Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

58 days more for me.

i did the fp and got everything i needed.
i signed on to my disney experience at 10:59 cst and at 11:00 pm july 31st, was able to do my fp.

for once i was delighted i was an hour behind orlando time..

macraven said:
58 days more for me.

i signed on to my disney experience at 10:59 cst and at 11:00 pm july 31st, was able to do my fp.

Lol. It's nice to hear a positive report! Were you on MDE on your computer or a mobile device?

i used my computer.

i haven't put the app on my mobile yet.
figure i will do that the week before i leave on my trip.

macraven said:
58 days more for me.

Lol. It's nice to hear a positive report! Were you on MDE on your computer or a mobile device?

106 more days for me:crazy2::sad::furious:

On a positive note, my knee is doing great. Pain is almost gone. I went to therapy 3x last week. He is working me out like a madman. I told him I need to completely ready for my trip to Disney in November. He said no problem!!

Just returned yesterday after eight nights at All-Star Sports. We were in Hoops 2, top floor, facing the trees. We requested early check in and our room was ready at 8:30 a.m.! Storage in room isn't great, but I brought extra hangers and a hanging storage unit, so we were fine! Didn't have any problems with noise (and there was a HUGE Brazilian touring group at our hotel and in our section -- filled three tour buses!). We could see the Frozen Summer Fun fireworks at HS from the parking lot end of Hoops 2! Food court was crazy in the morning, but fine in the evening. The main pool was busy in the evenings, but didn't keep us away. We drove to the parks -- everything other than MK is super close. We were surprised! We left the back of HS, walked to our car and were in our hotel room in 30 minutes! Mouse keeping was fun -- arranged the many stuffed animals every night (of cour, often forgot shampoo and towels, but that was a call away). :) It was our second All-Star hotel (stayed at Movies in Nov) and we really enjoyed it!
:goodvibes

Just returned yesterday after eight nights at All-Star Sports. We were in Hoops 2, top floor, facing the trees. We requested early check in and our room was ready at 8:30 a.m.! Storage in room isn't great, but I brought extra hangers and a hanging storage unit, so we were fine! Didn't have any problems with noise (and there was a HUGE Brazilian touring group at our hotel and in our section -- filled three tour buses!). We could see the Frozen Summer Fun fireworks at HS from the parking lot end of Hoops 2! Food court was crazy in the morning, but fine in the evening. The main pool was busy in the evenings, but didn't keep us away. We drove to the parks -- everything other than MK is super close. We were surprised! We left the back of HS, walked to our car and were in our hotel room in 30 minutes! Mouse keeping was fun -- arranged the many stuffed animals every night (of cour, often forgot shampoo and towels, but that was a call away). :) It was our second All-Star hotel (stayed at Movies in Nov) and we really enjoyed it!
:goodvibes

Glad to hear it:thumbsup2

All our requests were made during our initial booking/reservation....should I still do online check in??
This will be our first time at Sports...cant wait :)

If you are going to arrive during a busy checkin time of day (afternoon/early evening), I would go ahead and do online checkin. It can drastic shorten the time it takes. If you will arrive during a slow time it won't really matter. Also you can put your requests in again. Although they won't be guaranteed it still can't hurt to restate what you'd like.

Just redid my ticker. I like to see days instead of months. Looks like I will be coming in a day earlier on Sunday the 16th instead of Monday the 17th.

I switched my ressie from the free dining to a pin code I got in the mail for a room only discount. I got 20% off, better than the general public code of 15% being offered on the Disney website.

I only have 2 ADR's planned and I will just pay out of pocket for them with the savings from the room only discount.

So it is 104 days for me:rotfl2::dance3:

Hi all~my two kids (13/14) and I are heading down for a Christmas vacation this year! Anyone else going around the same time? We will be there Dec 21-Jan 4 and so excited to take advantage of the FD promo! We will split our park days between Disney and US/IOA since we have APs to both (we recently moved from southern Florida back to the midwest earlier this year...oh how I miss Florida!).

All our other trips we have stayed at Pop, so this is a new resort for us and I'm really excited to try something new. Anyone driving down during the winter months? I've driven quite a few times back and forth but never in the winter months so I'm a little nervous how the roads will be...hoping for a mild winter!

Hi all~my two kids (13/14) and I are heading down for a Christmas vacation this year! Anyone else going around the same time? We will be there Dec 21-Jan 4 and so excited to take advantage of the FD promo! We will split our park days between Disney and US/IOA since we have APs to both (we recently moved from southern Florida back to the midwest earlier this year...oh how I miss Florida!).

All our other trips we have stayed at Pop, so this is a new resort for us and I'm really excited to try something new. Anyone driving down during the winter months? I've driven quite a few times back and forth but never in the winter months so I'm a little nervous how the roads will be...hoping for a mild winter!

Good Luck! I have never spent christmas day at disney. That is awesome that those dates are included in the free dining promo:thumbsup2

Good Luck! I have never spent christmas day at disney. That is awesome that those dates are included in the free dining promo:thumbsup2

Thank you! I was shocked to see them included...does that mean they are expecting numbers to be down? I'm prepared for the crowds and since we've been a number of times we are happy to just spend time in Disney and escape the Kansas winter.

Hi all~my two kids (13/14) and I are heading down for a Christmas vacation this year! Anyone else going around the same time? We will be there Dec 21-Jan 4 and so excited to take advantage of the FD promo! We will split our park days between Disney and US/IOA since we have APs to both (we recently moved from southern Florida back to the midwest earlier this year...oh how I miss Florida!). All our other trips we have stayed at Pop, so this is a new resort for us and I'm really excited to try something new. Anyone driving down during the winter months? I've driven quite a few times back and forth but never in the winter months so I'm a little nervous how the roads will be...hoping for a mild winter!
I've been there over Christmas and New Years twice. My advice: if you are planning on going to MK on Christmas Day or New Year's Eve, go early! Last time I was there it was filled to capacity by 10:00 AM! No one was being allowed to park or even take transportation from resorts!

Thank you! I was shocked to see them included...does that mean they are expecting numbers to be down? I'm prepared for the crowds and since we've been a number of times we are happy to just spend time in Disney and escape the Kansas winter.
I'm surprised they are still doing free dining! We are going the week before. I've been over Christmas and New Year's twice. My advice is to get to the park early on Christmas Day and New Year's Eve - especially if you want to go to MK! It filled to capacity by 10 AM. No one was allowed to park in the lot or take transportation from the resorts!

Sorry for the multiple posts... I kept getting error messages saying it timed out on my ipad!

I believe Christmas day will be the worst. Plan accordingly:thumbsup2

Oh and I know about bad winters. This past winter here in Buffalo was one of the worst in history.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter