Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Do they still provide the little bars of bath soap and not just body wash? Is housekeeping still just about every few days rather than each day?

Saints Fan or anyone else, what's the latest on the hurricane? Is it mainly just this Wed. that the storm will hit. I think I heard that it could be the Carolinas by Friday.

I pick up laundry pods before we go. Easy to transport, no spill-risk.
I suggested the same but wife still wants to take Tide liquid instead for some handwashing clothes on occasion, since our baby is 5 months old and accidents happen every week. I put the Tide bottle in a zip last night and in a hard cover luggage. But I still don't feel great about it! We do also already pack sunscreen, regular lotion, gatorade, grape jelly, toiletries, too I guess. Maybe I can spare the extra space to put the ziplocked Tide in a container too.

Saints Fan or anyone else, what's the latest on the hurricane? Is it mainly just this Wed. that the storm will hit. I think I heard that it could be the Carolinas by Friday.
I have been home since Sunday so I may not be the best to answer this one. I would just say monitor the weather reports, other topics on this board, and I believe the Disney Reddit has been tracking it too.

Are there paper plates readily available or only at the food pickup area that's not for guests. Trying to decide if I need to spare packing space for plates.

Are there paper plates readily available or only at the food pickup area that's not for guests. Trying to decide if I need to spare packing space for plates.

I pack my own paper plates for my Disney resort stays. Napkins and utensils are easy to get from the food court but not extra paper plates, at least in my experience. I'm sure you could get some from the food court if you ask but they aren't out for you to pick up.

I pack my own paper plates for my Disney resort stays. Napkins and utensils are easy to get from the food court but not extra paper plates, at least in my experience. I'm sure you could get some from the food court if you ask but they aren't out for you to pick up.
There was a stack out at the mobile order window in June. They didn't even look at me when I went and took one.

I always DOUBLE ZIP BAG liquids (like shampoo, body wash, etc) that I put in my checked bags. 🤞 I'm too afraid of them leaking in flight.
It’s packed and in the car so let’s see how it does. Right now we’re scrambling with a dead key fob and the spare key doesn’t work. Of course this has to happen right now

Here. Building 1 surfs up is not only under active construction with a lot of crew, CM opinion is that it’s going to take months for completion since it was delayed several times until Aug start, and it’s taken at least a few months for the other bldgs… she thought it was possible not even done by end of yr. More likely done this yr., but possible go into early next.

Here. Building 1 surfs up is not only under active construction with a lot of crew, CM opinion is that it’s going to take months for completion since it was delayed several times until Aug start, and it’s taken at least a few months for the other bldgs… she thought it was possible not even done by end of yr. More likely done this yr., but possible go into early next.
I was going to submit a request for a room in bldg 2. Am I going to run into issues walking past building 1 on the way to the main building or bus stops?

I was going to submit a request for a room in bldg 2. Am I going to run into issues walking past building 1 on the way to the main building or bus stops?
No issues, you can turn right towards surfs up bldg 1 and head to 2 hoops. Sidewalk is open.

Were standard and requested bldg 2 Hoops or bldg 5 center court, provided they were near the Center Court side for a shorter path to Stadium Hall (best of Standard if proximity to main bldg is preferred). Request over phone ahead of time didn’t work (hasn’t worked in many yrs)… we got bldg 9 Homerun, the far end by parking lot, literally the furthest corner they could put you. When we again at check in asked for 2/5 or anything else, cm said the same thing the last 4-5x have told me… “we’re completely sold out and this is the only room ready.” After politely requesting them again to see if something opens up by tonight when we come back after MK, please move us… cm did a special Mgr request to get us to the backside of 2 hoops. But said they’re the same distance even though bldg 9 looks further. That whole routine is getting really old.

We stop in stadium hall every time, so we actually go in front of surfs up 6 and cut to inside of buildings sidewalks to make the walk as short as possible to Hoops.

They have an auto hot choc machine instead of offering packets plus hot water, that’s new for us since last Fall. We had to request extra hand towels and ice liners (you get 1 with first housekeeping day 3). Our baby hasn’t liked the pack n play so we had to have her in bed which isn’t safe/don’t like. So far our infant hasn’t let us stay after 8:30pm either and so we’ve missed Tron, HEA, and EP Forever.

We tried to see of it was possible to get something in surfs up by requesting a frig from old style bldgs and they said they’re all gone for the beverage coolers, even in 1. My wife’s diabetic and we asked about the Ada rooms too. The days of booking standard and getting preferred are toast, and they try to make it difficult to even request something within standard that’s closer than they wanted to place you.

They have an auto hot choc machine instead of offering packets plus hot water, that’s new for us since last Fall. We had to request extra hand towels and ice liners (you get 1 with first housekeeping day 3). Our baby hasn’t liked the pack n play so we had to have her in bed which isn’t safe/don’t like. So far our infant hasn’t let us stay after 8:30pm either and so we’ve missed Tron, HEA, and EP Forever.

We tried to see of it was possible to get something in surfs up by requesting a frig from old style bldgs and they said they’re all gone for the beverage coolers, even in 1. My wife’s diabetic and we asked about the Ada rooms too. The days of booking standard and getting preferred are toast, and they try to make it difficult to even request something within standard that’s closer than they wanted to place you.
We put in our requests when I booked. I asked for baseball building. Checked in early and was told tennis told them I would wait until there was something available at baseball. They put in my request and later in the day I got a text again for tennis. Went to desk to explain about waiting was told there was nothing at baseball because there was a soccer tournament and the kids were all in that building. I asked for an upgrade and was told they were all booked.
The funny thing is the guy walking behind us was put in baseball and he wasn’t part of the soccer teams. Going to fill out the feedback when u get back from the parks.
Also told them (when I booked). I was celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary. No comment from anyone acknowledging it.

I’ve been getting the we’re completely booked and you have no other choice spiel for at least the last 4-5x, I wonder if anyone else is having that happen?

It’s sept, check in time was late am right after guests were checking out, it was right after the tropical storm, sports is huge, and the least popular in terms of value with the construction in surfs up 1, to the point where they are pricing it lower than the other all stars to tempt you to book. I’ve listened to Iger say that the target booking for his resorts is 97% because even when operating at capacity you need a buffer for timing of check in check out, not possible to ever achieve much better without overbooking. Highly doubt based on the volumes at the parks and at Sports itself, that they’re running near capacity.

I requested our anniversary and 1st visit pins, I was very polite, pretended like I believed/emphasized with them being so swamped/overloaded. They don’t have to do room requests, but it seems like it doesn’t do any good to do any in advance. They really don’t want to move your stuff if they have it in bldg 9 (pack n play).

Hey all, quick question. Staying in Sports for the first time in YEARS. I have a preferred room. Did online check-in and requested Surfs Up, but now reading all this about construction in building one. Should I remove that request? I assume a preferred category room gets a good bldg anyways so I don't care if it is specifically surfs up.

Hey all, quick question. Staying in Sports for the first time in YEARS. I have a preferred room. Did online check-in and requested Surfs Up, but now reading all this about construction in building one. Should I remove that request? I assume a preferred category room gets a good bldg anyways so I don't care if it is specifically surfs up.
If surfs up 6 is still important to you, you could keep the request or add a second request that’s floor 1 or pool view, for instance. You can do at least 3 requests over phone. 7 and 10 touchdown are also preferred and sections of those bldgs can be relatively close to stadium hall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter