• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

I just booked Movies for our April trip - I feel like I am cheating on POP but Movies is saving me like $400! I am going to read back and see what Movies has to offer. <3

I just booked Movies for our April trip - I feel like I am cheating on POP but Movies is saving me like $400! I am going to read back and see what Movies has to offer. <3

I felt that same way when I booked Movies instead of CBR but the money saved was a lot and we were paying for our grown kids to go so..... We ended up loving Movies. Was it different? Absolutely but it was a good different.

If you like Pop you’ll feel the same way about Movies! The room renovations make the rooms pretty much the same. Have a great trip!

I LOVE POP but 400 dollars is a lot to pay for the fun and convenience of Skyliner and to have a beautiful Lake to look at,which are the 2 main advantages POP has over Movies. :)

I LOVE POP but 400 dollars is a lot to pay for the fun and convenience of Skyliner and to have a beautiful Lake to look at,which are the 2 main advantages POP has over Movies. :)

We currently have three rooms booked at Movies (we surprised our kids and their spouses with an early Christmas gift and are taking them to WDW next Thanksgiving). If we booked Pop, it would have been $425.00 more for each of the two rooms and almost $800.00 more for my husband and I since we are staying two weeks. I love the Skyliner but that's a lot more to pay over Movies. And, we really enjoyed our three stays at Movies.

Last edited:
is it known if the food court will be totally open? or will it be like Pop was in october? (is the pop food court back yet?) I hated the mobile ordering and pick up. everything was cold, no microwave to heat it the worst was the limited options. the pot roast dinner was scrumptious but there were very few options,

I got the pin code and debating between CBR, CSR, and Movies. for May. trying to compare food options, when you go on Disney's official site and click on "know before you go" you can know before you go to the first 2 but not for Movies. Am I allowed to book 2 trips for the same dates until they publish the food option at Movies?

Last edited:

I got the pin doce and debating between CBR, CSR, and Movies. for May. trying to compare food options, when you go on Disney's official site and click on "know before you go" you can know before you go to the first 2 but not for Movies. Am I allowed to book 2 trips for the same dates until they publish the food option at Movies?
If you are traveling with another adult with an MDE account it’s very easy to have two reservations. Normally the downside is that you would lose your FP ability for one of the reservations, but now, 🤷‍♂️

is it known if the food court will be totally open? or will it be like Pop was in october? (is the pop food court back yet?) I hated the mobile ordering and pick up. everything was cold, no microwave to heat it the worst was the limited options. the pot roast dinner was scrumptious but there were very few options,
I would think the Food Courts will remain the same until Covid is completely under control.

Dalmatian section is my favorite, so convenient to everything. Toy Story section is super cute though!
We are Mighty Ducks people-Standard Room pricing with its "own" Pool and Laundry and it is SECONDS from Melody Hall at Music making it convenient to the buses and Food Courts at both Resorts( and really close to Calypso Pool).

It is like staying in a Preferred Room at Music! :)

We are Mighty Ducks people-Standard Room pricing with its "own" Pool and Laundry and it is SECONDS from Melody Hall at Music making it convenient to the buses and Food Courts at both Resorts( and really close to Calypso Pool).

. ITA and we have done that when we were both mobile. Now that I punch hubby’s wheelchair I told him,” I’m not sure if we would cut across the parking lot to Music as often “. Just a bit later I was saying “ wish Music was open so we could stay there in a preferred room.”..... took hours till the nickel dropped in!🤣. .......... ( we wouldn’t be cutting across the lot to an unopened resort anyway🤪)

. ITA and we have done that when we were both mobile. Now that I punch hubby’s wheelchair I told him,” I’m not sure if we would cut across the parking lot to Music as often “. Just a bit later I was saying “ wish Music was open so we could stay there in a preferred room.”..... took hours till the nickel dropped in!🤣. .......... ( we wouldn’t be cutting across the lot to an unopened resort anyway🤪)
Push. The chair! Not punch. Lol

Last December we stayed at Movies and ended up in Mighty Ducks which was not at all what I wanted and was a tad disappointed. They literally gave us the last room at the end of the building beside the stairs. Since I’m the one who has to get up and fetch breakfast I timed the walk to both movies food court and music. If I remember correctly....movies was a 7 minute walk and music 2 minutes. We ended up going to music almost every day for food and buses. The music food court though is not as good as movies. Next visit we will stay at movies again (probably) but I will be booking a preferred room. We really wanted to soak in the atmosphere and didn’t have the chance due to going over to music most of the time.

If you are traveling with another adult with an MDE account it’s very easy to have two reservations. Normally the downside is that you would lose your FP ability for one of the reservations, but now, 🤷‍♂️
I don't think that would work. the pin code was sent to me, no to my husband, he doesn't have an MDE account. I could make him one, but even if I book a room at movies in his name that doesnt guarantee that we can later apply the pin code to it because it'll be in his name. also, there are only a set amt. of rooms allocated for certain discounts. so even though he has a reservation doesn't mean there are any rooms left specifically for that discount.

Ooh!! Either one has the skyliner. Tough choice. CBR is prettier and the main pool has a hot tub and slide. AOA is great Devore for little kids and a kitchenette!! And 2 bathrooms!
It is a tough choice - particularly since the Big Blue Pool at AoA is closed for renovation, but two bathrooms and a door in a suite just can't be beat. Plus - since a guaranteed Cars Suite was an option, that put us near the small Cozy Cones pool - I was able to sell that to kids.

We are a Mighty Ducks family too! We love the ability to use Music's bus stop and food court if we want. We have stayed there twice super convenient! Love the price!

I think if I ever decided to pay for a preferred room I would go for the Toy Story section. The theming there is super cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter