Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

I have a trip scheduled for the end of August and am trying to decide between sports or music. With my friend’s discount, music is a little bit more but if they’re re-doing the lobby at sports, paying more for music might be worth it.
Has anyone stayed at sports recently?

I have a trip scheduled for the end of August and am trying to decide between sports or music. With my friend’s discount, music is a little bit more but if they’re re-doing the lobby at sports, paying more for music might be worth it.
Has anyone stayed at sports recently?
We stayed this week. We stayed 2 days at Animal kingdom Lodge on DVC points and 3 night at All star sports in Center Court building. The rooms were the old rooms, but the bed was more comfortable than Animal Kingdom Lodge’s bed. I had them deliver me a box fan because I sleep hot and like a fan blowing on me. I had to sit it on the ironing board to find a plug to use. I never heard any construction noise, but had to drive past it to get to the back of the resort in my car. I didn’t notice any work being done to the lobby, just surfs up buildings. All the trucks and shipping containers were parked between buildings 8 and 5.

We stayed this week. We stayed 2 days at Animal kingdom Lodge on DVC points and 3 night at All star sports in Center Court building. The rooms were the old rooms, but the bed was more comfortable than Animal Kingdom Lodge’s bed. I had them deliver me a box fan because I sleep hot and like a fan blowing on me. I had to sit it on the ironing board to find a plug to use. I never heard any construction noise, but had to drive past it to get to the back of the resort in my car. I didn’t notice any work being done to the lobby, just surfs up buildings. All the trucks and shipping containers were parked between buildings 8 and 5.
Sounds like the guess that they'd go to Surfs Up bldgs next was correct. We didn't book preferred for our stay in 4 weeks. Don't need more choices to decide on right now:). We don't even have our park days figured out.

A few notes from here at All-Star Sports.

Touchdown!/Building 7 and all of Home Run Hotel are currently closed for Refurb.

The Lobby redesign is starting as we speak-we were in the Lobby about an hour ago when a Crew came in and started "walling off" the first portion of the counter.

Pool hours are 10:00 AM- 11:00 PM.

The Smoking Area by End Zone Food Court has been greatly expanded and is now much more removed from the "back door" of End Zone so as not to be as close to the "flow" of Guests.

There is one of those "oversized" Chess sets by End Zone.

There are MANY more Loungers at Surfboard Bay than I remember Pre-Closure-they are WALL TO WALL!

There are a couple of new little "seating areas"-one by End Zone and one by Mount Mickey.

May not be a new thing,but there is no "waiting period" between Mug refills now.

First trip to Sports since the reopen-it looks awesome!

Lots of new paint,etc.-they even have fresh flowers in the Restrooms-GREAT to have the original All-Star back and looking good!!!!

A few notes from here at All-Star Sports.

Touchdown!/Building 7 and all of Home Run Hotel are currently closed for Refurb.

The Lobby redesign is starting as we speak-we were in the Lobby about an hour ago when a Crew came in and started "walling off" the first portion of the counter.

Pool hours are 10:00 AM- 11:00 PM.

The Smoking Area by End Zone Food Court has been greatly expanded and is now much more removed from the "back door" of End Zone so as not to be as close to the "flow" of Guests.

There is one of those "oversized" Chess sets by End Zone.

There are MANY more Loungers at Surfboard Bay than I remember Pre-Closure-they are WALL TO WALL!

There are a couple of new little "seating areas"-one by End Zone and one by Mount Mickey.

May not be a new thing,but there is no "waiting period" between Mug refills now.

First trip to Sports since the reopen-it looks awesome!

Lots of new paint,etc.-they even have fresh flowers in the Restrooms-GREAT to have the original All-Star back and looking good!!!!
Thanks for the updates! That's nice/weird about the soda refills. Does it seem very crowded there because of the refurb project limiting rooms? I don't think there's any significant sporting events. My guess is 6am to 11pm for cafeteria. Were the microwave and toasters available? And hopefully able to order in person without huge lines, instead of mobile order.

We are going to Orlando for a concert at House of Blues (Disney Springs) on November 14. We'll only be there Saturday - Tuesday, so only two full days, one of which will be the night of the concert, so we'll only be doing one park day for my DH who is a big Star Wars fan.

I'm weighing the price differences between staying off site and staying on-site, specifically All Star Sports. My question is - can we do without a rental car if we stay at All Star Sports? We'll only be going to DHS and Disney Springs. Monday is TBD, but may just be a relaxing day by the pool.

How long is the bus service to the parks/Disney Springs? It's been something like 20 years since I stayed on property, and I was a teenager then so I don't remember that part of it super well!

EDIT: I am dumb, I just scrolled back a few pages and saw a breakdown of time on the buses. 🤦‍♀️ Can't figure out how to delete the post, so please disregard 🙃

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates! That's nice/weird about the soda refills. Does it seem very crowded there because of the refurb project limiting rooms? I don't think there's any significant sporting events. My guess is 6am to 11pm for cafeteria. Were the microwave and toasters available? And hopefully able to order in person without huge lines, instead of mobile order.
No problem.

The Beverage Island is now BACK to requiring the "waiting period" between refills-weird indeed.

With 3 Buildings out of Inventory,this is a wonderful time to stay at Sports-PLENTY of "elbow room"!

End Zone Food Court hours are 6:30 AM-11:00 PM with the Beverage Island being open 24/7.

Everything in End Zone is back to Pre-Covid operations.

A couple of more things I noticed-there is a great new "pad" for the Campfire with a nice,new Firepit and in the Laundries,in additon to the ARES "green" detergent,there is now ARES "regular" and also TIDE detergent.

No problem.

The Beverage Island is now BACK to requiring the "waiting period" between refills-weird indeed.

With 3 Buildings out of Inventory,this is a wonderful time to stay at Sports-PLENTY of "elbow room"!

End Zone Food Court hours are 6:30 AM-11:00 PM with the Beverage Island being open 24/7.

Everything in End Zone is back to Pre-Covid operations.

A couple of more things I noticed-there is a great new "pad" for the Campfire with a nice,new Firepit and in the Laundries,in additon to the ARES "green" detergent,there is now ARES "regular" and also TIDE detergent.
Aww, darn on having to wait 2 extra minutes or whatever it was for refills:). Thanks for the details. I believe 9pm each night for the movies by pool still.

What you provided on specific bldgs being closed, I think as a Standard, I'll try to request back of Surfs Up by center court yard in a higher floor, which will be a "no," or bldg 10 Touchdown. Worst case try for bldgs 2/5 closer to center court yard. I'm sure I'll end up in 4 Center Court facing Celebrity Hall

https://wdwprepschool.com/disney-world-resorts/onsite/value/all-star-sports-resort/maps/

I know you can link up to 6 cards on MDE. When you charge to your MB, does it pick the 1st card linked to MDE? Or do you still have to check in and opt in with a credit card for charging to room, and that is what gets charged from MB purchases? If the latter, can you only have 1 credit card for all adults for MB charges in a room. Prefer each adult pay with their own card.

We typically never charge with MB. So maybe we will let the others save their card and use MB for purchases if you can only save 1 card per room. With most things requiring mobile order still, the MB use has been more limited. But not that much more difficult to have a gift card/credit card out for F&W/TL.

Anyone have info for Nick6300?
I'd guess that MB purchases are linked from credit card saved at check in, not a card on your MDE. And probably limited to 1 credit card per room. So in my example with 4 adults, we may have to reimburse each other if we all use MB for purchases, which should be less often with mobile orders. Leaning towards letting my in laws add their card for MB use, and we will use other forms of payment (i.e. the Orange Bird gift card at Food and Wine or TL).

I was wondering if the food court has the coke free style machines? If not what kind of pop do they have?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter