash etc.

After re reading my post I didn't phrase my question well, what I mean't to say was are the prices for adults the same as kids? I don't think my 16 year old DD will be into the sash etc.

Yes, the adult price is the same as for kids.

I've got my sash up framed in a collage and gave the little backpack to a girl in our neighborhood. She was very thrilled to get a gift from Cinderella.

I am hoping to treat myself to this on the day of the first Halloween Party. They offered it for the European cruises on the Disney Magic last year and I had this done on our Transatlantic cruise on one of the formal nights. I am
having the costume custom made. I will have this dress, but in baby pink:

PrincessDress.jpg

And those shoes in baby pink and white:

Princessshoes.jpg

I can't wait. I am determined to do the Photopass CD this time round and it will be great to have some photos taken during the make over. They did not offer photos on the Magic. I also think I am going to invest in the photo package.

Corinna

Oh, I am hoping for a 3 pm appointment. As the party in question is on a Friday, you can only enter the park with the party ticket at 4 pm. I will have an annual pass so getting in won't be a problem. Do you think anybody will object me entering the park in my dress at about 2:30 pm? I really do not want to bring a change of clothes.

Corinna

I though I'd share our recent BBB experience for other newbies debating it. I brought a Belle dress from home and comfy shoes for DD5 and made a reservation for the mid-range package with nail polish (though they told me they weren't sure if they would have nail polish so i would have to ask that day). DD5 picked out the pink hairpiece and pink tiara but got silver/blue nail polish. She was beaming the whole time and loved being pampered. At one point, we had one FGIT doing her hair and one FGIT doing her nails! The Photopass photographer was so friendly and nice, too.

I will say it is a bit crowded in the salon area. Every seat was full and the aisles are narrow so folks kept walking by us as I tried to take photos, too. Still, I think we were very focused on enjoying the experience with DD5 so it was fine. We kept DD2 busy with a movie on my iPhone and some goldfish crackers!

DD5 wore her dress all day (Sept weather was in the 70s so not too hot). I took the bun out that evening, though, as I was worried about the gel issue/hair loss. I read about several girls whose hair fell out from the bun being too tightly pulled back on a thread in the Disney for Families board--mostly WDW BBB experiences but still made me nervous. I just swept her hair back up in a bun each morning and pinned the pink hairpiece back in. It didn't look as nice as the BBB version, but DD5 was happy enough.

I definitely think it was worth the $50 or so (plus tax but we got a 10% discount for using our Disney VISA). The photos are priceless!

OK, so I have some questions I'm hoping someone can help me with. I've read the posts above (some of which are now rather old), and these are sort of answered, but I want to make sure.

1) If you don't do the "castle" package, can you still get pictures? Does it cost extra? We will have the photopass plus card - does that help in any way with these pictures (e.g. free prints or something)?

2) How long do you really need to allow (assume we're not picking out a dress)?

3) Do pretty much all kids wear a princess dress? If my daughter had some other dress, or even just her touring the park clothes, would it seem totally out of place there?

4) Does the hairstyle/makeup tend to stay on all day? If we did BBB in the morning, would it still be similar by dinnertime, or does it tend to always get messed up by rides and such?

Thanks!

You can add the photo package if you want prints. The Photopass photographers will take pictures throughout the makeover. When you are finished, you can ask to have photos taken in the "studio" part.

You will find a mix of girls in princess dresses and girls in their street clothes having makeovers. I would allow about 45 minutes especially if you want to have photos taken.

My DD had the Disney Diva hairstyle and it did not budge all day until I washed it.
Hope that helps.

My granddaughter (6 yrs old) did the whole package at BBB last Friday. Her appointment was for 8:30 and we were told it would take about 2 hours, which it did. It was a lovely experience for her. We made lunch reservations at Ariel's Grotto on the same day. She was in the park on that day until about 10 p.m. and her hair never budged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter