Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

I’m staying 1 night at ASMo before moving to AKL kidani. I would love to grocery shop on my ASMo day. Is it possible to store cold items overnight at ASMo? I will have a car & will transport to AKL myself.

Any reports on your bus experience at this resort? Just curious if you found it running smoothly. Was there a CM out there to help people if needed -able to call for more buses, etc ?

Did you often see coach bus vs. a disney bus? I'm using an ECV and I think generally can only board that on a Disney bus.

Here now and room is freezing although I have therm turned up to 76 anyone know a way to get heat in room?

Here now and room is freezing although I have therm turned up to 76 anyone know a way to get heat in room?
When we were there two years ago, it kept defaulting back to a different temperature. I also recall there was something about motion sensing where it would go into energy saver mode if there was no motion. i hope you found a solution!

MK opening at 8:00 so early entry at 7:30. What time does the first bus come and what time should we be out there??
BIG Thanks!!

Sorry just jumped on.. quick question are rooms refurbished.. on line with Southwest vacations and they say no.. but I saw here they are?

Any reports on your bus experience at this resort? Just curious if you found it running smoothly. Was there a CM out there to help people if needed -able to call for more buses, etc ?

Did you often see coach bus vs. a disney bus? I'm using an ECV and I think generally can only board that on a Disney bus.
We were there in Aug and while buses came often abd pretty smoothly they had a huge issue with coach buses instead of regular ones. If you don't have an scooter it's not an issue and really kinda nicer because you don't have to collapse the stroller, but my mom uses a scooter and there were MANY times that even though we were within the first 10 in line we had to wait for a regular bus...super frustrating. More than half the buses we saw for movies were coach.

We were there in Aug and while buses came often abd pretty smoothly they had a huge issue with coach buses instead of regular ones. More than half the buses we saw for movies were coach.

I thought I'd reply since I just got back from my trip and had no issues with coach busses at Movies. I did see them but if one pulled up there was a regular bus right behind it. I use an ECV so I need the regular bus. The only issues I had were the usual ones I've always had of getting a bus back from Epcot after fireworks. Lots of people and they actually used two stops - one to load ECV/WC which would then drive to the next one to do the regular pick up. This worked really well and I'd never seen them do it before.

Maybe they are using fewer coach busses now?

I will be arriving in May, at that time the Magical express will be discontinued (so sad) I am very disappointed as I always felt this was a great way to begin the Disney immersion immediately. Does anyone have suggestions on how to get my family of four from MCO to Movies? I assume UBER/Lyft is now the best option?

I will be arriving in May, at that time the Magical express will be discontinued (so sad) I am very disappointed as I always felt this was a great way to begin the Disney immersion immediately. Does anyone have suggestions on how to get my family of four from MCO to Movies? I assume UBER/Lyft is now the best option?
I use Anthony Hinds, he has always been great for us. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post his email here, but if you google Anthony Hinds Orlando he’s pretty easy to find. I don’t have to worry about luggage fitting in the vehicle and I don’t have to wait when using Tony.

When we were there two years ago, it kept defaulting back to a different temperature. I also recall there was something about motion sensing where it would go into energy saver mode if there was no motion. i hope you found a solution!
Solution I finally ended up with was to put towel over vent and that helped bring room temp up 3 degrees 🤷🏻‍♀️

Arrived today around noon and our room was ready! It’s in mighty ducks, backs up to parking lot to music, so much closer to music bus stop. Went to Disney springs and buses were shared.

Had a great day shopping and eating. Tomorrow is MK

Arrived today around noon and our room was ready! It’s in mighty ducks, backs up to parking lot to music, so much closer to music bus stop. Went to Disney springs and buses were shared.

Had a great day shopping and eating. Tomorrow is MK
Merry Disney World Christmas!!!!

Hope you have an Academy Award winning trip at All-Star Movies!

I always say that Mighty Ducks is like having a Standard Room at Movies and a Preferred Room at Music at the same time!:)

Can a suitcase fit under the bed?
I want to bring extra coffee, DH drinks a lot of coffee,so if I buy “pods” they will work? is there just one size? (Never used these before)
Are there towels at the pool?
Is there somewhere to hang wet swimsuits?
Is the food court fully open?
When do you make room requests?
My daughter will have a baby in her room, is there room for a pack and play? She will also be using both beds.
Did you have any problems getting clean towels?
If you do online check in, how do you get in your room, since Disney does not mail Magic bands anymore?
Any tips on saving money on food? Is there somewhere to fill water bottles?
We have not been in awhile, I appreciate any help.
Any other advice welcome.

This was easier, so all of my answers are in RED.

Can a suitcase fit under the bed?
Probably, but honestly I didn't try. There's a little extra room in the "closet" in the bathroom where a suitcase could fit, though.
I want to bring extra coffee, DH drinks a lot of coffee,so if I buy “pods” they will work? is there just one size? (Never used these before)
K-pods would not work, but they make little ones that are in basically a coffee filter bag. Those should.
Are there towels at the pool?
We only went to the Fantasia pool and the kiddie pool next to it, so I don't know about Mighty Ducks. But, yes to towels at Fantasia, no to the kiddie pool.
Is there somewhere to hang wet swimsuits?
There's a retractable clothes-line in the shower/tub. Bring clothes pins if you have a lot!
Is the food court fully open?
Yes, but you can still mobile order.
When do you make room requests?
Check your reservations. If you're able to, that's where you'll find it. I think ours was about 60 days before? Protip: if you need bed rails or a crib, wait until you're checked in so housekeeping as a room number!
My daughter will have a baby in her room, is there room for a pack and play? She will also be using both beds.
A small pack and play, yes. It will be tight and hopefully no one needs to move around once baby's set up.
Did you have any problems getting clean towels?
No.
If you do online check in, how do you get in your room, since Disney does not mail Magic bands anymore?
We got our bands mailed to us still? We pre-ordered them. However, if you're note going to buy them before, you can open the door with the MDE app on your phone.
Any tips on saving money on food? Is there somewhere to fill water bottles?
Bring snacks in with you. Split quick-service meals. Table service is more frowned on, but if it's counter service/quick service, I don't think anyone is paying attention. I didn't see any water bottle refilling stations, but you can always ask for free ice water from any where that has food!
We have not been in awhile, I appreciate any help.
Any other advice welcome.
Expect crowds. Pick one ride/food/area each person wants to do/eat/see. Anything beyond that will be extra. Thank the cast members by name, they definitely appreciate it (and it's always well deserved!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter