Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

Has anyone here tried the Chili in a Bread Boule? Wondering if it’s good and how big the portion is.

Has anyone here tried the Chili in a Bread Boule? Wondering if it’s good and how big the portion is.
my husband had it at the Riverside in November and it was very good and very filling. We ended up splitting the chili bread bowl and chicken tenders for dinner one night.

Can a suitcase fit under the bed?
Any tips on saving money on food?

We stayed at Pop in September and I stored all our suitcases under the bed. I believe the beds are the same at All Star.

We play to bring breakfast for the room for most days and snacks for in room and in park. Breakfast we bring uncrustables, cereal and milk, oatmeal and grits packets. Snacks is meat/cheese/nut packs, raisins, pringles, dried fruit, oreos and cheese-itz/goldfish. People with a smaller appetite can get the kids meal at quick service locations or share an adult meal. If you're going to eat a lot of popcorn, get a refillable bucket. Ice water cups are free at every location that sells fountain beverages. You don't have to order anything. Just tell them you're there for water and the CM will let you in. Then go to the pick up window and ask for water. If you have a stroller you can bring your own sodas into the park and ask for a cup of ice at the counter service locations.

Does anyone know if the toy story or fantasia sections have non preferred rooms? I know pop did in the 60's section nearer the pool/lobby building when i stayed there.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the toy story or fantasia sections have non preferred rooms? I know pop did in the 60's section nearer the pool/lobby building when i stayed there.
I can't say for sure, but I played on the Touring Plans Room Finder tool and it doesn't look like it. It looks like Toy Story, Fantasia and Dalmations are preferred for the whole buildings and Mighty Ducks and Love Bug are non-preferred for the whole buildings. Maybe someone else will come along with more information. I'm certainly no expert.

Anyone staying there that can confirm that they have distilled water? We have a friend arriving there that has a cpap and need it and wants to know if they need to order. Thanks

Anyone staying there that can confirm that they have distilled water? We have a friend arriving there that has a cpap and need it and wants to know if they need to order. Thanks
It would be best to have some delivered. I’ve seen it in the gift shop but there would be no guarantees.

Disney resort gift shops have distilled water, but you'll probably need to ask for it.

FOOD COURT QUESTION.
I am excited to be staying at MOVIES for the first time.
My last 3 visits were at POP. The POP grab and go case always had a container of 2 hardboiled eggs, and also a container of grilled chicken strips. They were my return-to-room-go-to for a supper-snack. Loved them with a packet of Ken's Caesar Dressing!
Just wondering if anyone who has been to ASMO recently has noticed if the food court grab and go case has the eggs or the grilled chicken strips?

Thanks so much!

FOOD COURT QUESTION.
I am excited to be staying at MOVIES for the first time.
My last 3 visits were at POP. The POP grab and go case always had a container of 2 hardboiled eggs, and also a container of grilled chicken strips. They were my return-to-room-go-to for a supper-snack. Loved them with a packet of Ken's Caesar Dressing!
Just wondering if anyone who has been to ASMO recently has noticed if the food court grab and go case has the eggs or the grilled chicken strips?

Thanks so much!
I did not see either of these at my trip this weekend!

Can anyone tell what the buses are like from this resort, do they share? And also, is there a direct bus to the water parks?
Thanks! :lovestruc

Can anyone tell what the buses are like from this resort, do they share? And also, is there a direct bus to the water parks?
They do share at times but usually only during "Non-Peak Demand" times.

The All-Star Resort does have a direct bus to Blizzard Beach,but not to Typhoon Lagoon(transfer at Disney Springs).

Thankyou! So, do any of the resorts have direct buses to both water parks?
Changing at Disney Springs sounds like it'll make the journey quite a trek.

Thankyou! So, do any of the resorts have direct buses to both water parks?
Changing at Disney Springs sounds like it'll make the journey quite a trek.
Not at this time.

The only Direct Water Park Buses are from All-Star Resort to Blizzard Beach and Coronado Springs to Blizzard Beach.

I was there 2/24-2/28 and experienced lots of sharing with Music (Sports is closed). No sharing for the buses we took to the parks in the mornings, but every bus we took in the afternoon/evening was shared, even for park close. However, it wasn't an issue as there were rarely enough people to fill a bus, I think once we had to wait for the 2nd bus coming back from Epcot after close but only 5-10 minutes. Music to Movies is like an extra two minute ride, we actually got off at the Music stop sometimes because our room was so close to the Music lobby. We had really good luck either walking onto a bus or waiting under 15 minutes. We only waited a long time once on 2/28 going to MK for early entry, we got in line around 7:30AM and had to wait for the 3rd bus and got on around 8:05. The line behind us when we departed seemed to have doubled and stretched beyond what we could even see. Apparently TP gave crowds a 10 that day, when they estimated a 7. We didn't see lines anything like that on the other morning we did early entry. Apart from that one long wait, we probably walked onto more buses than we waited for.

For those of you who've been to ASM over Halloween, what kinds of things do they do at the resort for kids and what time do they usually start? Not sure if it was different this past Halloween due to Covid? Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter