• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brother's family just checked into Kidani using my DVC points and I was hoping to get info to help him.

1) can you see giraffes on the sunset savannah whether you are to the right or left of the lobby? any major difference between the two? he got a sunset savannah room on the 3rd floor about 1/3-halfway down the hall to the left of the lobby (near the pool) and was wondering if he should try to switch.

2) best way to get to Swan for dinner? i suggested bus to Hollywood then walk or take boat.

Thanks.

Brother's family just checked into Kidani using my DVC points and I was hoping to get info to help him.

1) can you see giraffes on the sunset savannah whether you are to the right or left of the lobby? any major difference between the two? he got a sunset savannah room on the 3rd floor about 1/3-halfway down the hall to the left of the lobby (near the pool) and was wondering if he should try to switch.

2) best way to get to Swan for dinner? i suggested bus to Hollywood then walk or take boat.

Thanks.
Sounds like he got a great room. The animals, including the giraffes, move around. Look for the browse containers higher up in the trees, if he can see one of those, the giraffes will be by to eat. They also bring the animals into the barn for an hour and a half or so each morning. My favorite animals on Sunset are the zebra herd. BTW w/ DVC if he changes villas after he's been in the villa there's a $50 housekeeping charge.
I agree bus to DHS then boat to Swan - which is the first boat stop. We took a cab last week from BC to AKL and it was only $15, btw.

Thanks.

I agree, I would keep the room. They could also cab to the swan, but coming back the swan/dolphin wont call a yellow cab, they have towncars that charge a fixed rate. Feels swanky, but you'll pay about $5 extra. Not terrible, but we hate paying extra. We do it though. Traveling in style. :cool2:

Hey all! I'm booked in a standard club level room in May. Can anyone give me an idea of location? Like will we have a 10 minute walk to the lounge? Can it be located all the way down the "wings"?

Hey all! I'm booked in a standard club level room in May. Can anyone give me an idea of location? Like will we have a 10 minute walk to the lounge? Can it be located all the way down the "wings"?

CL resort rooms are on the 4th floor, Arusha Savannah (Kudu or Zebra Trail) in the first pod off the lobby (occasionally in the 2nd pod). They do try to keep all the CL rooms clustered in one area -- both for the convenience of the guests and the mousekeeping staff, who also does "turn down" service each evening.

If you're at all concerned about being too far from the lounge, the one room request you should make is "near lobby" ;)

First time staying at AKL! yay!
We rented DVC points and will be staying in a studio room savanna view at Kidani Village...
What are the laundry options? Price?

Location requests for good animal views...but not a ton of walking.

Thanks!

i kinda disagree with the don't do it. we have done this lots to get to the boardwalk and it really is no longer of a wait then buses. sometimes you have to wait a few minutes for a boat, some times they are on each others *****. you can never tell but i've never had a real issue with doing this. also, the walk is no more than a fifteen minute walk. true, you may not be in the mood to walk and it may not be in your plans but if you do its not going to take an hour.

sorry for your wait but i don't think that is the norm. jmo.

eta--i think the best way to do this is take a bus to downtown disney and transfer to the resort bus there.

CL resort rooms are on the 4th floor, Arusha Savannah (Kudu or Zebra Trail) in the first pod off the lobby (occasionally in the 2nd pod). They do try to keep all the CL rooms clustered in one area -- both for the convenience of the guests and the mousekeeping staff, who also does "turn down" service each evening.

If you're at all concerned about being too far from the lounge, the one room request you should make is "near lobby" ;)

Ahhhh...very helpful. So not very far at all, would you agree? Maybe 5 minutes?

Ahhhh...very helpful. So not very far at all, would you agree? Maybe 5 minutes?

Probably not even 5 minutes. :thumbsup2 You can either take the elevator from 4th floor to 6th or walk up 2 flights of stairs. The staircase from floor 4 to 5 is nothing special, but the staircase from the 5th floor to the Lounge (it's gated) feels truly magical to me! :cloud9:

I will be walking through that gate in just a few weeks! :yay::woohoo:

First time staying at AKL! yay! We rented DVC points and will be staying in a studio room savanna view at Kidani Village... What are the laundry options? Price? Location requests for good animal views...but not a ton of walking. Thanks!

Laundry is free (well except for detergent and fabric softener).

First time staying at AKL! yay!
We rented DVC points and will be staying in a studio room savanna view at Kidani Village...
What are the laundry options? Price?

Location requests for good animal views...but not a ton of walking.

Thanks!

The free dvc laundry room is on the main level around the corner of the main lobby ,and across from the community hall.

It is free. They currently have 3 washers i believe, and 6 dryers,if i remember correctly.

i kinda disagree with the don't do it. we have done this lots to get to the boardwalk and it really is no longer of a wait then buses. sometimes you have to wait a few minutes for a boat, some times they are on each others *****. you can never tell but i've never had a real issue with doing this. also, the walk is no more than a fifteen minute walk. true, you may not be in the mood to walk and it may not be in your plans but if you do its not going to take an hour.

eta--i think the best way to do this is take a bus to downtown disney and transfer to the resort bus there.

....if it's a leisurely walk, then ok....we were more like , um, 'power-walking', if you will, and trust me, when we were trying to get to our ADR and we were running late, it was NO FUN AT ALL.....

Respectfully, I would NEVER EVER EVER EVER transfer at downtown Disney!!! There are fewer busses there than at any of the parks, and then to the BW area, I forget the order, but it stops at the BC, YC, Swan/Dolphin, BW. Five resort stops is way too many.

Respectfully, I would NEVER EVER EVER EVER transfer at downtown Disney!!! There are fewer busses there than at any of the parks, and then to the BW area, I forget the order, but it stops at the BC, YC, Swan/Dolphin, BW. Five resort stops is way too many.

I totally agree with you!! I only consider using DTD buses when I absolutely, positively have to! :headache:

But since you mentioned the 5 stops at the Epcot resorts, we ALWAYS get off at the first one and walk to our destination! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter