Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

January will be our first time at ASSp. I was curious which location is better to request touchdown ( it is close to ASSp main hall) or mighty ducks (since it is close to sister resort main hall)???

Depends on which food court and amenities you want to use. I like the touchdown buildings as they are really close to the AS Sports food court.

So I went to the doctor for my surgery knee. It is doing great but my right knee is paining me now. Had an MRI done and it is showing a slight tear in my inside meniscus. We are going to try and let it heal on its one. Man I am never going to get to Disney at this rate:rotfl2:

i had my meniscus about torn in half and had the surgery to repair it besides the scope.

it did bother me a lot when i was on my feet more and doing PT.
if you have a small tear, it is possible for it to heal on its own.

i'm hoping that it does for you!
i ended up needing to wear the knee brace off and on when i was at the motherland for more support of the knee.

hang in there, one step forward, two steps back sometimes.

hollypoast said:
I am at ASSp now. I purchased a mug for length of stay however on the soda machines it says it expires on Oct 4th. We check out on September 26th. I'd be happy to "pay it forward" and leave the mug for someone who is checking in on September 25th or 26th. PM me if you'd like it. :)

Really... nobody wants it? I've only used it once and its good through Oct. 4th.

Really... nobody wants it? I've only used it once and its good through Oct. 4th.

i don't think the mugs are transferable.
but, it is a nice offer you are putting out here.

i presently have 8 mugs at home.
3 of them are the new ones that were activated for my stay.
the mugs and the sensors are invalid now on mine.

i have a package starting in 5 days and will be getting a new mug again.
i know i can reactivate my old ones that have the sensor but i'm looking to find a blue mug on my next trip.

January will be our first time at ASSp. I was curious which location is better to request touchdown ( it is close to ASSp main hall) or mighty ducks (since it is close to sister resort main hall)???

My friend and I stayed in Touchdown for the marathon and it was perfect to minimize walking. I've also stayed in the Tennis section and the walk wasn't that bad.

Huge favor- anyone here now able to give me the bounce back code in the red folder in the room?

You can't do anything with it once you are checked out.

We had checked out of our room yesterday morning but were still at the resort for most of the day. I thought the concierge was going to be able to help us reserve the bounce back but they have none of the information at their desk. We were able to call though and booked to return next september!

This was our first time at All Star Sports and we really enjoyed it. We have stayed at the contemporary, polynesian, port orleans riverside, caribbean, and beach and yacht club.This was our first time at a value resort. We have 3 boys that loved the theming so we tried it and for the price you pay compared to many other resorts on property we thought it was a great value. We stayed in a preferred room in the surf section and were very close to the pool and main building (food, buses, concierge, arcade, shop, laundry). We had 2 adults, 2 kids, and 1 infant who was in a pack n play. I had expected the rooms to be much smaller than they were but we fit comfortably.

The cafeteria food was pretty good & offered something for everyone, but it was very crowded due to all the extra people from All Star Music (their cafeteria is currently be refurbished). That being said one busy morning they were completely out of coffee!!!!

The kids didn't seem to notice/care that there was no slide at the pool compared to the other hotels we have stayed but this was the first trip we added the water park option so they were able to get their fix at Blizzard beach and typhoon lagoon. Disney still had pool games and music during the day and a movie at night. And the poolside bar had some yummy tropical drinks at the end of a long park day for the adults!! :)

If anyone is interested, I made a short (less than 1 minute) video of my DD and my trip. (We just returned yesterday.) There are only two shots of ASSp but thought those counting the days until their trip might find it a fun watch. :)

http://youtu.be/OiAAN3Y7NAs?list=UUxMjUcEXSs_JUUe2WEHxcwg

Some things I learned:
-Don't ship a box to yourself... use a local grocery delivery service. It took forever for them to deliver our box.
-Most of the guests staying at ASMu used our food court so it was crazy busy... plan for it.
-The stars on the outside of the building (blue and white) are applied to the building on a contact paper type covering... we saw them replacing some of the panels. I thought that was kind of cleaver.
-This resort doesn't seem as spread out as Pop or AoA so I'm not sure that any room location is a bad one.
-I had some issues applying cash and gift cards to my account. Not sure if this was an issue with a particular cast member or the resort as a whole. In the end I was able to do it but when I brought up $200 in cash to apply to my account they looked at me like I was from Mars.
-All in all a good stay. Most cast members were friendly and helpful.

Holly--Your video was very cute. It makes me wish I was at WDW right now!!!

About the applying money to your account thing, from what I have read it is best to charge to your room and then use your cash/cards to pay that down. Many posters on the Dis say it is a real struggle to get a CM who knows how to put money on your account. I'm hoping they didn't have a problem with taking payment for items charged to your room, because they really are not going to like me in a few weeks.:laughing:

maxiesmom said:
Holly--Your video was very cute. It makes me wish I was at WDW right now!!!

About the applying money to your account thing, from what I have read it is best to charge to your room and then use your cash/cards to pay that down. Many posters on the Dis say it is a real struggle to get a CM who knows how to put money on your account. I'm hoping they didn't have a problem with taking payment for items charged to your room, because they really are not going to like me in a few weeks.:laughing:

I had a balance on my account which is why I was surprised that it was a problem. When I brought cash to the front desk the cast member said "they never take cash". I had to ask for a supervisor and she reluctantly agreed to accept it.

I had a balance on my account which is why I was surprised that it was a problem. When I brought cash to the front desk the cast member said "they never take cash". I had to ask for a supervisor and she reluctantly agreed to accept it.

That just sounds crazy! What business wouldn't take cash?? Oh boy.:sad2:

So DH is a smoker, anybody have a picture of what the smoking area looks like near Touchdown? We are doing our online checkin and I'm thinking about requesting a room close by.

-Most of the guests staying at ASMu used our food court so it was crazy busy... plan for it.

Does anyone know when ASMu food court is expected to be finished?
We go in January; and are probably planning on bringing "easy room" food; but in the event some sort of promo comes out, would be nice to know if we will be sharing.

Does anyone know when ASMu food court is expected to be finished? We go in January; and are probably planning on bringing "easy room" food; but in the event some sort of promo comes out, would be nice to know if we will be sharing.
I think it's re-opening on Dec 19th. We originally booked there but switched to sports since our last day is the 20th.

i can't believe it's almost time for me to start my vacation!
it seemed so far off when i mentioned it here during the summer, now it's hours way.

i leave for the airport in 6 hours.

woo hoo....:cheer2:

So DH is a smoker, anybody have a picture of what the smoking area looks like near Touchdown? We are doing our online checkin and I'm thinking about requesting a room close by.

I don't have a photo, but I can describe that there's a smoking section just outside the far-end (side) entrance to the food court. I'd walk past the smoking section on my way from Touchdown building 10 to the food court.

Does anyone know when ASMu food court is expected to be finished?
We go in January; and are probably planning on bringing "easy room" food; but in the event some sort of promo comes out, would be nice to know if we will be sharing.

The ASMu food court will be re-opening in late December, so by your January visit you'll be all set with no sharing at ASSp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter