• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

Sorry to append this to the original comment but I don't see an option to add a new thread--question is--I have two nights at Movies before moving to Saratoga Springs--I went ahead and got a Standard HA room, but I'm traveling alone and just wanted to make sure it's "safe" in the standard section? No dark corners? (Only asking because last time I stayed at POFQ for the entire trip in a standard HA room and it was right next to a parking lot at the very end of the resort. Should I have chosen preferred instead? (I can still change.)

Can anyone tell me the type of coffee maker that is in the rooms here, if there is one? Also, is there an iron and ironing board?

Can anyone tell me the type of coffee maker that is in the rooms here, if there is one? Also, is there an iron and ironing board?
I haven't stayed at ASMo, but I've stayed at POP and I believe the "amenities" are the same. At POP the coffee maker brewed one or two cups at a time, and used coffee "pads" (sort of round pillows of coffee, not K-cups or loose grounds). Also, there was an ironing board and iron at POP.

I haven't stayed at ASMo, but I've stayed at POP and I believe the "amenities" are the same. At POP the coffee maker brewed one or two cups at a time, and used coffee "pads" (sort of round pillows of coffee, not K-cups or loose grounds). Also, there was an ironing board and iron at POP.
I’m hoping, then, to find out the specific “pod” to buy…..either that or I am just going to bring a Kuerig. Hopefully someone else may know for sure.

I’m hoping, then, to find out the specific “pod” to buy…..either that or I am just going to bring a Kuerig. Hopefully someone else may know for sure.

Not Keurig -- they are Cuisinart brand coffee makers and they use a flat coffee pod/pouch. Here's what the Joffrey's ones look like in the drawer at Pop Century.

IMG_0749.JPG

DD and I took these to POFQ in August:

Wolfgang Puck Coffee, Provence French Roast Gram Coffee, 9.5 Gram Pods, 18 Count​

Visit the Wolfgang Puck Coffee Store
4.0 out of 5 stars 151 ratings

Ordered them from Amazon. We like a dark roast and these were pretty good- not as good as we make at home, but better than what POFQ was providing.

Price: $7.95 ($0.44 / Count)

Sorry to append this to the original comment but I don't see an option to add a new thread--question is--I have two nights at Movies before moving to Saratoga Springs--I went ahead and got a Standard HA room, but I'm traveling alone and just wanted to make sure it's "safe" in the standard section? No dark corners? (Only asking because last time I stayed at POFQ for the entire trip in a standard HA room and it was right next to a parking lot at the very end of the resort. Should I have chosen preferred instead? (I can still change.)
I stay at Movies solo a lot, and I have always felt pretty safe. I like first floor because I'm wary of stairwells and elevators when I'm alone at night. I usually rent a car, so Standard works well for me and I can park relatively close to my room. Honestly, without a car, I feel better booking Preferred. I'm a night owl and usually get back to the room pretty late. By then, there aren't many people walking around and it seems worth it to set myself up with the quickest possible walk back to my room, just to be safe. Standard rooms are a pretty far walk from the buses.

I'm trying to put my room request in. Due to health concerns, I need to avoid the designated smoking areas (DSA). Where are these located?

So we decided to book a last minute trip the week after Christmas (crazy, I know). It took 2 days of constant refreshing, 3 reservations and 5 phone calls but I was able to get 5 nights at Movies. It's our first time staying on the property. Any tips?

I'm trying to put my room request in. Due to health concerns, I need to avoid the designated smoking areas (DSA). Where are these located?
Looks like there are none in or around near the Toy Story section at all - if you have a preferred room, that would be your best bet👍

I'm in a standard room. Thinking about Mighty Ducks section?
There does look like there is one in that section BUT they are usually out & away from the actual rrooms so should be able to avoid it pretty easily.

Maybe someone on site can check & see which buidling(s) the DSA is closest to in Mighty Ducks?

The last time we were there (2019) you could buy a pack of small water bottles in the gift shop. They were a decent (for Disney) price. do they still sell them?

I will be at All Star Music and will have my toddler DGS one afternoon and night do that DD and DSIL can have a parents night out. I think he would enjoy running around and seeing the icons at Movies. He loves Buzz and Woody.

I’m hoping to drive over for a little play time and maybe a treat at the ASMo food court. Is this allowed? From what I remember I wouldn’t need to go through the guard gate but it’s been a few years since I was there.

Thanks!

I will be at All Star Music and will have my toddler DGS one afternoon and night do that DD and DSIL can have a parents night out. I think he would enjoy running around and seeing the icons at Movies. He loves Buzz and Woody.

I’m hoping to drive over for a little play time and maybe a treat at the ASMo food court. Is this allowed? From what I remember I wouldn’t need to go through the guard gate but it’s been a few years since I was there.

Thanks!
When staying at one of the All-Stars you can do anything at the other 2(Food Courts,Pools,Playgrounds,Arcades,etc.).

You will already be inside the Gate if you are at Music and can just drive straight to Movies.

However the walk from Music to Movies is VERY short!

When staying at one of the All-Stars you can do anything at the other 2(Food Courts,Pools,Playgrounds,Arcades,etc.).

You will already be inside the Gate if you are at Music and can just drive straight to Movies.

However the walk from Music to Movies is VERY short!
Thank you! I have requested Broadway, looks like it is pretty close to Movies.

The last time we were there (2019) you could buy a pack of small water bottles in the gift shop. They were a decent (for Disney) price. do they still sell them?
Didn’t even know this was a thing till my trip in October, at the POP they did this, but until the offered it to us I have no idea it was possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter