• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

We were there last week. North parking lot still has large fenced in construction supply site.

We wander past the windows in #1 both day and night. No people visible. Curtains all the same and never moved. When we looked at night every room had the inner curtain open with the TV on to the welcome channel just like when we arrived in our room. It seems like no guests and no construction happening.

Was very surprised that the hotel seemed so empty. Rarely saw other guests other than in food court, parking lots pretty empty, no CMs wandering, main pool empty, bar empty. Food court glaringly empty no matter what time we came through. Never seen food courts like this.

View attachment 780321View attachment 780322
No doubt.

Definitely still didn't "feel" like Julys of Pre Covid years.

I think the lack of SATGs was a big factor in the "emptiness".

We had one large SATG from Uruguay and one from Brazil this trip as opposed to Pre Covid Julys when there would be at least 6 or 7 large SATGs at Sports at any point.

No doubt.

Definitely still didn't "feel" like Julys of Pre Covid years.

I think the lack of SATGs was a big factor.

We had one large SATG from Uruguay and one from Brazil this trip as opposed to Pre Covid Julys when there would be at least 6 or 7 SATGs at Sports at any point.
We had NO large groups, at best just average sized families ... that we saw. Was great with riding buses!!!

We were at Movies in January and there was coffee and one soda machine working 24 hrs. Is this the same at Sports?

We had NO large groups, at best just average sized families ... that we saw. Was great with riding buses!!!
Hope it stays quiet for us in 4 weeks. I'm probably alone in this, but I wanted the refurb to linger just to have more guests picking other Values first. Not that unusual, but I've seen that the pricing has been where Sports is a little cheaper than Movies and Music to tempt people to book there.

Hope it stays quiet for us in 4 weeks. I'm probably alone in this, but I wanted the refurb to linger just to have more guests picking other Values first. Not that unusual, but I've seen that the pricing has been where Sports is a little cheaper than Movies and Music to tempt people to book there.
With all the deals Disney is tossing out there (the new two day ticket is a great deal only through Sept, restrictive but I would def book a trip for it) my guess is Aug & Sept bookings are DOWN. Halloween Parties only have two sold out dates - not good for Disney.

Last year DS#2 was there 2nd week of Sept and said it was a dream - empty. I had that week booked again and was pumped! Surprise have a grandbaby arriving in Sept so that is better and I cancelled. But as soon as some deals are out I'm booking next September.

Fingers crossed you have a good trip. Here are some pics from 2 weeks ago. It did fill up some of course but nothing was miserable people wise. But then the parade at 3 was so empty. Just HOT HOT HOT wise.

362531655_839451140859890_4002445356996652253_n.jpg

362657519_240764258836489_687177105914079678_n.jpg

362673539_820234592780625_7288647146450910201_n.jpg

362503085_1033201444726366_7179207519497552642_n.jpg

362635977_291721903352868_7893314882361948021_n.jpg

362425436_3593716764286717_5297696930337578017_n.jpg

362265160_1662533277593640_430962261511570294_n.jpg

362457483_1239625760080930_8276212744961228358_n.jpg

362175678_2277799205736879_3332123981370408190_n.jpg

362242398_584276823899135_6020181003292926010_n.jpg

With all the deals Disney is tossing out there (the new two day ticket is a great deal only through Sept, restrictive but I would def book a trip for it) my guess is Aug & Sept bookings are DOWN. Halloween Parties only have two sold out dates - not good for Disney.

Last year DS#2 was there 2nd week of Sept and said it was a dream - empty. I had that week booked again and was pumped! Surprise have a grandbaby arriving in Sept so that is better and I cancelled. But as soon as some deals are out I'm booking next September.

Fingers crossed you have a good trip. Here are some pics from 2 weeks ago. It did fill up some of course but nothing was miserable people wise. But then the parade at 3 was so empty. Just HOT HOT HOT wise.
Thanks! And nice photos. There is definitely a noticeable difference in crowds right after Labor Day, but still, we always book either end of Aug. or early Sept., always with Labor Day included just because of our anniversary, to save the extra vacation day. I'd prefer that 2nd week, if I could, but Sept is great for guests willing to brave the sun & rain.

Didn't realize there was a new 2 day ticket.

I think the Fantasy parade may be gone by the time we're there - or it was for us for this week last year. I haven't checked back on park/show hours, but I hadn't seen it updated for our trip yet. But then again, we haven't even firmed up our park days or plans with G+ with having the baby.

There's so much we haven't seen in a while for the upcoming trip, Fantasmic, HEA, EP Forever, Tron, GotG, train at MK.

Thanks! And nice photos. There is definitely a noticeable difference in crowds right after Labor Day, but still, we always book either end of Aug. or early Sept., always with Labor Day included just because of our anniversary, to save the extra vacation day. I'd prefer that 2nd week, if I could, but Sept is great for guests willing to brave the sun & rain.

Didn't realize there was a new 2 day ticket.

I think the Fantasy parade may be gone by the time we're there - or it was for us for this week last year. I haven't checked back on park/show hours, but I hadn't seen it updated for our trip yet. But then again, we haven't even firmed up our park days or plans with G+ with having the baby.

There's so much we haven't seen in a while for the upcoming trip, Fantasmic, HEA, EP Forever, Tron, GotG, train at MK.
Just announced and I think it's just for FL Residents. But still a great value. Restrictive but during F&W a huge plus for a short getaway, better if you do the add-on.

Add that Universal is practically giving away tickets, things are slow. Buy 2 Day/2 Park and get THREE FREE. SeaWorld also has some good deals on tickets. Tourism is hurting.

Florida Resident 2-Day EPCOT and Animal Kingdom Ticket Offer Available

Florida Residents can now buy a Disney 2-Park Explorer Ticket - a special 2-day ticket that's valid for admission to EPCOT and Disney's Animal Kingdom for $159 plus tax.

This ticket is valid from August 1 to September 29, 2023 and can be used on consecutive or nonconsecutive days (subject to theme park reservation availability). There is a limit of one theme park per day for a total of 2 admissions on 2 separate days.

Water Park and Sports Option: $35 More Per Ticket, Plus Tax

You can purchase a Florida Resident Disney 2-Park Explorer Ticket that also includes the Water Park and Sports option for $35 more per ticket, plus tax. With this ticket and option, you can:

• Visit EPCOT or Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park on 2 separate days with a theme park reservation
  • Visit a Disney water park, golf course or miniature golf course on 2 additional days (or enjoy them on the same day that you visit a Disney theme park)
*All tickets and options expire on September 29th, 2023.
WOW, you have lots to see and do. Guardians is AWESOME!!! I haven't heard anything about parade going away.

Just announced and I think it's just for FL Residents. But still a great value. Restrictive but during F&W a huge plus for a short getaway, better if you do the add-on.

Add that Universal is practically giving away tickets, things are slow. Buy 2 Day/2 Park and get THREE FREE. SeaWorld also has some good deals on tickets. Tourism is hurting.

WOW, you have lots to see and do. Guardians is AWESOME!!! I haven't heard anything about parade going away.
Fantasy parade just phases in and out at certain times of the year. Last year, the Sat before Labor Day (our flight day) was the final day for our 8 day trip. This year, the calendar has it like a few days early Sept but without times listed.

I've heard a little bit from people that they've heard that the crowds were lower. They asked me if it had something to do with the Desantis fight or something else, and I replied that I haven't really followed much park news. I do listen to most earnings calls and Disney reports next Wed. Most recent earnings calls have been centered more on Disney+, but the hot topic will be any updates on potential sale of ESPN and other cable networks.

I have never been to Universal. I even have an unused ticket I bought. I've lived in Tampa for a year and we visited WDW on like 43 of 50 wknds, went to Busch 5x, and I stayed home sick twice. Never went to the beach, which was within eye's view, or Universal! At the time, I actually felt like a traitor for entertaining the thought of going to the competition. I don't feel that way now. I think the new Universal commercials are interesting w/ the "more than magic, it's real" line.

The 2 day tickets are different. It seems like 3 day for FL residents makes sense too, to tempt them to book a hotel stay for the wknd, rather than 1 night. But I agree, if you add the $35 for water parks, you could book Fri/Sat, visit parks on those 2 days, and then go to TL on Sun. Sun sounds like a lazy river day after a wknd in the parks. But that's a low price, relative to reg. And AK and EP makes sense given the sprawl of those parks, AK being lowest in popularity, and locals want to go to EP for F&W.

I went on Guardians last Sept. a few times, but wife was pregnant. Neither of us has been on Tron at WDW. But I did a solo trip to Shanghai and rode Tron a bunch. With the 3 of us, on this trip, we won't be able to ride together on a lot of attractions.

With the price of mugs, POP needs to fix this!
They could but I doubt they ever will.

They would need to leave both doors to Everything Pop Shopping locked and open up one or both of the "side doors" to Everything Pop Dining for Guests to access the Beverage Islands from.

They would then have to have a Security CM stationed all night "between" Everything Pop Dining and Everything Pop Shopping to keep Guests out of the Shop.

Too much trouble they probably think.

Pop does "advertise" the Beverage Station at Petals as being 24/7,but no Coffee/Hot Chocolate/Tea available there and not sure how well it is maintained(ice replenishment,etc.).

1690993246129.png

Last edited:
They could but I doubt they ever will.

They would need to leave both doors to Everything Pop Shopping locked and open up one or both of the "side doors" to Everything Pop Dining for Guests to access the Beverage Islands from.

They would then have to have a Security CM stationed all night "between" Everything Pop Dining and Everything Pop Shopping to keep Guests out of the Shop.

Too much trouble they probably think.

Pop does "advertise" the Beverage Station at Petals as being 24/7,but no Coffee/Hot Chocolate/Tea available there and not sure how well it is maintained(ice replinishment,etc.).

View attachment 782421
I feel like they could just wall it off with doors between the store and dining. But you are right they would have to leave outside doors open and that is a security issue.

Maybe they need to look at some free style type machines so at least you can get soda. The price of the mugs is really high if you are park people. We've only bought them once in the last 10 years because we can't get value from them.

Hello All Star Sports fans. I have just completed a wonderful trip at GF with my husband and am now returning for a trip with young adult son and girlfriend to ASSports. Yes I am taking trips about a month apart at the opposite ends of the resort spectrum. The plan for this trip is budget and parks. 7nights, 4 day 4 park ticket, MNSSHP on off day, and one Universal Day. We do not have a car and will uber/lyft when needed. Sept 6-13
1. When do you find is best time to catch bus for Early Entry
2. If using mobile order, how long to allow to grab breakfast
3. I would love any suggestions or tips you have we may not have thought of. I have not stayed at a value for about 7 years.

I feel like they could just wall it off with doors between the store and dining. But you are right they would have to leave outside doors open and that is a security issue.

Maybe they need to look at some free style type machines so at least you can get soda. The price of the mugs is really high if you are park people. We've only bought them once in the last 10 years because we can't get value from them.
How was the wifi and AC in the rooms?

Hello All Star Sports fans. I have just completed a wonderful trip at GF with my husband and am now returning for a trip with young adult son and girlfriend to ASSports. Yes I am taking trips about a month apart at the opposite ends of the resort spectrum. The plan for this trip is budget and parks. 7nights, 4 day 4 park ticket, MNSSHP on off day, and one Universal Day. We do not have a car and will uber/lyft when needed. Sept 6-13
1. When do you find is best time to catch bus for Early Entry
2. If using mobile order, how long to allow to grab breakfast
3. I would love any suggestions or tips you have we may not have thought of. I have not stayed at a value for about 7 years.
Hi Pooh.
1) If you ask a CM the standard answer they're told to tell you is about 45 min before park opening. If you are trying to be early for rope drop, I'd get out at the bus stop about 1.5 hrs. before park opening / 1 hr. before early entry. So for a MK 9am opening, be out there 7:30, 6:30 for an 8am AK. Depending on the park they will typically let you in a little before the 30 min. early entry (i.e. before 7:30 at AK for a regular 8am opening). So getting out there at 6:30 for AK, maybe getting a bus at 6:45, getting there at 7ish, and walking up to a line at 7:10, you may not be waiting in line more than 5-10 min., and there will be plenty of folks already there. We get out to the bus stop even a little before that 1.5 hrs. I think, just to not miss the 1st bus., and then gauge how early the buses are coming for the week. We typically pack breakfast to go, and eat out at the bus stop to save some sleep time (i.e. breakfast bars).

2) We haven't done mobile order for breakfast. The times we ordered breakfast. We just got it at the counter and checked out at the regular lines. So I'm not much help on this one. We mobile order at Park dining more often, and most seem to be pretty quick, like within 10 min.

3) I think the dining is open 6:30-11, pool is 9-10, movies by the pool is at dusk, maybe around 9 ish, subject to change.

Do they still have mini regular peanut butter jiff cups at the dining lounge? Not sure if they specifically have grape jam - the only kind wife will eat - so I bought a squeeze grape and trying to figure out if we need to bring PB for little PBJ sandwiches:).

Hi Pooh.
1) If you ask a CM the standard answer they're told to tell you is about 45 min before park opening. If you are trying to be early for rope drop, I'd get out at the bus stop about 1.5 hrs. before park opening / 1 hr. before early entry. So for a MK 9am opening, be out there 7:30, 6:30 for an 8am AK. Depending on the park they will typically let you in a little before the 30 min. early entry (i.e. before 7:30 at AK for a regular 8am opening). So getting out there at 6:30 for AK, maybe getting a bus at 6:45, getting there at 7ish, and walking up to a line at 7:10, you may not be waiting in line more than 5-10 min., and there will be plenty of folks already there. We get out to the bus stop even a little before that 1.5 hrs. I think, just to not miss the 1st bus., and then gauge how early the buses are coming for the week. We typically pack breakfast to go, and eat out at the bus stop to save some sleep time (i.e. breakfast bars).

2) We haven't done mobile order for breakfast. The times we ordered breakfast. We just got it at the counter and checked out at the regular lines. So I'm not much help on this one. We mobile order at Park dining more often, and most seem to be pretty quick, like within 10 min.

3) I think the dining is open 6:30-11, pool is 9-10, movies by the pool is at dusk, maybe around 9 ish, subject to change.
Thank You!

Thank You!
Many rope droppers will Uber/Lyft or drive instead. And we have on a rare occasion, but to us, maybe one of the very few primary on-site perks left, other than early entry (still better before with early/late magic), is the convenience of the bus system. We're cheap, and paying extra for on site, we're generally going to use the buses. And I like the bus stop layout of the Values - they're all right together rather than the resorts with internal stops or a lot of walking.

We used to stay at Pop just as often as Sports, before it got more and more popular for the gondolas, and increasingly more expensive than Sports. Don't think we've stayed at Pop since the skyliner, just because we prefer to get HS/EP super early, and I'm not confident that I'd be early enough with that timing. Someone can please correct me since I haven't even tried it and curious to know, but it seems like you'd get there early enough for RD and possibly before they start to let you in, but certainly not going to be there near the front of lines at taps, since they run like an hr. before park opening? And I'm used to trying for within the first 5-10 people in line at taps. It would be more convenient with stroller this time around for us at Pop. In either case, I think it was like $300 more for the week than Sports though, and I looked at it as if I could pay for the whole week of Uber for that price difference... about 7 days x 2 trips x $13 = $182, with some leftover for a few meals or G+. Yesterday, we did add a couple hundred dollars in Uber giftcards just in case of rides/meals. 6% grocery rewards with that Amex blue preferred + gas discount.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter