Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Family Suites Information & Questions

We will be staying in the ASMu Family Suites in late november. Are any of the buildings considered better than the others? Wondering if we should put in any requests, knowing of coourse that they may not be filled.....

well the suites are only in the first 2 buildings on each side so the first building is *right* next to the pool and the 2nd building is right past the pool. I requested the 2nd building (jazz) b/C i didn't want to risk having noise from the pool area

I see that the coffee maker looks like a 4 cup coffee maker. Does Mousekeeping bring little packets of regular and decaf coffee each day or do I need to bring 4 cup filters and coffee?

We stayed in a family suite at All Star Music this past August and loved it! We loved the layout of the family suite and felt that the size of the suite was comfortable for our family of six. We also liked the close proximity of the suite location to the main pool, main building, and bus stop. DH and I appreciated having a separate bedroom with a queen size bed as it gave us and the kids our own space and DH is a big and tall guy and cannot sleep in a full size bed :). It was nice having a living room with sofa/chairs to relax, two bathrooms, and the kitchenette came in handy for breakfast, storing snacks/drinks, and morning coffee even though we had the dining plan. Mousekeeping was excellent here and the All Star Music resort was a very fun, clean, and quiet resort, especially the section we were in (Jazz 2). If we ever go back to WDW it will be hard not to consider the AS Music family suite again, even with the new Art of Animation suites opening soon. We like the fact that the AS Music suites have two twin size pull out beds and one full size sofa bed in the living room which allowed our two oldest kids to have their own beds and only our two youngest children had to share the full size pull out bed. The new Art of Animation suites have two full size pull out beds in the living room which means all of my kids would have to share a bed. The new Art of Animation resort looks really nice, but AS Music will always be special to us :thumbsup2

I see that the coffee maker looks like a 4 cup coffee maker. Does Mousekeeping bring little packets of regular and decaf coffee each day or do I need to bring 4 cup filters and coffee?

Yes, mousekeeping brought us fresh packets of coffee everyday (no creamer though). Unfortunately, we didn't use what was provided because we ordered our own coffee essentials through Garden Grocer. They also replenished our paper products (paper towels, plates, bowls) and plastic silverware everyday too. I would recommend bringing your own filters though because I don't recall them providing those.

We stayed in a family suite at All Star Music this past August and loved it! We loved the layout of the family suite and felt that the size of the suite was comfortable for our family of six. We also liked the close proximity of the suite location to the main pool, main building, and bus stop. DH and I appreciated having a separate bedroom with a queen size bed as it gave us and the kids our own space and DH is a big and tall guy and cannot sleep in a full size bed :). It was nice having a living room with sofa/chairs to relax, two bathrooms, and the kitchenette came in handy for breakfast, storing snacks/drinks, and morning coffee even though we had the dining plan. Mousekeeping was excellent here and the All Star Music resort was a very fun, clean, and quiet resort, especially the section we were in (Jazz 2). If we ever go back to WDW it will be hard not to consider the AS Music family suite again, even with the new Art of Animation suites opening soon. We like the fact that the AS Music suites have two twin size pull out beds and one full size sofa bed in the living room which allowed our two oldest kids to have their own beds and only our two youngest children had to share the full size pull out bed. The new Art of Animation suites have two full size pull out beds in the living room which means all of my kids would have to share a bed. The new Art of Animation resort looks really nice, but AS Music will always be special to us :thumbsup2

I agree. We loved ASMu. I just loved the whole feel of the resort. We were in Calypso, overloooking the main pool. It was perfect. I love the colors and decor of that section. It just has a very fun vibe. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat!

Can you tell me if we were to book for a group, 4 suits and one standard room for 4people is it still possible that we can all be placed in rooms together all in a row???

So what I think I'm try to ask is if there are standard 4 person rooms in the Calypso and Jazz areas???

Can you tell me if we were to book for a group, 4 suits and one standard room for 4people is it still possible that we can all be placed in rooms together all in a row???

So what I think I'm try to ask is if there are standard 4 person rooms in the Calypso and Jazz areas???

You would have to book a preferred room. No one can say for sure, but I highly doubt you would be able to get 5 rooms all in a row. The best thing to do is to have the reservations all linked together, and have noted on them that you would like to be close to each other. Disney doesn't guarantee room location requsts, but they will do what they can for you.

I think if you book as a "Grand Gathering" they will try to make it a priority to put you close together -- maybe not right next door but along the same hallway if possible? Four suites and a regular room should certainly be more than 8 people. Call the WDW line and when it asks you if your total party is more than 8 it should route you to someone who can answer your questions.

PHXscuba

I think if you book as a "Grand Gathering" they will try to make it a priority to put you close together -- maybe not right next door but along the same hallway if possible? Four suites and a regular room should certainly be more than 8 people. Call the WDW line and when it asks you if your total party is more than 8 it should route you to someone who can answer your questions.

PHXscuba

We are booked as a group/Grand Gathering I was wondering if they even had regular room in the same area they have the suits. Like AofA they have the suits and then there is the Little mermaid section is where they have the regular suits.

So I was wondering if Music might be the same with calypso and Jazz having only suits there and then if we did book a regular room it would be located eles were.

calypso & jazz do have regular rooms along with the suites. I know somewhere on the internet there's a breakdown of how many rooms in each building are regular vs. how many are suites.

calypso & jazz do have regular rooms along with the suites. I know somewhere on the internet there's a breakdown of how many rooms in each building are regular vs. how many are suites.

That's what I was looking for. too bad I'm not a good internet surfer it would be cool to find that breakdown ... Thanks that was most helpful

We just booked a Family Suite for May. It will be my Mom, Sister, niece and me and my two kids! I love All Star Music but this is my first time staying in a suite.

Just booked a family suite for a night to take adv of EMH of MK at night and Epcot in the morning. Going to be a tight fit with 5 of us in early 20s but it's only 1 night before moving off-site for the rest of the week. Can't wait!!

Just booked a family suite for a night to take adv of EMH of MK at night and Epcot in the morning. Going to be a tight fit with 5 of us in early 20s but it's only 1 night before moving off-site for the rest of the week. Can't wait!!

It won't be horrible. If one of you is a bit petite, they can be the one to sleep on the ottoman fold out. The 2 friends who get along the best can share the queen bed, and the other 2 will get their own beds. And you will have 2 bathrooms, so that is a big help.:)

Wouldn't five 20 year olds be more comfortable in two regular rooms with 4 full size beds? It would be cheaper too.

I loved the family suite layout for my family but I think 5 adults would be better off in 2 rooms.

I just switched our reservation from POR to a family suite! The extra bathroom and extra space for our family is going to be great. We're going during free dining so we upgraded the QSDP to the regular dining plan.

I've been reading the reviews and tips in this thread. Thank you to all who have posted!

Wouldn't five 20 year olds be more comfortable in two regular rooms with 4 full size beds? It would be cheaper too.

I loved the family suite layout for my family but I think 5 adults would be better off in 2 rooms.

Problem is they only have 2 doubles in each room

WE just booked one night at ASMusic family suites pre cruise for May 2012 at the AP rate and will take DCL transfers to our 5/18 Eastern cruise. After the cruise we will stay at VWL for 2 more nights. This will help in our quest to stay at every on property resort.
We have stayed at every one except Kidani, Shades of Green and the Swan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter