DisneyQuest to close July 3rd, 2017

I think it is obvious what Disney should do with the space. Turn it into a real Pizza Planet. Not like the one at HS, but like the one in the movie. Only bigger. They could even preserve some of the better attractions and just change them to a credits model. Update the outdated attractions and throw in a Pizza restaurant and several audio anamatronic zurgs and aliens and add a woody and buzz character experience and they would have people knocking down the door.

IMO, this is too big of a building taking up too much prime real estate at DS to have a band aid fix like that. It needs a complete overhaul of some sort. Just too much valuable space for it not to be something modern.

I purchased the Water parks and more option with my free dining package for November. I noticed on the description of tickets it does not mention the mini golf courses or disney quest which is supposed to stay open till 2017. Does anyone know if you can use the tickets at these places?

I purchased the Water parks and more option with my free dining package for November. I noticed on the description of tickets it does not mention the mini golf courses or disney quest which is supposed to stay open till 2017. Does anyone know if you can use the tickets at these places?
Yes, they are included. Used WP&M for both golf and DQ this month. DQ will be included as long as it is open.

Yes, they are included. Used WP&M for both golf and DQ this month. DQ will be included as long as it is open.
Thats great to hear. When I called Disney the guy said no but I told him I would call Disney quest directly.

Thats great to hear. When I called Disney the guy said no but I told him I would call Disney quest directly.
Most of the time when you call a CM they go by what is written on the website. In cases like this, it's always better to check their info against the people who actually use the tickets. So good for you for double checking here. Lol

Glad to hear the NBA experience fell through. No interest what so ever. Maybe they will split up the property and add two more signature restaurants. Though the new signature restaurants there would not be happy with more competition. Would love to see something Marvel there. Maybe half Marvel museum with the Hall of Superheros (complete with every Marvel superhero in a life size reproduction) and the other half an interactive Marvel experience with games, virtual reality and such. And if they can't do Marvel they could just use every Disney character instead of Marvel Superheros.

Last edited:

Frankly, I hope it's not another restaurant. Downtown Disney, sorry Disney Springs, already has a multitude of restaurants to choose from. What was great about Disney Quest, in my opinion, is that it is a half day entertainment venue that is not a park. I think Disney needs more ancillary entertainment that draws people out of the parks, even for a half day or an evening. More mini-golf courses, more things like Disney Quest.

Frankly, I hope it's not another restaurant. Downtown Disney, sorry Disney Springs, already has a multitude of restaurants to choose from.

That's weird I was going to say the same exact thing.

People need to have more to do at Disney Springs then just eating and shopping.

Last edited:
"I think it is obvious what Disney should do with the space. Turn it into a real Pizza Planet. Not like the one at HS, but like the one in the movie. Only bigger. They could even preserve some of the better attractions and just change them to a credits model. Update the outdated attractions and throw in a Pizza restaurant and several audio anamatronic zurgs and aliens and add a woody and buzz character experience and they would have people knocking down the door."

I wouldn't go. Personally I think Disney Springs needs more activities. We aren't big shoppers and there are already so many places to eat. We loved going to Disney Quest on rainy days- there aren't many options for that.

How about an indoor Fight Club for the Disney characters? This way Donald can finally get his cage match with Mickey.

Like some comedy clubs and such???

Ah, I miss the Adventures Club and Comedy Warehouse! I understand not wanted to have the hardcore "clubs", but some PG entertainment would be nice. I think they should have rethought obliterating ALL of Pleasure Island.

Disney Springs currently has no appeal to us as is. We are not shoppers and we do almost all our dining in the resort restaurants and lounges. We used to frequent 8 Traxx for the retro club feel, but that's long gone.

Disney Springs currently has no appeal to us as is. We are not shoppers and we do almost all our dining in the resort restaurants and lounges. We used to frequent 8 Traxx for the retro club feel, but that's long gone.

We do enjoy some of the food options at Disney Springs and to window shop. But, for the true "shopper", the outlets have better prices. I can't see those higher end shops in Disney Springs (Kate Spade, Lily Pultizer, Uggs etc..) having enough sales to stay open. Foot traffic yes, actual sales? I wonder....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter