Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just arrived and dropped our luggage off. Get on the bus for Springs to shop and have lunch in a bit and got text our room is ready!! Got 4th floor Ostrich Trail. Not far from Lobby which is amazing.
Standard? If yes, let us know if it was good when you leave.

I can send in my room requests soon. Looking for advice/opinions on what to request. We are booked for a standard room at AKL. Would like to be able to possibly see the savanna & be close to the lobby. Does that exist for a standard room? Anything else I should consider?

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading this thread until my eyes glazed over. =p

I have a DVC standard view deluxe studio booked for a 1 night stay in January. After reading through dozens of pages, can anyone confirm for me that the best request to attempt to secure a partial savannah view would be to ask for Kudo Trail?

Just arrived and dropped our luggage off. Get on the bus for Springs to shop and have lunch in a bit and got text our room is ready!! Got 4th floor Ostrich Trail. Not far from Lobby which is amazing.
Post some pictures if you can .

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading this thread until my eyes glazed over. =p

I have a DVC standard view deluxe studio booked for a 1 night stay in January. After reading through dozens of pages, can anyone confirm for me that the best request to attempt to secure a partial savannah view would be to ask for Kudo Trail?

I think your best request is to ask for a partial savanna view :) Did you book through Disney directly, or did you book through DVC member services (whether renting, or your own)? If you booked using DVC points, either you or the DVC member you rented from can ask member services to put that request on your reservation. If you booked through Disney you should be able to call and ask that they make note of your request. I would call again 5 days ahead of check in and re-confirm the request. Worst case scenario your request is not honored and you can always ask at the desk about getting a partial savanna view. If you are a touring plans subscriber you can also utilize their fax request service.

I think your best request is to ask for a partial savanna view :) Did you book through Disney directly, or did you book through DVC member services (whether renting, or your own)? If you booked using DVC points, either you or the DVC member you rented from can ask member services to put that request on your reservation. If you booked through Disney you should be able to call and ask that they make note of your request. I would call again 5 days ahead of check in and re-confirm the request. Worst case scenario your request is not honored and you can always ask at the desk about getting a partial savanna view. If you are a touring plans subscriber you can also utilize their fax request service.

I rented points. So then, requesting partial savannah view is non-specific enough not to be completely discounted? (I know there is no guarantee)

I leave tomorrow morning! Can't believe it's finally here, I booked it over a year ago. We have three rooms booked and I used the touring plans fax request to request a bunk bed room, so I'm hoping we get it. But even if we don't, we'll be in Disney!:sunny::love::smooth::furious::flower:

Looking at the recreation schedule... can someone explain what bead activity means? I feel like I have read about it before, but can't remember...

I rented points. So then, requesting partial savannah view is non-specific enough not to be completely discounted? (I know there is no guarantee)

I requested just that a few times - "any partial Savanna view" - and have been greatly rewarded in the past! However I have not stayed standard DVC in Jambo. (Have done a standard hotel room in Jambo, so just a lower floor and also value DVC, so different category). There are lots of "people pen" rooms on Kudu trail and even when we stayed at the far end of Kudu I didn't think the walk was too far so I think that's also a safe request, but in order to cast the widest net I'd ask for any partial Savanna view. You never know what pixie dust you might get for one night!

For what it's worth, I'd stay at Jambo with a "brick wall view" as there are so many great public viewing locations. I am sure you will love it!

Looking at the recreation schedule... can someone explain what bead activity means? I feel like I have read about it before, but can't remember...

Participants earn a souvenir bead with which they can make a unique bracelet to remember their trip by... many cute photos on google images if you care to do a little search. Pretty cool freebie!

I am back home from my very first stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and also my first stay at a deluxe resort. I arrived an hour ahead of check in and my room was ready. Also, my request for an upper floor near the lobby was honored. The room was very nice and also conveniently located near an elevator. The only problem I had with the room is that one of the sinks was clogged. I called maintenance but as far as I can tell, the issue was never addressed. There was also no alarm clock in the room.

I found the quick service restaurant (The Mara) to be subpar. There weren't many food options and I had to wait forever for a ceasar salad and it's not even something that needs to be cooked. Also, the price displayed on the menu for the salad was lower than what I was charged and the cashier would not honor the price. I also found it inconvenient that I had to walk outside of the hotel to get to The Mara.

The bus situation wasn't great as they were often crowded and I had to stand several times. I've rarely experienced this at Port Orleans French Quarter where I usually stay. So after all is said and done, it was nice to experience AKL once, but I will stick to POFQ in the future.

Participants earn a souvenir bead with which they can make a unique bracelet to remember their trip by... many cute photos on google images if you care to do a little search. Pretty cool freebie!
Thanks - not sure why I didn't think to Google it, but those are really cute! Might have to try to fit that into our schedule!

Me too! Just one night though - kicking off my birthday trip! (Celebration...not over the day itself because, price.)
I'm celebrating my birthday then too! My best friend and I will be there Aug 22-24 for my 40th!

I'm celebrating my birthday then too! My best friend and I will be there Aug 22-24 for my 40th!

My birthday is actually July 20, but I'm doing my celebration trip (46 in 2017) in August for lower rates. :) I'm there the night of the 18th, then off to the Fantasy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter