Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only stayed at All Stars(on race weekend) and at POR with my family. I was able to get a standard room at AKL for what we paid last Nov at POR(we didn't have free dining or a room discount). I'm really excited that we are staying here. Our trip is Nov 26-Dec 2.
November

DizDaD7, 4th - 12th, AKL

Dkrauss, 6th - 12th, Jambo House

TeeterTots, 9th - 12th, AKV CL

Lovetotraveltx, 13th - 19th, AKL CL

Smec73, 26th - 2nd, AKL

Mickeyheart, 26th - Dec 10th, AKL CL

Mrsap, 27th - Dec 2nd, AKL CL

Can I be added to the group? We will be at AKL from November 28 to December 5. It's our first Disney trip so we are really excited!! :-)

We will be visiting AKV for the first time this Oct 2-9! My DD and I have always wanted to stay here, and we are finally going to be able to! My husband was pretty pumped, too.

I'm sure this is covered somewhere in the 178 pages, but could somebody tell me if I have the option to choose Jambo house when renting a DVC 2 Bedroom? I know it probably isn't guarantee but is there an chance to ask, or is there even 2 bedrooms at Jambo?

I'm sure this is covered somewhere in the 178 pages, but could somebody tell me if I have the option to choose Jambo house when renting a DVC 2 Bedroom? I know it probably isn't guarantee but is there an chance to ask, or is there even 2 bedrooms at Jambo?

Yes, DVC does have 2 bedrooms at Jambo House. I think you have to book it that way though. I think when you are booked you need to book in Kadani or Jambo. I own there and that's what I have to do!

2 bedrooms are available as lock-offs at Jambo House - there are two separate categories for Jambo and Kidani so make sure you are booking where you want to end up.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...ida/animal-kingdom-villas-jambo/points-rooms/

Can I be added to the group? We will be at AKL from November 28 to December 5. It's our first Disney trip so we are really excited!! :-)
November

DizDaD7, 4th - 12th, AKL

Dkrauss, 6th - 12th, Jambo House

TeeterTots, 9th - 12th, AKV CL

Lovetotraveltx, 13th - 19th, AKL CL

Smec73, 26th - 2nd, AKL

Mickeyheart, 26th - Dec 10th, AKL CL

Mrsap, 27th - Dec 2nd, AKL CL

MemphisVanessa, 28th to Dec 5th, AKL

We will be visiting AKV for the first time this Oct 2-9! My DD and I have always wanted to stay here, and we are finally going to be able to! My husband was pretty pumped, too.
October

PghPiratesGirl, Sep 29th - 6th, AKL

Kerim1983, 1st - 10th, AKL

HollyMD, 2nd - 9th, AKL

Vinotinto, 5ht - 10th, AKL

Disneymom1126, 14th - 22nd, AKL

Ruth B, 20th - Nov 1st, AKL

John's Mom, 24th - 27th, Boardwalk Villa

Jambo Everyone – We are booked for 10 nights in a Villas - Studio Value Jambo House Aug 31st – Sep 10th. Originally had AoA Family Suites (Lion King), then CSR, then back to AoA and over the weekend tried to see what I could get at AKL knowing discounts were around the corner and here we are. DD and DW don’t know we are at AKL, may keep it a secret until we arrive. DD doesn’t even know about the trip yet. We’ll hold off until about a month out to tell her. I’m so giddy about staying at AKL :banana:I haven’t been able to sleep the past few nights.:faint:

Enjoy the thread and appreciate all the insight. We can’t wait as this will be our first time at AKL and DD loves animals.

Dgbg100106, please add to the list! Thanks in advance.

Hey, one question, how long of a walk is it from Jambo House to Sanaa?

Just keep in mind that anything that is listed as a value at any of the resorts is going to have the same issues (little supply, high demand, hard to get).

The only DVC resort with a "value" category is AKV Jambo House.

We will have our vehicle there and do drive to all the parks except Magic Kingdom. If your room is far from the lobby, will you still be able to park close to the room? I haven't been able to find anything showing exactly how the parking is set up.

We're all booked for AKL at the end of January! I'm SO excited I can hardly stand it. :) A question...we're thinking about upgrading to club level. For those who have stayed CL...was it worth it? What's the cost that would make it "worth it" to you? We're a family of 3 - my daughter will be 7 when we travel - so I could see us getting a lot of value out of eating breakfast in the lounge every day and maybe snacks as well. I'm also a little confused about the actual cost of upgrading...we're already booked for a savannah view...it's hard to tell online if it's another $40 a night (which would seem to be totally worth it) or another $100+ a night. THANKS!

The regular CL rooms are Savannah, so it is whatever the difference. It's probably the $40 since you are already paying for a higher priced Savannah view. I've noticed most CL seems to come out about $100 more than standard. I think it'll be worth it for us, even with our individual food preferences. The morning offerings look to have something for everyone, desserts, alcohol, heck just not buying the mugs saves us 60 bucks towards it. For us, it is just something I want to try. I also have teenage boys, and I suspect my less picky one will be allover appetizer time.

We're all booked for AKL at the end of January! I'm SO excited I can hardly stand it. :) A question...we're thinking about upgrading to club level. For those who have stayed CL...was it worth it? What's the cost that would make it "worth it" to you? We're a family of 3 - my daughter will be 7 when we travel - so I could see us getting a lot of value out of eating breakfast in the lounge every day and maybe snacks as well. I'm also a little confused about the actual cost of upgrading...we're already booked for a savannah view...it's hard to tell online if it's another $40 a night (which would seem to be totally worth it) or another $100+ a night. THANKS!

Sounds like a great trip! I have no experience with staying CL but I looked at the option when I was booking my trip. Club Level is roughly $229 more a night than a standard AKL room and about $78 more than Savanna. This was priced using my dates which are the week after Thanksgiving.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 10.01.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 10.01.12 PM.png
    380.8 KB · Views: 7
Jambo Everyone – We are booked for 10 nights in a Villas - Studio Value Jambo House Aug 31st – Sep 10th. Originally had AoA Family Suites (Lion King), then CSR, then back to AoA and over the weekend tried to see what I could get at AKL knowing discounts were around the corner and here we are. DD and DW don’t know we are at AKL, may keep it a secret until we arrive. DD doesn’t even know about the trip yet. We’ll hold off until about a month out to tell her. I’m so giddy about staying at AKL :banana:I haven’t been able to sleep the past few nights.:faint:

Enjoy the thread and appreciate all the insight. We can’t wait as this will be our first time at AKL and DD loves animals.

Dgbg100106, please add to the list! Thanks in advance.

Hey, one question, how long of a walk is it from Jambo House to Sanaa?

You will love it! We also surprised the kids and were able to get a few night there 2 yrs. ago, through DVC pts bought from a friend. DD was especially thrilled since she loves animals and wants to be a vet. Our savannah view room was amazing, could have sat there all day watching. Since you have a long stay, I would suggest planning a resort day. There are great kids activities my DD loves like making an animal feeder they will use for the animals (she made a giraffe feeder that they hang on the trees), African drumming, animal tracking, cookie decorating down at Boma, etc. you get to collect little beads for a bracelet with each activity. You can also check out animals at night with night vision goggles they have. DD would like to stay there all the time now if we could afford it. We took a quick trip (just her and I ) in Dec. to see Osbourne Lts. one more time:sad: and stayed at POP to be economical, but I surprised her with 1 more nt. at AKL to wake up there on Chisrmas Eve before flying home. Enjoy!

Can someone post the link on how/when to do a room request? I have never made a room request before, and I'm doing this myself this time(no TA). We have a standard room view, but really really would like bunk beds. Is that possible?

Can someone post the link on how/when to do a room request? I have never made a room request before, and I'm doing this myself this time(no TA). We have a standard room view, but really really would like bunk beds. Is that possible?

If renting points from a DVC owner, the owner will have to make any room requests for you.
If you are using your own DVC points, you will have to contact Member Services and make any requests.
If you are paying cash directly to WDW then call the Main Reservations line and have the Phone CM add your room requests to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When you do this within that timeframe does not matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter