• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

I have been searching all over the Internet for reviews and just struggling with the thought of Roaches just crawling freely around the rooms. I may not be in the room much but when i sleep knowing they are all over would not work. Did you experience this when you went? I do understand bugs happen but the way these reviews are talking there are a ton of them. Also do you know if the rooms have the older boxed tvs or are they all flat screen tvs now? I have seen a few pics and just want to know that way i can request a room with a flat screen. My husband hate staying away from home so me talking him into this is a huge thing so i would like it to be so so for him =) I can deal with the bathrooms being ugly =) I appreciate all of your feed back! I just want to make sure i shouldnt go ahead and cancel and stay somewhere else before my cancellation time runs out!
Yes,the values have flat screens as well as fridges.

Palmetto bugs are rare,but you are as likley to get one at the Grand Floridian as the Values-Disney treats all the resorts the same in regards to cleanliness,pest control,etc.

Now,if the Values could only get indoor plumbing.;)

Just back this week from a week at AoA, and have straight away booked a week in oct at movies (best way to avoid the post Disney depression eh!) we have stayed a few times at sports, I assume it's mostly the same at movies? Odd question ... Does the safe still have a key like sports, or is it a code one like AoA which was much more convenient?
Yes, movies has a key safe. Not sure of the sizes of the safe at AoA. But we can fit our laptop in the safe at POP but NOT in Movies!!! Movies safe is very small.

Thanks. Yes the CM told me i would be in one of the Toy Story Buildings but that is good to know. Hoping we will get one of them. Any recommendations for a specific room to request? I know that it is not guaranteed!
It doesn't work to request specific rooms because chances of them being occupied are pretty good.

I am going to make a grocery order from Amazon Prime Now for our arrival next week. But they only offer organic milk for $4.49/half gallon. Does anyone know if half-gallon non-organic milk is available at the store/food court and what the price is?

Added a few days to our trip, so we booked ASMo for 2 nights before we move to our DVC rental, 10/10-10/12. This is the last stop on my tour of the values and I am so excited! Fingers crossed for 101 Dalmatians. :goodvibes

I've never seen a roach in our room at Disney. A Palmetto bug? Yes. They do look similar to roaches. They are not there because it is dirty, they are there because it is Florida. Where are you reading this? Value resorts are the least expensive at Disney, but they are not nasty roadside motels.

I totally agree. We saw one of these in the shower back in April, it was definitely a palmetto bug. I freaked of course, but then reminded myself where we were and what that bug was. It's not because the room/hotel was dirty at all.

Can anyone report whether the ASMovies arcade still has a prize redemption counter? I read an article where WDW was removing them from all resorts, but the article was from January 2015, and I can't find any new information. My son gets a kick out of winning those silly prizes. Thanks!

Sorry, but Palmetto Bug is the fancy way of saying American Cockroach. I'm a clean freak and I still get the occasional one in my home. It's Florida. It's a bug paradise.

Can anyone report whether the ASMovies arcade still has a prize redemption counter? I read an article where WDW was removing them from all resorts, but the article was from January 2015, and I can't find any new information. My son gets a kick out of winning those silly prizes. Thanks!
Unfortunately Prize Redemption has been gone from ALL WDW arcades for quite some time.

On a positive note,the All-Star Resort arcades are now open 24/7.:)

I just booked our 3 night stay at All Star Movie Resort in the Toy Story Section with a preferred room! What can I expect? I have seen pictures and kind of afraid that the rooms are very outdated! Are they all flat screen tvs? Want to be sure I know what I'm getting into before time comes We stayed last year at AOA and loved it but wanted to save a little money this year! Thanks
We had a flat screen tv in our room in January, and no comforters, just the white blankets with the bed runner across the bottom. Didn't look outdated to me.

I have been searching all over the Internet for reviews and just struggling with the thought of Roaches just crawling freely around the rooms. I may not be in the room much but when i sleep knowing they are all over would not work. Did you experience this when you went? I do understand bugs happen but the way these reviews are talking there are a ton of them. Also do you know if the rooms have the older boxed tvs or are they all flat screen tvs now? I have seen a few pics and just want to know that way i can request a room with a flat screen. My husband hate staying away from home so me talking him into this is a huge thing so i would like it to be so so for him =) I can deal with the bathrooms being ugly =) I appreciate all of your feed back! I just want to make sure i shouldnt go ahead and cancel and stay somewhere else before my cancellation time runs out!

we had flat screen tv in our room at ASMovies in January, and I've stayed there twice and never seen a roach (in Florida they call them Palmetto Bugs) but they are COMMON everywhere in Florida.

Ju
[QUOTEhome- stayed the sneylover15, post: 55820216, member: 579313"]I have been searching all over the Internet for reviews and just struggling with the thought of Roaches just crawling freely around the rooms. I may not be in the room much but when i sleep knowing they are all over would not work. Did you experience this when you went? I do understand bugs happen but the way these reviews are talking there are a ton of them. Also do you know if the rooms have the older boxed tvs or are they all flat screen tvs now? I have seen a few pics and just want to know that way i can request a room with a flat screen. My husband hate staying away from home so me talking him into this is a huge thing so i would like it to be so so for him =) I can deal with the bathrooms being ugly =) I appreciate all of your feed back! I just want to make sure i shouldnt go ahead and cancel and stay somewhere else before my cancellation time runs out![/QUOTE]
Just got home after staying all week...no roaches..no bugs at all in our room! Saw plenty of critters around the resort but nothing in our room and my BF kept the door open at times!
The TV was flat screen. The bathroom is plain...
I highly recommend this resort! It's our favorite!

I want to add- we ate at the food court most of the time and really enjoyed the food. Had Taco Salad,pizza,make - your- own -salad( chicken) ,gluten free hot dog meal,gluten free hamburger meal ,kids cirn dog meal with FF,fruit salad, Mickey waffles and the full breakfast and to go items a lot.
It was busy at times but we always found empty tables,things were clean and cms pleasant and helpful. DD8 loved the pool. Bus service excellant with short waits.
We are planning our return trip!

Great job, putting this together! Thank you so much for all the info! We will be first time Disney adventurers this December 2016, I also had some of my other questions answered by others replying, like the pool ect! Thank you again! Great job!

We spent one night at ASMovies last weekend, and I wanted to share our thoughts.

This is our second stay at ASMo (first was 10 nights during Hurricane Jeanne in 2004), and our 7th stay at a value resort. We were in Toy Story section, Woody building, I don't remember the room number, but it was on the back side of the building on the third floor.

We checked in on a Saturday morning, around 10:00. There was not a line to check in, we went right to a CM. She was very nice, activated our magic bands and said they would work at CSR when we checked in the next day as well (they did, and we had done online checkin there). The check-in process only took a few minutes. She couldn't give us our room number, as the room wasn't ready, but I asked if she could tell us what area to park our car in, and she did. I had requested Toy Story, and that's what we were given! We were only staying one night, and the room location really didn't matter, but it was nice because that is where we had stayed when our boys were little and just nice to remember that trip. They had been 3 and 18 months on that trip, and they are now 15 and 13.

Anyway, we found our room very easily from the parking lot, and it was pretty close to the parking lot; very convenient, as we used our own car. Our room was clean when we got there, no dirt, no mold in the bathroom, no funky smell, no issues at all. We would have been content to stay there the rest of the trip if the room was just a little bigger (to accommodate all the stuff we brought) or if our boys were a little smaller--they won't share a bed, so one had an air mattress.

We didn't use the pool or food court, but we did take a walk around the resort, and it looked great to me. We didn't use the buses either, but as we were leaving on Sunday morning, we passed several buses, and each one was marked for just one All Star resort; they weren't sharing that early in the morning for park opening, which has always been our experience.

Added a few days to our trip, so we booked ASMo for 2 nights before we move to our DVC rental, 10/10-10/12. This is the last stop on my tour of the values and I am so excited! Fingers crossed for 101 Dalmatians. :goodvibes
We are in the same boat! We are staying at Boardwalk Villas in December and, since my six-year-old has been begging us to stay in a 101 Dalmatians room ever since she was in the Fantasia section a few years back with her grandmother, we decided to tack on 2 extra nights at All Star Movies. We booked preferred, requested 101 Dalmatians and will be wearing 101 Dalmatian shirts when we check in. Hopefully that does the trick. Good luck to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter