Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

We used this trick for a couple nights our last trip and were amazed. We were at the bus stop for music in no time. We walked so that we came in from the front of music. You had to walk on the road without a sidewalk for a little bit, but nothing major. You can walk where you’d have to come through the music building if you don’t want to walk in the road with no sidewalk but it wasn’t busy so no big deal.

You are also closer to the music food court. We only spent two nights, but we loved our location in the ducks section (minus the noise from the pool in the evening until the pool closed at 11).

Looking at this touring plans map, which building was it? 2 I suppose? I might end up requesting a room, lmao.

Here are some pics showing just how close Ducks is to Melody Hall.

Looking back at Ducks after crossing the "Movies/Music Way"(my name for it:)).
20169209308_932396217b_z.jpg

Looking back at crosswalk for Movies/Music Way
19736293563_f595fb11d4_z.jpg

Turning and looking down the sidewalk to Melody Hall at Music(all 3 pictures taken from the same spot)

Here are some pics showing just how close Ducks is to Melody Hall.

Looking back at Ducks after crossing the "Movies/Music Way"(my name for it:)).
20169209308_932396217b_z.jpg

Looking back at crosswalk for Movies/Music Way
19736293563_f595fb11d4_z.jpg

Turning and looking down the sidewalk to Melody Hall at Music(all 3 pictures taken from the same spot)

Wow! Thanks!

We’re looking at staying here for the first time next month for two nights to go to the Halloween party. A preferred room is $30 more per night. Is it worth it if our 2 yo likes toy story? I wasn’t sure if we should just have him walk and see the toy story icons or if staying right there is worth the extra money. We have a car so don’t need to be close to the buses.

We’re looking at staying here for the first time next month for two nights to go to the Halloween party. A preferred room is $30 more per night. Is it worth it if our 2 yo likes toy story? I wasn’t sure if we should just have him walk and see the toy story icons or if staying right there is worth the extra money. We have a car so don’t need to be close to the buses.
All the rooms are physically the same. The only advantage is that it's close to the main building. If the extra cost is "worth it" depends on you.

Does anyone know if movies or any of the values have any parties or activities planned for NYE this year or in year's past?

Does the bathroom area have a nightlight? I’m packing now and can’t recall from Movies and Pop. I’ll throw one in anyway. Super excited!!!

Last edited:
Does the bathroom area have a nightlight? I’m packing now and can’t recall from Movies and Pop. I’ll throw one in anyway. Super excited!!!
I have to sleep in complete darkness so I remember we had to close the pocket door to the sink area because there was light coming from the switchplate area on the wall. I think they were illuminated.

It was light enough that if I had to get up, I didn't need to turn on the overhead, which made me happy.

I think, though, that I would pack one just in case you need as light levels are so individual.

ETA: I just realized this was MOVIES and not MUSIC and we stayed at Music. I'm not sure if they've all been renovated the same, yet.

I have to sleep in complete darkness so I remember we had to close the pocket door to the sink area because there was light coming from the switchplate area on the wall. I think they were illuminated.

It was light enough that if I had to get up, I didn't need to turn on the overhead, which made me happy.

I think, though, that I would pack one just in case you need as light levels are so individual.

ETA: I just realized this was MOVIES and not MUSIC and we stayed at Music. I'm not sure if they've all been renovated the same, yet.
Thank you. Yes I posted in wrong thread myself as I follow both 😂 But they are all the same now. Small light around light switch in sink area and the vanity mirror has one around it that can be left in for those needing more. I need it in the toilet room so glad I brought one!

Anyone have last year's Halloween day activity list from the AS Movies?

I have a late flight home. Can I leave my luggage at bell services (or whatever it's called) at ASMo for the day, use the pool, etc., until Sunshine Flyer picks me up at 3pm?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter